What's new

Ahmadinejad Calls for Direct Negotiations with the U.S.

So you prefer Iran to close its peaceful nuclear program altogether, and assume it will be all good then? Thats very naive, sorry.

Yes, we should give up our whole nuclear program, minus our nuclear abilities to make nuclear isotopes, in order to get rid of ALL sanctions. Btw, you're not Iranian, so why are you bothering?

I am sure you know how much sanctions are stiffer now.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as 6th President of Iran: 3 August 2005
First UN sanction against Iran: passed on 31 July 2006
Other UN sanctions

Please read the Ahmadinejad government era at USA sanctions & EU sanctions

And compare them with Khatami era. I am sure west is not going to lift them immediately.

China had the nuc for centuries, what changes it to a super power is its developing economy not nucs. compare S-Korea with N-Korea. Which of the shining economies in the world has chosen nuc enrichment as their priority? Changing the nuclear program to a dignity issue was the most destructive action against our economy. It is vital but not the most important one for our mother land. Now we lack behind most of developing countries while we were among leading economies. Economy is far more powerful than Atoms in 21th century.

I know sanctions are stiffer now,it's a fact.
But we didn't choose our nuckear program as a means for becoming a superpower or a regional power,and Iran is not making any nuclear weapons.It's the most stupid thing to do,after all this denying that we are not after a bomb.The problem is,they are asking us to abandon our absolute rights,and Iran refuses to do so.Maybe now,using the nuclear energy itself is not as important as standing against their demands.
And yes,we did lots of stupid mistakes in this way and our diplomacy failed in some courses.

Some people say,Iran should leave nuclear program and invest in other renewable energies,it has more benefits economically.maybe they are right,but by doing it,we have actually bowed down to their demands which contradicts with the existence of IR and its mottos.

If we leave nuclear program,our absolute right,now,is there any gaurantee that they won't ask for something more?Do you really think the nuclear program itself,is their main problem with Iran right now?Do you think they are naive enough to think Iran will build the bomb and drop it somewhere the day after,and commiting national suicide?

If we leave nuclear program,our absolute right,now,is there any gaurantee that they won't ask for something more?Do you really think the nuclear program itself,is their main problem with Iran right now?Do you think they are naive enough to think Iran will build the bomb and drop it somewhere the day after,and commiting national suicide?

I think you underestimate the genuine concerns of some actors about Iran's nuclear program. If our intentions are 'bad' or 'good', that doesn't matter. We're living in a world where such concerns exist, and we should deal with it. Stubbornness will drag you nowhere.

I think you underestimate the genuine concerns of some actors about Iran's nuclear program. If our intentions are 'bad' or 'good', that doesn't matter. We're living in a world where such concerns exist, and we should deal with it. Stubbornness will drag you nowhere.
You mentioned stubbornness,but Iran is not the only stubborn player here.
Why didn't U.S accept Iran's proposal for direct negotiations?Why didn't they lift the embargoes after Iran halted its nuclear program completely?Why did they break their promises?
Why should it be Iran who bows down to their demands?Why can't they simply accept our right,as a NPT member,for nuclear program?Why do they close their eyes on Israel nuclear weapons?and hundreds more of these 'why' questions.
It's weird,you are more concerned about their 'concerns' than the national matters of your own country.

It's weird,you are more concerned about their 'concerns' than the national matters of your own country.

That's because I know our strength and weaknesses. We are dealing with the greatest force the world has ever seen, and they simply can force their will on us. That's not being pro-US, but realistic. We should directly negotiate with them, and be tough negotiators. I don't say we should bow down; we should simply give something in. They have to show good will, and we too.

That's because I know our strength and weaknesses. We are dealing with the greatest force the world has ever seen, and they simply can force their will on us. That's not being pro-US, but realistic. We should directly negotiate with them, and be tough negotiators. I don't say we should bow down; we should simply give something in. They have to show good will, and we too.
I'm also strongly in favor of direct talks with U.S,rather than this stupid 5+1 show off,because U.S is the main player and the strongest one.
I'm not saying we should refuse everything they ask,but both sides,should compromise equally,so it would be a win-win situation for both of us.

So you prefer Iran to close its peaceful nuclear program altogether, and assume it will be all good then? Thats very naive, sorry.

First, Iran would be limiting its independence, second - sanctions wouldnt be lifted anyway, just changed from nuclear to something else, read up:

Are Sanctions a Fatwa on Iran?

I said "It is vital but not the most important one" dear. Naive is that one scarifies the mother-land for just one aspect of development. There are countries without enrichment facilities and their independence has no problem my dear. Sanctions are for two reason 1-enrichment and 2-human rights, and the second one unfortunately is a deserved one. You know the performance of cranes! and I am sure you can make a sentence with stones and females! and freedom of Naive speakers like me!

I'm not saying we should refuse everything they ask,but both sides,should compromise equally,so it would be a win-win situation for both of us.

Of course, but do you seriously think Khamenei is waiting for an equally compromise?

Of course, but do you seriously think Khamenei is waiting for an equally compromise?
Yes,if he is assured that U.S will compromise too,he will show softness in nuclear stand off.
He has said,dozens of times,that the moment U.S acts reasonably, and treat us fairly,we are ready for a fair negotiation and a win-win deal.He is not benefitting all this pressure on Iran,and he would certainly compromise,without breaking Iran's pride.

I said "It is vital but not the most important one" dear. Naive is that one scarifies the mother-land for just one aspect of development. There are countries without enrichment facilities and their independence has no problem my dear. Sanctions are for two reason 1-enrichment and 2-human rights, and the second one unfortunately is a deserved one. You know the performance of cranes! and I am sure you can make a sentence with stones and females! and freedom of Naive speakers like me!

Let's say they have a right to put sanctions on us for human rights,the thing that annoys me,is that,why don't they put sanctions on some of their closest allies,like KSA,who have terrible human rights?

Sorry dear,but they don't give a fu(k about Iranians and human rights,just like they didn't give at Shah's time or their allies today,because their interests are being fulfilled.It is really,laughable to think they actually care about human rights.

We do have human rights and democracy problem,but only us Iranians can solve it,either by a revolution,or demanding reforms or any other way.
The last ones that I believe care about us,are the same who chant 'human right' slogans in the west.

Yes,if he is assured that U.S will compromise too,he will show softness in nuclear stand off.
He has said,dozens of times,that the moment U.S acts reasonably, and treat us fairly,we are ready for a fair negotiation and a win-win deal.He is not benefitting all this pressure on Iran,and he would certainly compromise,without breaking Iran's pride.

Oh, come on. Khamenei is not waiting for serious negotiations. That's also one of the reasons why he and Ahmadinejad have serious disagreements with each other. Ahmadinejad knows he's the main obstacle to genuine negotiations and compromise.

Did you even read the link? Its important for you to understand its NOT about nuclear program, but about independence. If not nuclear issue, it would be something else, including fake reasons. The goal is - to break Iran's spirit and install a puppet regime, nothing less. Maybe its what you prefer - golden cage, so far Iran prefers freedom, even if it comes with hardships from bullies.

I could address your other points, but they have nothing to with the issue at hand and just serve as a distraction from the main point.

That is why I said "Changing the nuclear program to a dignity issue was the most destructive action against our economy."

Please answer this question:
How other successful countries are independent without choosing enrichment as their first priority?

That is why I said "Changing the nuclear program to a dignity issue was the most destructive action against our economy."

Please answer this question:
How other successful countries are independent without choosing enrichment as their first priority?

First define independence,and bring some examples of independent countries as you mean.we can review them case by case.

This whole discussion about independence is laughable. Which independence the Iranian people have? They are being held hostage by an senile old rahbar, who forces his own personal grievances as the driving thing in Iran's policy. Iranian people aren't independent nor free.

well said!

negotiation is the only way for both Iran and USA and both side have to respect eachothers

btw the negotiation will happen after next Iranian presidency election in next year.

I disagree with you , unlike USA which president has the authority in such cases in Iran it's leader who makes decision about nuclear program not Ahmadinejad that's why Obama has sent directly some letters to him not Ahmadinejad so our next election isn't important base on this point of view but perhaps they wish something like what we witnessed in last election could happen and results change Iran's decision-makers assessment .
Besides I think American administration is reluctant to remove sanctions a key factor and demand from Iran therefore I'm skeptical about coming negotiation .

Back
Top Bottom