What's new

AH-4 155m Artillery, the best artillery for Kashmir

Hu Yao

Reaction score
Country
China
Kashmir is a beautiful place, I love the moutain view there.
kashmir.jpeg

But for now, there is some boarder issues there. Indian army always fires at Pakistan controlled Kashmir side. No need to deny that Indian Army have fire power advantages in Kashmir site. That advantage gave them the guts to fire at civilians.

Mountain side conflict in old days always depends on infantaries. Heavy tanks and SPGs are hard to motorized there. Indian seeks M777 to ensure their fire power advantages, but M777 is so expensive that even India can't buy much.

Now new choice for PAF have showed up: AHS-4 howitzer.

This is a super light weight howitzer. About 3.5-4 tons of weight, can be air lifted or towed by heavy SUV. It has a 155mm caliber which can hit 40km target with RFB-Rocket Assist ammunition.
timg.jpeg

timg2.jpeg

And nowadays, we have a new full digital variant now. My mum don't worry about my
Trajectory calculation any more.

timg3.jpeg

Conclusion:

It is lighter than other howitzers like SLWH or RUssian 2A65. Most of them are more than 6 tons. The light weight made it can be lifted by Mi-171 and other helicopters. And can be towed into moutain by smaller trucks or SUVs.
SLWH_Pegasus.jpg

5.4 ton SLWH.
300px-2A65_Msta-B.JPG

6.8 ton 2A65

And it is Cheaper and safer than Indian M777.

Last edited:
There was a talk of trials conducted for AH-4 but no authentic news after that. Some say, it was rejected, others say PA asked for modifications for the next trial.

And you want to destroy that lovely view by bringing in AH-4 in the region ? :angel:

There was a talk of trials conducted for AH-4 but no authentic news after that. Some say, it was rejected, others say PA asked for modifications for the next trial.

And you want to destroy that lovely view by bringing in AH-4 in the region ? :angel:
Best usage of weapons is to stop enemy from thinking they have advantage.

Make sure your enemy don't take the risk.

Which guns does Pakistan use in difficult terrain of Kashmir?

4 things will revolutionize PA mountain warfare:
1. The AH-4
2. GPS/Laser guided Chinese 155mm Shells
3. Mi-38
4. Synthetic Aperture Radar carrying aircraft/UAVs

A Jstars/Sentinel like aircraft from China or Turkey (ASELSAN is developing one) will be able to pinpoint enemy fortifications and rear installations up in the mountains. It will also be able to identify enemy units while they are assembling for attack. The Mi-38 is probably the best high altitude transport helicopter in the world. It has a max internal payload of 6000 kg, and has flown to a height of 28000 ft with no payload, and upto 25000 ft with a 1000kg payload (both world records). This helicopter can carry the AH-4 practically anywhere in Pakistan's north. With the GPS/Laser guided rounds China manufactures it can dig out any mountain fortification on the other side.

This would be a a revolutionary leap in capability for Pakistan's mountain warfare.

PS: such guns usually aren't used for border skirmishes, it is when real war breaks out that this gun would be brought out.

These are pictures of AH-4 or AHS-4 ?
AHS-4 is light weight, is there any performance difference between AH-4 and AHS-4 ?

View attachment 475099

But for now, there is some boarder issues there. Indian army always fires at Pakistan controlled Kashmir side. No need to deny that Indian Army have fire power advantages in Kashmir site. That advantage gave them the guts to fire at civilians.

Mountain side conflict in old days always depends on infantaries. Heavy tanks and SPGs are hard to motorized there. Indian seeks M777 to ensure their fire power advantages, but M777 is so expensive that even India can't buy much.

Now new choice for PAF have showed up: AHS-4 howitzer.

This is a super light weight howitzer. About 3.5-4 tons of weight, can be air lifted or towed by heavy SUV. It has a 155mm caliber which can hit 40km target with RFB-Rocket Assist ammunition.
View attachment 475101
View attachment 475102

And nowadays, we have a new full digital variant now. My mum don't worry about my
Trajectory calculation any more.

View attachment 475103

i think Pakistan will need after a while for now on Pakistan is loaded with towed guns .

Pakistan will need something similar if India deployed its M-777s in mountain area battlefields, because it will give them better fire power.

Back
Top Bottom