What's new

Agni-II Prime test fired successfully off Orissa coast.

^^^ as the range of the missile increases so does the CEP thats with any IRBM/ICBM but with better guidance and navigation systems the CEP will be better compared to other missiles of its class which is why the MK5 and MK6 warheads with high yield will make the Agni IV even deadlier because its basically a high yield warhead with a low CEP

^^^ as the range of the missile increases so does the CEP thats with any IRBM/ICBM but with better guidance and navigation systems the CEP will be better compared to other missiles of its class which is why the MK5 and MK6 warheads with high yield will make the Agni IV even deadlier because its basically a high yield warhead with a low CEP

I was exactly making the same point... but what you said may not be correct with the other agni missile with vintage 90s tech... for those missiles, decreasing the payload to increase range game would not work out that favorably

I was exactly making the same point... but what you said may not be correct with the other agni missile with vintage 90s tech... for those missiles, decreasing the payload to increase range game would not work out that favorably

yeah i meant that the Agni 3 missiles and beyond along with the Shaurya and K missiles will be able to utilize the MK4 RV's and beyond however the vintage 1990's RV is not as advanced as the newer and lighter ones they are taken from the original Agni-TD which was test fired in 1989

notice the difference in RV's the original Agni-TD from the 1980's

Agni-TD.jpg

Agni 1

Agni-1_1.jpg

Agni-1_4.jpg

Agni 2

Agni-2_4.jpg

now here is where the new RV technology is visible the lighter and more advanced RV of the Agni 3 compared to the Agni 1 and 2

Agni-3_3.jpg

Agni-3_2.jpg

and the Agni IV RV is similar looking to the Agni 3 RV i do not know however if they are the same ones

Agni-2plus_1.jpg

its good to see how the RV technology along with the technology used in the entire missile alone has progressed :)

I guess we need not to disappoint India by not testing any eqvivalent missile from our side.....:)

you dont have to test coz u take it from china and north korea , already tested ,so why use ur brains or waste time behind it.:azn:

Finally a success after 4 continues failures of Agni-II and Agni-IIP.

item-5097_1_large.jpg

see these guys dont know failures coz they never invent or use brains coz chinese and north koreans are ready to help them out with their missiles . so mate u dont knowwhat a failure is. courtsey ur friends.

The Range is same as of Shaeen 2 of Pakistan when will India Test Agni 3 with the range of 4500 KM ?

The Range is same as of Shaeen 2 of Pakistan when will India Test Agni 3 with the range of 4500 KM ?

Agni-I Medium range ballistic missile, 700 – 1200 km range. - inducted
Agni-II intermediate range ballistic missile, 2,000- 2,500 km range. -inducted
Agni-III intermediate range ballistic missile, 3,000 - 5,500 km range. -inducted
Agni-IV intermediate range ballistic missile, 2,500- 3,500 km range - Testing in progress-First successful test yesterday
Agni-V intercontinental ballistic missile, 5,000 km range (under development) - To be tested possibly in Dec 2011

cant resist the itch to troll huh ?

excerpt from wiki :
Shaheen-II was successfully test fired for the first time on March 9, 2004. At that time, the National Engineering and Science Commission (NESCOM) chairman Samar Mubarakmand stated that the missile was a two-stage rocket with diameter of 1.4 m, length of 17.5 m, weight of 25 tons and a range of 2,500 km.

In February 2001 it was reported by Pakistan's Jang newspaper that the range of Shaheen II had been increased from 2,500 km to 3,500 km.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaheen-II

It's range is 2500 km and not 3500km as in this case...

And, plz don't even get me started with the guidance system....

ps : chinese people atleast do homework before trolling by keeping some handy links ready but u guys are just n00bs in this field also..

excerpt from wiki :

Shaheen-II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ps : chinese people atleast do homework before trolling by keeping some handy links ready but u guys are just n00bs in this field also..

Whats your point? Ever heard about "Medium Range Ballistic Missiles"? FYI both of them fall into MRBM category...

Now just relax....Itna arrogance aur gussa acha nae...

Wow.. Great.. Congrats DRDO... Well, the best thing is it weighs 17 tons whereas Agni 3 weighs something around 48 tons i guess...

You know , Its actually quite great

Agni IV will replace both the Agni 2 and could actually replace the Agni III , if we want to target upto 4000 Km coz
Our Standard 200 KT Nuclear warhead weighs only 500 Kg

I once read an article in an Australian Defense Journal in 2006 ,
It was in print a month after the first Launch of Agni III Missile , it was an op-ed by an Australian General , who claimed that , India was Hiding the actual range of Agni III AND the missile could reach 8000 Km and hit Canberra and Sidney with a Payload of 180 Kg , which is the size of the Basic Indian 15 KT fission based warhead

Is it a new tendency, to lie and then try to proof on that lie? Posting BS is not the way to troll anyway! :lol: Range of Shaheen-2 is 2000 km and this missile has 3000-3500 km range. Above all technology is totally different.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

excerpt from wiki :

Shaheen-II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mate it is 2000 km not 2500. also payload is much less.

Actually I having some basic silly questions abt missiles and warheads. If possible give answers

Where we keeping warheads in missiles?(I think somewhere in middle)
It is inside the reentry vehicle, top of the missile.

What is triggering factor to deploy warheads when approaching the target?(I think triggering factor won't be heat in this article it clearly stated on reentry of missile it reaches 3000 degree Celsius)
Most o the missiles has sophisticated fuse to trigger the warhead but it varies missile to missiles.

Is there is any possibilities to balst in the middle of the way becoz it attains 3000 degree Celsius with mach speed
No. The missiles are designed with special materials to withstand such enormous heat. but accidents can happen.

Shaeen 2 Range is 2500 to 3500 KM and work on Shaheen 3 is also going on along side with Taimur ICBM

Back
Top Bottom