What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly these are needed now to fighter terrorism , not in 2018 it would be too late by then
If insh'Allah there is no COIN work to be done by then, PAA can station these AH-1Z along the coast line to support the Marines.

No low profile deal... Pakistan requested for Gunships before Swat Operation and US show ZERO interest. Pakistan went for Jordian AH1F. When US government and Pentagon realized that New Pakistan Command will consider Russian gunships over Cobra's because Americans not showing any interest over Pakistan Army request, they start offering 15 AH1z to Pakistan all of a sudden the day when Chinese 3 Z10 arrived. Next day Russian Ambassador talking about Mi35 deal btw Pak Russia. These Americans are *******!
I hope PAA builds a large dedicated attack helicopter fleet around the WZ-10. A considerable number (70-90) of those equipped with Hellfire-like missiles would be a huge capability boost.

When US government and Pentagon realized that Pakistan Command will consider Russian gunships over Cobra's .... when Chinese 3 Z10 arrived. Next day Russian Ambassador talking about Mi35 deal btw Pak Russia......!

Now that Pakistan has the option to buy from either China, Russia and US. So each of them try to offer us a better deal.

So the order is a go, but it's interesting how low profile this deal has been compared to the F-16s. I recall there even being a formal signing ceremony for it.

When it comes to Pakistan, they try to keep it low profile now. Otherwise, there is a huge anti-Pakistan sentiment due to Indian lobby inside the US media and even in congress.

This is foreign policy and lobbying that Pakistan has failed to learn over the past many decades. You guys used you get billions in aid.....spending $ 5-10 million on a top class lobbying firm needed to be THE highest priority. I know Zardari tried to hire a few people on and off, but that was too late, the relationship with terrorism and Pakistan had already been made very clear to the world!!

When it comes to Pakistan, they try to keep it low profile now. Otherwise, there is a huge anti-Pakistan sentiment due to Indian lobby inside the US media and even in congress.

This is foreign policy and lobbying that Pakistan has failed to learn over the past many decades. You guys used you get billions in aid.....spending $ 5-10 million on a top class lobbying firm needed to be THE highest priority. I know Zardari tried to hire a few people on and off, but that was too late, the relationship with terrorism and Pakistan had already been made very clear to the world!!
Pakistan's entire approach to the U.S needs to change. Our leaders prefer the client-patron model, but we need to transition towards maintaining a distinct and independent foreign relations policy. In turn, our defence ties with the U.S need to be commercially-oriented whereby we buy systems, and as customers, receive spare parts, maintenance support and upgrades from our income. The U.S and its commercial clients (e.g. U.K) can butt heads on a lot of issues, but the likes of U.K, Germany, etc can still buy arms from the U.S.

Not enought 15 helicopters.

Pakistan need more than 200 AH-1Z helicopters, US should offer free of charge and provide full of supports to Pakistan as part of fake major of non-NATO ally.

If no, we have other options with Russia and China please. :D

Pakistan's entire approach to the U.S needs to change. Our leaders prefer the client-patron model, but we need to transition towards maintaining a distinct and independent foreign relations policy. In turn, our defence ties with the U.S need to be commercially-oriented whereby we buy systems, and as customers, receive spare parts, maintenance support and upgrades from our income. The U.S and its commercial clients (e.g. U.K) can butt heads on a lot of issues, but the likes of U.K, Germany, etc can still buy arms from the U.S.

What the Pakistan DOES NOT realize, is that there is a culture and a way the US works with. It is, a few MEN in SUITES, sitting down, talking about sports, people, weather and all and then getting to the business. Even in that, no emotionalism and strict business. No vis-a-vis (that gives you the client feeling). LEAVE India out of the discussion and present your case directly for yourself as to you need -16's or whatever for X purpose.

The US DOES NOT like to see military gear in front of their civilian leadership as that is LOOKED DOWN UPON. Remember, in the US, the generals are NEVER doing things the Defense or Sec of State or others do. So Pakistan generals need to realize that the US is polite enough to welcome them and meet them. But they want men in blue suits who can talk about stuff that's related to business, economy, stocks and all. This is the culture Pakistan needs to adapt to show an independent foreign policy and build relationships.

Yaar I am alright of course.

What's special thing about major non-NATO ally (very special bullshitting status) to Pakistan?

What's special? Billions and billions of dollars.

2018 is three years away. I'd never say no to American tech, but the Russians seem to be offering better deals wrt delivery times and options.

3 years is a long time. A lot can happen in the meanwhile. Situations can change ... priorities and requirements may change too. I will wait till the gunships actually arrive in Pakistan and then talk about where and how they should be used.

Not enought 15 helicopters.

Pakistan need more than 200 AH-1Z helicopters, US should offer free of charge and provide full of supports to Pakistan as part of fake major of non-NATO ally.

If no, we have other options with Russia and China please. :D

ye Diecast model nahe day rahay asal hain.. petroool say chalnay walay octane walay sachi.... :lol:

I have always had enormous respect for America. A nation with such power deserves respect. Now I have to admit Pakistan has such a bad image in USA that I would even call it "phobia". I think part of the reason is Pakistan's failure to adjust to Isreal. However now the huge Indian diaspora in USA is making itself felt. It has now penetrated into US media and from that podium it effectively has destroyed Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom