What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018....i dont think army has plans to take war on terror that long...

I have always had enormous respect for America. A nation with such power deserves respect. Now I have to admit Pakistan has such a bad image in USA that I would even call it "phobia". I think part of the reason is Pakistan's failure to adjust to Isreal. However now the huge Indian diaspora in USA is making itself felt. It has now penetrated into US media and from that podium it effectively has destroyed Pakistan.

Two things did great damage to Pakistan's image in USA: where OBL was found, and the attempt to blow up Times Square by the son of an Air Vice-Marshal.

I have always had enormous respect for America. A nation with such power deserves respect. Now I have to admit Pakistan has such a bad image in USA that I would even call it "phobia". I think part of the reason is Pakistan's failure to adjust to Isreal. However now the huge Indian diaspora in USA is making itself felt. It has now penetrated into US media and from that podium it effectively has destroyed Pakistan.
Israel is not the main concern imo (But still an important issue that we should address by now).

It is the failure of many OP (overseas Pakistanis) to represent the nation in a positive light.

I do my part outside Pakistan. My interactions with different nationalities have always left a positive image of me and the country I represent.

I personally think the WZ-10 and Mi-35s will make a better combination. But there is talk of Mi-28NEs which looks interesting too.

Am sorry but these babies were never meant for waziristan....For NWA the army has developed a two pronged strategy that is using Mi-35 for COIN ops and WZ-10 the workhorse of PA Aviation.AH-1Z was meant for our eastern border just in case our neighbor wants to play smart

Isn't India offering a tender for short range air defense systems? 800 launchers and 5,000 missiles....against 19 AH-1Zs...I think they should be used in Waziristan instead. What say you?

I personally think the WZ-10 and Mi-35s will make a better combination. But there is talk of Mi-28NEs which looks interesting too.
We need good armor busters, 3 years is long time hope that relation ship may not go cold and this may not become F16 story of 90s where they offered us edible oil for our money after deducting the storage charge for the lanes Pakistan never got. To long, not serious, causes delay and money is stuck so cannot buy from somewhere else. Do not like the time frame.

If PD is truly interests in MI28, then PD should go for MI28 over WZ10, but then lets see what happens.

Hi,

No it is not for that reason---it is for the reason that Kiyani kept his mouth shut after the OBL raid----. That fool did not realize what that would do the image of Pakistan.

The only thing he needed to speak was the truth---that this operation was done with the permission and association with Pakistan military---but he was scared of the al Qaeda---. Kiyani the coward---saved his skin to destroy the reputation of Pakistan.

Last edited:
Hi,

No it is not for that reason---it is for the reason that Kiyani kept his mouth shut after the OBL raid----. That fool did not realize what that would do the image of Pakistan.

The only thing he needed to speak was the truth---that this operation was done with the permission and association with Pakistan military---but he was scared of the al Qaeda---. Kiyani the coward---saved his skin to destroy the reputation of Pakistan.
i beg to disagree......

Hi,

I have been telling them for a long time---let the car salesman do the car deal---leave the generals out of it---but they don't understand---they don't want to listen---.

Precisely why I support the current government in the current situation of Pakistan. Let the Car salesman do the damn DEAL!!!! Don't do sit-ins, don't throw violent fights on the media, and PLEASE DON'T use these blogs and sites to show hate towards America. Its your rulers who haven't done jack in 70 years, not America. The US wasn't the founder of Pakistan, but America has been there in some capacity to help Pakistan for the past 70 years...!

All comments from the above post MK wrote, mean one thing, Pakistan's REPUTATION. When there is lesser, or no open hate being shown on forums like this and on TV, and other mediums, when there are issues with elections, BUT they are repeatedly fought in courts and in parliaments, the image of a country becomes softer (take a look at how Americans perceive Turkey or Malaysia or Indonesia). That's how Pakistan should be perceived too.

Sad part is, Pakistan has a LOT more talented population than any Islamic country or majority of the countries in the world, it is at a super strategic place on the world map and it has humungous economic growth potential.......but it lacks in marketing.

The people of Pakistan do not want to learn diplomacy. Majority of Indians hate the US for many reasons. But will anyone say it on here or anywhere else? Hell No!!! Because they understand what the US is doing for them and they don't want to say something wrong about it and market India in bad taste, or show negativity.

Again, let the Car salesmen running the show in suits, do the deal. The country grows and the whole nation benefits. The West in particular does NOT like to sit with generals in Army or civilian uniform as they look at people in Army fatigues as pure "Service Men" hired to do their job. Its not the West's issue that the military is given a much higher status in Pakistan, without a reason. They want civilian people, talk civilian business and be salesmen. Everyone walks away happily, be it Pakistanis or the Americans!!!! So PLEASE, try to build a better image of your country and support the system. If the system is sent home by the court order, that is ABSOLUELY fine. But don't do violence, military coupes, sit-ins, threats to other politicians, negativity towards the Americans, or others, etc., etc.

Its time Pakistani nation focused on some marketing, some courteous business tactics where you can bite the tongue before saying anything negative. And just show courtesy to others.

How does this sentence sound? " I hate freaking Pakistan"?? and how does this sound? "I like Pakistan, the people are great, talented and have the potential. But the country has a huge intolerance issue to fix"?

I pretty much said the same thing in both the sentences, but the second one sounds very polite, respectful and still delivers the message without pissing anyone off. Again, create a better image for yourself. Not for Americans only, but for the globe!!

o it is not for that reason---it is for the reason that Kiyani kept his mouth shut after the OBL raid----. That fool did not realize what that would do the image of Pakistan.

I agree with the above 100%. Both Kiyani and Zardari needed to come out the SAME day and announce that the Pak Army was involved. In fact, they should've asked Obama to mention Pakistan's efforts in helping the US, so that Pakistan can get rid of some bad press. Again, BAD examples of fools in Pakistan, who don't know jack about diplomacy, democracy and the power of negotiations.

Generals are not the answer to Pakistan's issues, the civilian salesmen are. Generals are respectable people due to their sacrifice for the country, but that doesn't mean the world loves them just as much. This is the MAIN point that if Pakistani nation can understand, you'll compete with India in diplomacy.

Hi,

Well they think the procurement is much faster when they do it directly and no funds go where they are not needed.

@Viper0011.

Sir, you have worded your point of view to near perfection. Please accept my appreciation on expressing the core problem of our image in the west so succinctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom