What's new

Agni-5 can target our Harbin city: Chinese daily

well that is a thing of past... its better to focus on economic development of the country than on some disputed area... because whatever is the line of control today is going to be forever because both country cant afford war with each other....

More hot air from both sides. The fact of the matter is that all China and India have to do is to nuke their respective fertile agricultural basins with dirty fission weapons to put a serious dent on their rich civilizations for centuries to come. The eventual famines would be insurmountable and would probably knock a billion or so of their population count. Cynics would say that you'd be doing humanity a favor.

Targeting remote areas that no one gives a isht about and hyping it up is just another d!ck measuring contest that serves no purpose except fueling internet warriors and their online verbal diarrhea.

More hot air from both sides. The fact of the matter is that all China and India have to do is to nuke their respective fertile agricultural basins with dirty fission weapons to put a serious dent on their rich civilizations for centuries to come. The eventual famines would be insurmountable and would probably knock a billion or so of their population count. Cynics would say that you'd be doing humanity a favor.

Targeting remote areas that no one gives a isht about and hyping it up is just another d!ck measuring contest that serves no purpose except fueling internet warriors and their online verbal diarrhea.

china see these problems so clearly,we know exactly who is prime culprit of all these issues.there is reason peacefully asia turn into tinderbox over night,that's why we always be patient about boundary disputes and prepare for the real threat to come

Last edited:
....with all due repect,india better pray “mcmahon” issue will be solved before china abandon the negotiations .with current “muscle”, china won't endure three years of "forward policy" before she begin to resist

I'm confused by your post - are you referring to the past, that short piece of old s**t high up on the Himalayas ?

If you're talking present then:
Calm down - India doesn't need to "pray" and China will keep "muscle" to itself.
Everyone saves $$$$$, Win-Win.

BTW, that guy McMahon must be flipping in his grave....the Indians didn't even build a statute, shrine or temple for him :rolleyes:

1. Like I said before, range depends on number of factors, not just the weight of the payload.

1. 50% reduction in payload doubles the range.

2. Fuel

3. Weight of the missile. Use of composite materials for most of the stages can reduce the weight of the missile, but it would be loaded with same amount of fuel and the required number of warheads.

4. Don't forget that India has sent 4 stage PSLV rockets to place satellites as far as moon. Range and Payload can never be a problem.

5. Agni III and Agni V ICBMs just require 3 stages to reach all corners of the world with sufficient payload.

Agni III with a 3rd stage upper motor can carry a heavy payload.

6. Re-entry vehicle technology is important for Ballistic missiles and India has it for a while now !!

Right now India is working on MIRVs for Agni III ICBM variants. Whenever we hear about Agni II testing, we can surmise that Agni III ICBM variant testing is going on !!

and by the way the link provided is for missile tech experts, who want to learn more about ICBMs, not for kids

Last edited:
1. Like I said before, range depends on number of factors, not just the weight of the payload.

1. 50% reduction in payload doubles the range.

2. Fuel

3. Weight of the missile. Use of composite materials for most of the stages can reduce the weight of the missile, but it would be loaded with same amount of fuel and the required number of warheads.

4. Don't forget that India has sent 4 stage PSLV rockets to place satellites as far as moon. Range and Payload can never be a problem.

5. Agni III and Agni V ICBMs just require 3 stages to reach all corners of the world with sufficient payload.

Agni III with a 3rd stage upper motor can carry a heavy payload.

6. Re-entry vehicle technology is important for Ballistic missiles and India has it for a while now !!

Right now India is working on MIRVs for Agni III ICBM variants. Whenever we hear about Agni II testing, we can surmise that Agni III ICBM variant testing is going on !!

and by the way the link provided is for missile tech experts, who want to learn more about ICBMs, not for kids

Wow.... You are really ignorant!

Jana, thanks for the very important info. u saved me 2 seconds opening the link and 5 mins to actually read it--i'm sure i would stop reading it after 5 mins.

Is this graph drawed by some fanboy?
if Agni III has a range 6000km with 1400kg payload according to the above graph, i then failed to understand why india is trying so hard to develop Agni V with 5000km range?

and it doesn't need rocket science to debunk 'half payload double range' BS, just take a car as example, u can drive a car with another person up to say 500km without refuel but that doesn't mean u can drive 1000km without refueling if u drive the car alone.

What are you? Rocket scientist ?

What makes you thing this is a simple drawing ? Do you even know what an Elbow Chart is? Do you know what is "payload function",
"useful load function" ,"maximum zero-fuel weight (MZFW)", " operating empty weight (OEW)", "maximum take-off weight (MTOW)" ?.

With your knowledge of course you will always fail to understand about rockets.

Good luck, study well and do homework before throwing crap.

Now answering why india is trying hard for the 5000Km AgniV is to achieve Range of maximum payload and not payload of maximum range. It would be good enough for us to take a reasonable sized warhead to any place in china which is our only and serious threat.

Also mind that we have no ambitions or plans to develop 10000 Km range missiles with max payload.

Last edited:
What makes you thing this is a simple drawing ? Do you even know what an Elbow Chart is? Do you know what is "payload function",
"useful load function" ,"maximum zero-fuel weight (MZFW)", " operating empty weight (OEW)", "maximum take-off weight (MTOW)" ?.
Please explain those terms.

Wow.... You are really ignorant!

buddy, i never thought here has a 10 years old solider :rofl:
car example not worked:angry:. i'm running out of ideas, perhaps only teddy bear kinda stuff can make our young solider understand. but i found it's very hard to connect 'payload' with teddy bear element. i rest my case for him.

What are you? Rocket scientist ?

no, i'm not rocket scientist. in fact i'm not even a scientist.

indiatech said:
What makes you thing this is a simple drawing ?
i raised my doubt in previous post--"if Agni III has a range 6000km with 1400kg payload according to the above graph, i then failed to understand why india is trying so hard to develop Agni V with 5000km range?"
and the graph also showed Agni III has a range 18000km with 400kg payload :rofl:
can i assume if a payload is 1kg or 0.1kg(abt a weight of an india flag), Agni II can deliver the payload to moon?

Do you even know what an Elbow Chart is? Do you know what is "payload function",

no, i don't. pls enlighten me what they are. preferably in a layman term simple like the car example.

With your knowledge of course you will always fail to understand about rockets.

Good luck, study well and do homework before throwing crap.

Now answering why india is trying hard for the 5000Km AgniV is to achieve Range of maximum payload and not payload of maximum range. It would be good enough for us to take a reasonable sized warhead to any place in china which is our only and serious threat.

Also mind that we have no ambitions or plans to develop 10000 Km range missiles with max payload.

care to enlighten me what's maximum payload here in terms of kg if you believe Agni III has a range of 6000km with 1400kg payload?
if your desired super maximum payload is 14000kg, cannot you just fire 10 Agni III to get the job done?

Last edited:
i raised my doubt in previous post--"if Agni III has a range 6000km with 1400kg payload according to the above graph, i then failed to understand why india is trying so hard to develop Agni V with 5000km range?"

*Note: The graph is for Agni III with just 2 stages.

Simple !!

Agni III range vs payload with a 3rd stage upper motor

4000 km @ 3000 kg

8000 km @ 1500 kg

16,000 km @ 750 kg

I already mentioned why India needs Agni V in one of my previous comments, but unfortunately people overlooked it conveniently !!

as you can see, even with a 3rd stage, Agni III can carry just 750 kg to reach 16,000 km.

Agni V would be derived from Agni III but more composite materials will be used. The purpose of Agni V is to carry more payload at 16,000 km and of course the payload at 4000 km is also going to increase !!

India's threat cannot just be a two sum game. In other words, India cannot just worry about China and Pakistan. India does not want to be pushed around for wrong reasons. In 1971 war, the US threatened India by sending a nuclear powered aircraft carrier group, to prevent dismemberment of Pakistan.

I do understand that it is harder for laymen bloggers to understand missile tech. Well, I don't expect that to happen after seeing the pathetic replies I got.

The seed has been sown !! It is never the same again !!

Last edited:

*Note: The graph is for Agni III with just 2 stages.

Simple !!

Agni III range vs payload with a 3rd stage upper motor

4000 km @ 3000 kg

8000 km @ 1500 kg

16,000 km @ 750 kg

I already mentioned why India needs Agni V in one of my previous comments, but unfortunately people overlooked it conveniently !!

as you can see, even with a 3rd stage, Agni III can carry just 750 kg to reach 16,000 km.

Agni V would be derived from Agni III but more composite materials will be used. The purpose of Agni V is to carry more payload at 16,000 km and of course the payload at 4000 km is also going to increase !!

India's threat cannot just be a two sum game. In other words, India cannot just worry about China and Pakistan. India does not want to be pushed around for wrong reasons. In 1971 war, the US threatened India by sending a nuclear powered aircraft carrier group, to prevent dismemberment of Pakistan.

I do understand that it is harder for laymen bloggers to understand missile tech. Well, I don't expect that to happen after seeing the pathetic replies I got.

The seed has been sown !! It is never the same again !!

Wow, I see that Agni 3 is actually a ICBM! Welcome India to join the ICBM club

Wow, I see that Agni 3 is actually a ICBM! Welcome India to join the ICBM club

NoT Really.
ICBMS in general are referred to Nuke Capabale Missiles and Delivering Nuclear Warheads.
Since to the best of My Knowledge Indian Nukes weigh 1000Kg+ The Missile doesn't have that range with this payload.

your land is even behind an illegal border?if wasn't three years of natural disasters ,that war should've started in 1959。

As I told you before, both of us read different history books; hence, let our leaders to negotiate on border issue.

Anyhow, now their is no natural disaster in China :devil: so what you are going to do now? :wave:

Back
Top Bottom