What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus the Super Cobras have not been in real war vs real enemy anyways
yea?

as far as I know Turks deployed them against PKK and the US marines have videos uploaded flying them in Afghanistan and Iraq

But its not like that they went up against enemy that had anti aircraft guns or Missiles someone like Russia or France or UK etc the foes these helicopters were used against were quite limited in their abilities

I just find that close to 1 Billion Dollars for Super Cobras , is a hefty amount for 15 or so units

I billion we should have received at least 40 Helicopters fully equipped with 5,000 missiles

Last edited:
Plus the Super Cobras have not been in real war vs real enemy anyways

USA

Turkiye

But its not like that they went up against enemy that had anti aircraft guns or Missiles someone like Russia or France or UK etc the foes these helicopters were used against were quite limited in their abilities

I just find that close to 1 Billion Dollars for Super Cobras , is a hefty amount for 15 or so units

Operating gunships on dangerous zones which is protected by radars and surface to air missiles are not a realistic and rationalist military move since Gunships are an easy target for such missiles even If they have electronic warfare systems onboard so Firstly the radars and missile batteries are cleaned by airforce, Then gunships supporting land armoured/infantry troops, takes action in battlefield.

Last edited:
No they had Bell , back in Vietnam war

Bell-UH-1H-Iroquois-%28Huey%29_P1.jpg

I billion we should have received at least 40 Helicopters fully equipped with 5,000 missiles

$952 million for AH1-Z with associated equipment.
  1. 32 T-700 GE 401C Engines (30 installed and 2 spares)
  2. 1000 AGM-114 R Hellfire II Missiles in containers
  3. 36 H-1 Technical Refresh Mission computers
  4. 17 AN/AAQ-30 Target Sight Systems
  5. 30 629F-23 Ultra High Frequency/Very High Frequency Communication Systems
  6. 19 H-764 Embedded Global Positioning System/Inertial Navigation Systems
  7. 32 Helmet Mounted Display/Optimised Top Owl
  8. 17 APX-117A Identification Friend or Foe
  9. 17 AN/AAR-47 Missile Warning Systems
  10. 17 AN/ALE-47 Countermeasure Dispenser Sets
  11. 18 AN/APR-39C(V)2 Radar Warning Receivers
  12. 15 Joint Mission Planning Systems
  13. 17 M197 20mm Gun Systems.
The south Koreans were offered 36 , plus associated equipment for 2.6 billion dollars .

1.5 bil was a deal for 2 mistral class lpd from france for russia huge shipe 50 mill extra out of 1 bil and what u get 15 supercobra

I personally against super cobra purchase

nice I didn't even this existed

but if it's mounted that low and not above the rotor then it can't hide and see and pop to kill it target then pop back down??

battle tested and proven. i wouldn't say it's leagues apart of other attack helicopters. guess it comes down price and preference.

Hi Pete, I asked the US army Apache pilots about this exact thing, and they said that shouldn't be a problem, and that in the Viper's case they would just be exposing a hard point, locking target and releasing ordinance. I asked him what he though of the Viper as a comparison to the Apache, he said it is every bit the Apache's equal, just faster! But did stress the roles they play.He said the USMC pilots were some lucky guys to be getting the machine. He also knew about Pakistan's order.

40 helicopters+5,000 missiles for only $1 billion :eek:

40 super cobras=$30 mil a pop so right there that's $1.2 billion, 5,000 hellfires=$650 million so that's $1.850 billion and this isn't including spare engines and other stuff and what ever else would go along with the deal.

you would be looking at $2 to $2.5 billion which isn't really all that bad considering what you are getting

unless you are talking Russian,Chinese, or the Turkish attack helicopters then I can see you probably for the same kinda package $1 billion for the Russian Helicopter since I think the Mi-28N is half the price of the Viper and the Ataka-V is a third the price of a Hellfire II-R, Chinese would probably be $1.5 billion, and the Turkish around the same the Viper maybe a tad cheaper overall $1.8 billion to$ 2. billion

40 helicopters+5,000 missiles for only $1 billion :eek:

40 super cobras=$30 mil a pop so right there that's $1.2 billion, 5,000 hellfires=$650 million so that's $1.850 billion and this isn't including spare engines and other stuff and what ever else would go along with the deal.

you would be looking at $2 to $2.5 billion which isn't really all that bad considering what you are getting

unless you are talking Russian,Chinese, or the Turkish attack helicopters then I can see you probably for the same kinda package $1 billion for the Russian Helicopter since I think the Mi-28N is half the price of the Viper and the Ataka-V is a third the price of a Hellfire II-R, Chinese would probably be $1.5 billion, and the Turkish around the same the Viper maybe a tad cheaper overall $1.8 billion to$ 2. billion
we are recieving 1000 hellfire and 15 Vipers for 952 M USD
t

we are recieving 1000 hellfire and 15 Vipers for 952 M USD
t

that's not a bad deal.

15x30=$450 million 1000x100,000=$100 million so $550 million what the other $400 goes on I wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom