What's new

Agni-II Prime test fired successfully off Orissa coast.

Agni-IV better than Pakistan’s missile, among world’s best’
Published November 16, 2011
SOURCE: IANS

The Agni-IV, India’s latest strategic nuclear-capable missile, is among the world’s best and better than that of Pakistan’s missiles, VK Saraswat head of its developer, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), said here on Wednesday.

“I have no doubt that Agni-IV compares with what is available in its class of missiles like the Pershing (US medium range ballistic missile),” Saraswat said at a press conference when asked if India can now say itsmissile technology is superior to that of Pakistan.

“If I am comparing Agni-IV with Pershing-I or Pershing-II missiles in terms of technology…I am talking in terms of technology, not in terms of range, as Pershing missiles have higher range…it meets global standards,” he said, to stress the point.

“Whether our missiles vis-a-vis our adversaries, it meets the Pershing standards or not, that you have to find out,” he said in response to a comparison withPakistan’s ballistic missile programme. “As far as I am concerned, we have state-of-the-art ballistic missiles,” he added.

Agni-IV, a 3,500-km range strategic missile, was successfully tested by India Tuesday.

Pakistan’s ballistic missile programme has Gauri and Shaheen medium range and intermediate range ballistic missiles in its arsenal. It is believed that Pakistan’s missile programme borrowed heavily from China and North Korea to build its technology, particular for long-range missiles.

Wat about Agni V , with 5000km range and 17.5-metre tall.......... when its going to be tested? :coffee:

Indians are comparing Agni-4 with Pershing I.

Here are the comparison,

Pershing I__10 meters' long/5000KM/developed in the 60s.
Agni-4_____20 meter's long/3500KM/developed Fifty years later.

And Indian believe it's state-of-the-art technology.

Here are the comparison,

your comparison is like ,,,,FC 1 developed in 2003 is still inferior to 1974 developed F16

get real man...

Here are the comparison,

What to do US is decades ahead of us......

Even Minuteman 1................. 1962

Minuteman 2 ........................1965

Minuteman 3..........................1970

:no:

Here are the comparison,

your comparison is like ,,,,FC 1 developed in 2003 is still inferior to 1974 developed F16

get real man...

That's why we just say JF-17 is a third generation fighter. We didn't say it's state-of-the-art aircraft like F22 or J20.

to compare with Shaheen-II, gauri 2

agni 4:range 3500, payload 800kg, wt 17 ton, ht 20m dia 1m solid fuel

Shaheen 2:range 3500, payload 750kg, wt 25 ton, ht 17.5m dia 1.4m, soliid fuel

gauri 2:range 2500, payload 750kg, wt 17.8 ton, ht 18m, dia 1.35m,liquid fuel

That's why we just say JF-17 is a third generation fighter. We didn't say it's state-of-the-art aircraft.

dont say it aloud my friend , pak brothers will be heart broken..

btw did you do any research on Pershing missiles ?

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Here are the comparison,

It doesnt mean it has the same range its the same tech come on.just trying to find a way to troll.accuracy is important.we dont need long ranged yet.we have more accurate missiles than you

Back
Top Bottom