What's new

AIADMK declares Jayalalitha as PM candidate

Shashi Tharoor had his image sullied by the IPL scandal. In India, it's ok to be accused of any crime AFTER one occupies a Chief/Prime Ministerial post, not before!:partay: He's out!

Come to think of it, DeveGowda wasn't too bad either, right?:rofl:

The fact that we talk of Devegowda as not that bad reveals a dearth in leadership.

populism tends to rule the roost. Imagine a politician for example saying that they want to legalize gay sex

or decriminalize Marijuana. Or decriminalise prostitution and instead fine the people that uses it.

That would require holding a mirror to Indian hypocritical morality.

He actually named his son Stalin?

After a mass murdering psychopath?

I nominate Sashi Tharoor. i don't why, because i am a keralite I suppose :D

Karuna has declared himself as an athiest, and he was impressed by Stalin it seems! Thats why we can see a successor to him in the name of stalin( but i dont think he have the aura of original stalin !)

Tharoor s a modern , forward looking guy.! A good choice though..!

Karuna has declared himself as an athiest, and he was impressed by Stalin it seems! Thats why we can see a successor to him in the name of stalin( but i dont think he have the aura of original stalin !)

Tharoor s a modern , forward looking guy.! A good choice though..!

He could have drawn on Tamil historical figures.

Sashi is a no No. He got married three times. In Indian culture even if you save 100,000 lives if you are a divorcee you are a bad person.

But Sashi tends to be all talk. He is better served as an Ambassador. Or he would have been an excellent author.

He actually named his son Stalin?

After a mass murdering psychopath?

I nominate Sashi Tharoor. i don't why, because i am a keralite I suppose :D

In 1949,he still was the hero of world war 2 for knocking Hitler off his perch in StalinGrad,

I can only support her if she stays clear of Dravida politics. Even Kerala is apprehensive of this even though we were part of Tamil Nadu for quite some time

I can see Anti-Kerala comments coming now. :crazy_pilot:

she is the perfect counter for DMK,Kerala has the opposite problem.

In 1949,he still was the hero of world war 2 for knocking Hitler off his perch in StalinGrad,

Not really. The world had no oither choice. He was believed to be the better evil than Hitler. But soon cold war started after WW2. If facts are to be believed, Stalin was as cruel and barbaric as Hitler.

Not really. The world had no oither choice. He was believed to be the better evil than Hitler. But soon cold war started after WW2. If facts are to be believed, Stalin was as cruel and barbaric as Hitler.

And to Jews as well.

The delinquency and the ill discipline of the unionists driving out industries?

u want the truth,

Tamilnadu is conservative in some areas and liberal in others,Kerala too the same.

But outwardly the perception is TN is conservative and Kerala is Liberal but economically the truth is opposite.

Kerala has nationalists which is good but it has one left and one left liberal party.

ideally left liberals exist and line up to fight rightists.

When u overload a place full of one side like Kerala n Bengal,u have a problem.

U shud have left and Right in equal lines,

Thats why u see most CPM cadres turning into RSS activists and the future of Kerala is Congress vs BJP.

CPM ll vanish.

The Fun of Indian Politics - From North To South, From East to West, From 1 Seat to 272+ ANYONE can dream of becoming a PM!!!

u want the truth,

Tamilnadu is conservative in some areas and liberal in others,Kerala too the same.

But outwardly the perception is TN is conservative and Kerala is Liberal but economically the truth is opposite.

Kerala has nationalists which is good but it has one left and one left liberal party.

ideally left liberals exist and line up to fight rightists.

When u overload a place full of one side like Kerala n Bengal,u have a problem.

U shud have left and Right in equal lines,

Thats why u see most CPM cadres turning into RSS activists and the future of Kerala is Congress vs BJP.

CPM ll vanish.

Even if that were to eventuate, given the demographics of Kerala, it will have way less power and be have to be more moderate.

Kerala society is socially very conservative. it is also one of the most hypocritical in this regard.

of course it ll be,please dont go under the impression sangh activists are what they are shown to be.

Positive side Amma is a good administrator ....Negative side her political base is only in TN and she will care about TN's interest only ....Good thing for BJP is they can create fear of Jaya as PM in Karnataka and Kerala to get more votes

But wasn't Stalin born in 1953?
But you're right, Stalin had a much better reputation then. M K Stalin's birth was on 1st of March 1953, while Joesph Stalin died on 5th of March 1953. ....A case of premonition on the part of Karunanidhi,perhaps?:)

Positive side Amma is a good administrator ....Negative side her political base is only in TN and she will care about TN's interest only ....Good thing for BJP is they can create fear of Jaya as PM in Karnataka and Kerala to get more votes

BJP wont do like that. Amma is potential support for BJP. She can provide outside valuable support, moreover Modi and Amma are political friends.
What does karnataka and Kerala have got to fear from Amma anyway? The Dam issue is in SC, and Kaveri problem arises only during low rainy seasons.!

BJP wont do like that. Amma is potential support for BJP. She can provide outside valuable support, moreover Modi and Amma are political friends.
What does karnataka and Kerala have got to fear from Amma anyway? The Dam issue is in SC, and Kaveri problem arises only during low rainy seasons.!

I'm afraid Tamil politicians don't have a good reputation in Karnataka. Years of wrangling over the Kaveri issue has created this impression that Tamil Politicians just don't care about the interests of farmers in Karnataka(I don't subscribe to that opinion though).

Back
Top Bottom