What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hope Pakistan knows what they are doing......and not going full retard.

that's hell lots of money just to kill Taliban.

Yup, not just Taliban! ;)

Does it have a micro millimeter radar?

Usually mounted on the top of the main rotor....so seems like no........also no included in the list of equipment purchased breakdown...so i am assuming no.

Usually mounted on the top of the main rotor....so seems like no........also no included in the list of equipment purchased breakdown...so i am assuming no.

It can be hung on the wing tip. And yes i am not happy about its non inclusion.

WZ10 with MMR is under testing, you will see it soon after new engine installed.

Do not go the way of the USA, people have short memories. if it means using our own money then we should go with turkey or china. Or even invest that billion in developing our own jv with china or turkey. However if these are part of fms and free then I say that's fine

"Oh no, just 15. "
It's obvious none of you know what a Zulu is.
It is literally an Apache in every way and form except combat radius.
The exact same systems are used in both helicopters.
The only difference is that Apaches are used by the Army and Super Cobra's are used by Marine Corps.
So yes, it won't be cheap.
Besides, all of you are missing the 1000 hellfires.
1 hellfire = $100,000
These hellfires can also be used on Burraq drones.

Incredibly Sensible Post. That sums up AH-1Z it is a excellent machine without the maintenance cost of Apache.

WZ10 with MMR is under testing, you will see it soon after new engine installed.
WZ10 will be tested and if procured, would form the Backbone.....i guess the PAA wants to increase the overall number of attack choppers from current 50..........split b/w anti insurgency and anti-armor role on the east.

this is going to be intresting.the is going out of the hands.the nation before couple of months depressed abd all that.suddenly chips are falling our way.

I say USA shall give half discount, cause killing Taliban is at USA's interest as well.

I will repeat again Pakistan needs to replace over 50 units of Cobras, which helicopter will replace them?
Maybe there is no need to replace them? You can just upgrade them to the zulu standard. Will be cheaper.

Not possible.
Why is it not possible? A lot of Cobras in US inventory went through the same upgrade.
H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, no big differences except nose. This is worst tiny helicopter in my opinion that Pakistan shouldn't purchase it or buy AH-64 better quality with 5000x Hellfire Missiles.
I don't know if you are trolling or what. The biggest difference is that Zulu is TWIN ENGINE. Secondly it has the exact same systems the Apache does.

This nothing but offering a very beautiful women to a very hard up man. On the surface the hard up man is blinded by the beauty, body and assets of this gorgeous woman, the man knows the assets will turn heads and give him great enjoyment in every way. He knows her weapons and class will give a big blow to the enemy and envious neighbours..........

The drawbacks with this come n the form of belligerent in laws, unreliable, argumentative and untrustworthy. The hard up man knows she may be untrustworthy her figure design and body may have been tampered with and the rishta has comes with plenty of strings attached, she may become unfaithful her serial codes compromised and tracking system in place by her father.

The alternative is reliable,honest,modest maybe not as glamourous or as advanced but homely and the inlaws are very close family friends...

You decide

1 billion would buy more than 50 z 10s. I dont understand pakistans fascination with US equipment
besides fascination we get quality too, from which our own defense industry can learn alot. What about a mixture of Viper and Z10? Makes alot of sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom