What's new

Agni V Discussions

ASAT part is OK but people has doubt about China's ABM claim. Specially neither it was IRBM nor at mid course as claimed. ABM is much much difficult than ASAT. We have video of Indian ABM destroying missile at 75 km altitude.

Well, even US did acknowledge our midcourse ABM, usually they prefer to underestimate China's overall capability.

China did perfectly score on its groundbased midcourse ABM test back in January 2010, while US just embarassed themselves in the following month in front of the public.

China 'successfully tests missile interceptor' | World news | guardian.co.uk

US Missile Defense Test Fails - Slashdot

In less then 24 hours this thread have recived

52 pages of discussion
Replies: 765
Views: 36,546

I think this is a record :D

Well, even US did acknowledge our midcourse ABM, usually they prefer to underestimate China's overall capability.

China did perfectly score on its groundbased midcourse ABM test back in January 2010, while US just embarassed themselves in the following month in front of the public.

OK mate but that news does not put anything new other than that ' ' mark, which means they have doubt in the claims. US is far far ahead of others in ABM or ASAT. So no comparisons. Few failures are nothing.

what is the name of this missile??is china's ABM shield operational???

OK mate but that news does not put anything new other than that ' ' mark, which means they have doubt in the claims. US is far far ahead of others on ABM or ASAT. So no comparisons. Few failures are nothing.

Even KKV is still relatively immature technology, only two nations got it, let alone something like MKV.

US is also in the exploration stage of this technology, there is no such thing that they are much more advanced.

Not mentioning that their groundbased midcourse tests (the only way to shoot down the ICBMs) went really disappointing in recent years compared to China's.

what is the name of this missile??is china's ABM shield operational???

Currently, China has acquired and is license-producing the S-300PMU-2/S-300PMU-1 series of terminal ABM-capable SAMs. China produces the indigenous HQ-9 SAM system[14] possessing possible terminal ABM capabilities respectively. PRC Navy's currently operating modern air-defense destroyers known as the Type 052C Destroyer and Type 051C Destroyer are armed with naval HHQ-9 missiles

this from wikipedia but i am not sure if they have really deployed or have mastered their own system.

Currently, China has acquired and is license-producing the S-300PMU-2/S-300PMU-1 series of terminal ABM-capable SAMs. China produces the indigenous HQ-9 SAM system[14] possessing possible terminal ABM capabilities respectively. PRC Navy's currently operating modern air-defense destroyers known as the Type 052C Destroyer and Type 051C Destroyer are armed with naval HHQ-9 missiles

this from wikipedia but i am not sure if they have really deployed or have mastered their own system.

These are just SAMs for the anti-aircraft system, we did deploy our groundbased ABM system to tackle against the ICBMs.

blah blah blah. Chinese are not happy today. I think Pakistanis have been kind of cool. Love them.

i knew that..but they are sams..any dedicated ABM shield??

These are just SAMs for the anti-aircraft system, we did deploy our groundbased ABM system to tackle against the ICBMs.

can you post some link..i couldn't find any,except one you already provided..

Yeah, we do have it, but it can use to tackle against a small number of ICBMs, but against a large number, i don't think so that we are ready yet.

ground based terminal ABM systems can never intercept ICBMs due to their speeds..

We use the groundbased midcourse, not terminal.

Yeah, we do have it, but it can use to tackle against a small number of ICBMs, but against a large number, i don't think so that we are ready yet.

We use the groundbased midcourse, not terminal.

yup...me too think so.they only conducted one test.but after that,no news on that.

but yes,china has some SAMs which can fill terminal ABMs role.

anyway, AD-1 and AD-2 of india may be aimed for mid course interception,as they are built to counter ICBM.

yup...me too think so.they only conducted one test.but after that,no news on that.

but yes,china has some SAMs which can fill terminal ABMs role.

anyway, AD-1 and AD-2 of india may be aimed for mid course interception,as they are built to counter ICBM.

The only tests open to the public so far, one anti-satellite test in 2007 and two anti-ICBM tests in 2010.

US surely knows how many secret tests we have done so far, but they won't acknowledge it unless we openly declare it.

well I posted that because the article spoke about kinetic kill vehicle.
there is no such missile which can be listed under ABM. But yes Asat capabilities is something which they posses.

Back
Top Bottom