What's new

Agni-V missile to be tested this Wednesday

Such missile tests are meant to send political signals.

Missile tests are carried out at night only to check how the end user is able to launch and only when other parameters are all verified.

The very first test cannot be a night test.

If still a night test happens, then very likely India has quietly tested this missile earlier and today is only a parameter verification test.

yeah, they are indeed confident then. But testing 5000km missile quietly is not possible since presence of US navy and other Navy's of the world in Indian ocean. News would have came out.

But I remember some senior scientist saying that success of Agni 4 will deliver the success of Agni 5.

yeah, they are indeed confident then. But testing 5000km missile quietly is not possible since presence of US navy and other Navy's of the world in Indian ocean. News would have came out.

But I remember some senior scientist saying that success of Agni 4 will deliver the success of Agni 5.

We cant say for sure, anything can happen. Though lot of cooperation will be required to test a 5000 km missile without declaring in media.

We cant say for sure, anything can happen. Though lot of cooperation will be required to test a 5000 km missile without declaring in media.

They can simply lie (call it prithvi missile test) no one really care because of so many tests ....

They can simply lie (call it prithvi missile test) no one really care because of so many tests ....

You cannot test a 5000 kms missile without issuing warnings to countries, shipping cos and hell lot many parties who need to be informed.

yeah even I doubt about the timings. they might launch earlier if all the invited guests reach on time :P

Dude if we can test quietly K4 successfully, A 5 is not a big deal.

You cannot test a 5000 kms missile without issuing warnings to countries, shipping cos and hell lot many parties who need to be informed.

I was just thinking of the same. You cannot simply launch a missile. A lot of things would be involved. You do not want countries getting spooked.

I am curious as to what is the exact protocol. Does the missile fly only above water (international)? Is there an altitude ceiling above which its not considered national airspace and becomes international airspace?

I cannot think of any other way to test a 5000 km range missile. Leave alone those in excess - 8,000, 10,000, 15,000 etc.

I was just thinking of the same. You cannot simply launch a missile. A lot of things would be involved. You do not want countries getting spooked.

I am curious as to what is the exact protocol. Does the missile fly only above water (international)? Is there an altitude ceiling above which its not considered national airspace and becomes international airspace?

I cannot think of any other way to test a 5000 km range missile. Leave alone those in excess - 8,000, 10,000, 15,000 etc.

No idea on the protocol...maybe someone can share with us on the exact details.

By international law we have to inform before any such test as everyone using the sea lanes will have to be informed.

Dude if we can test quietly K4 successfully, A 5 is not a big deal.

no missile launch can be kept secret only pre-launch activities can be covert.

By international law we have to inform before any such test as everyone using the sea lanes will have to be informed.

that's one rule to follow. But Long range missiles even if tested covertly, cannot be hidden.

100 % agreed, but launch can be mask under other existing platform. Isn't it?

you have to fool the Ballistic Missile Early Warning System of spectator countries to hide your launch. But through trajectory, velocity, they can differentiate between a launch vehicle and an ICBM.
Russian tested their Bulava Missile covertly which exploded over Norway, was detected by american ships in that region.

Its already past 2...did they carry out the test?
Any updates? why r they taking so much time...

What is the time of launching ??

Hindustan times writes it`ll be any time after noon.... any body knows the actual time?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom