What's new

Agni-5 can target our Harbin city: Chinese daily

India has initiated war against Pak, China, Nepal, Sikkim, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka multiple times in the last 60+ years. :woot:

Don't cry kid. It serves no purpose. Here are my few words:
(1) Sikkim is a part of India.
(2) Apart from one war with China and several with Pakistan, please let us know other countries with whom India had a war.

I can only say "Trolling is injurious to health"...

and anyways china has threat from US .... in the near forseeable future there is no such threat for India from US ..... thus the need for greater range is not there

yeah,Americans feel that you should not constitute a threat, you too weak and small.

conclusion of this thread:a whole country made a big noise about a short comment.
china have over 400 warheads,enough nuclear yield,we don't give a damn about NW.

conclusion ?? you wish !!

India's official ranges for different missiles

Agni I - 850km ( 1000 kg warhead) (1 stage)

Agni II- 2000 km ( 1500 kg warhead) ( 2 stages)

Agni III - 3500 km ( 1500 kg warhead) (2 stages )

Agni V- 5000 km ( unpublished warhead weight) ( 3 stages)

All the above mentioned ranges for strategic missiles are for laymen journalists, arm chair experts of different forums and also for non-proliferation experts who are on India's back to sign CTBT and FCT (Fissile cut off treaty)

Experts who know missile science can also interpret the above mentioned range vs payload in a more detailed manner.

A missile's range depends on number of factors. It could depend on the weight of the missile, warheads, number of stages of missile, fuel and amount of composite materials used.

let us just take one factor. The weight of the warhead !!
50% reduction in payload doubles the range. India has a wide range of warheads, that is from 100 to 1000 kg warheads. Choice of warhead, depends on the value of the target, distance and so on..

for instance

1. Agni I (single stage missile)

850 km @ 1000 kg

1700 km @ 500 kg

3400 km @ 250 kg

2. Agni II ( 2 stages)

2000 km @ 1500 kg

4000 km @ 750 kg

8000 km @ 350 kg

3. Agni III ( 2 stages)

3500 km @ 1500 kg

7000 km @ 750 kg

14,000 km @ 350 kg

4. Ever wonder why nobody talks about Agni IV??

Agni IV is nothing but the 3 stages variants of Agni III (A,B,C)

Agni III- (3 stages)

4000 km @ 3000 kg ( Heavy payload due to 3 stages)

8000 km @ 1500 kg

16,000 km @ 750 kg

5. Why do we need Agni V ??? since Agni III can even reach the US?

well, Agni III at 16,000 km carries only 750 kg payload. This payload will be increased for Agni V.

Agni V (Agni V specifications are not published yet. We are looking at speculative figures)

4000 km @ 4000 kg

8000 km @ 2000 kg

16,000 km @ 1000 kg

There is no such thing as Surya missile, since Agni II, Agni III and
Agni V can take care of the whole world.

this may be false but there was some news about surya-icbm...
any how india already has the capability of icbm. gslv ,pslv all of them can be converted to icbm.. india is not doing this because there is no need..

conclusion ?? you wish !!

India's official ranges for different missiles

Agni I - 850km ( 1000 kg warhead) (1 stage)

Agni II- 2000 km ( 1500 kg warhead) ( 2 stages)

Agni III - 3500 km ( 1500 kg warhead) (2 stages )

Agni V- 5000 km ( unpublished warhead weight) ( 3 stages)

All the above mentioned ranges for strategic missiles are for laymen journalists, arm chair experts of different forums and also for non-proliferation experts who are on India's back to sign CTBT and FCT (Fissile cut off treaty)

Experts who know missile science can also interpret the above mentioned range vs payload in a more detailed manner.

A missile's range depends on number of factors. It could depend on the weight of the missile, warheads, number of stages of missile, fuel and amount of composite materials used.

let us just take one factor. The weight of the warhead !!
50% reduction in payload doubles the range. India has a wide range of warheads, that is from 100 to 1000 kg warheads. Choice of warhead, depends on the value of the target, distance and so on..

for instance

1. Agni I (single stage missile)

850 km @ 1000 kg

1700 km @ 500 kg

3400 km @ 250 kg

2. Agni II ( 2 stages)

2000 km @ 1500 kg

4000 km @ 750 kg

8000 km @ 350 kg

3. Agni III ( 2 stages)

3500 km @ 1500 kg

7000 km @ 750 kg

14,000 km @ 350 kg

4. Ever wonder why nobody talks about Agni IV??

Agni IV is nothing but the 3 stages variants of Agni III (A,B,C)

Agni III- (3 stages)

4000 km @ 3000 kg ( Heavy payload due to 3 stages)

8000 km @ 1500 kg

16,000 km @ 750 kg

5. Why do we need Agni V ??? since Agni III can even reach the US?

well, Agni III at 16,000 km carries only 750 kg payload. This payload will be increased for Agni V.

Agni V (Agni V specifications are not published yet. We are looking at speculative figures)

4000 km @ 4000 kg

8000 km @ 2000 kg

16,000 km @ 1000 kg

There is no such thing as Surya missile, since Agni II, Agni III and
Agni V can take care of the whole world.

:rofl::rofl: even Agni I can deliver an indian flag to moon ya!

Dude our Agani 2 recently failed so leave the boasting and focus on rectifying stuff. I do not see a recent war with China and the possibility of it turning nuclear are remote. Stop flaming at each other, it makes more sense to be friends which MMS is doing.

Well if agni 5 target Harbin city the response is shown in this pic

5755a1e889fb4a44871034795b420086.jpg

HOLY FREAKIN SHIZNIT

Well I guess, the Chinese have nothing to worry about.

:police:

very good range vs payload graph !!

The range vs payload for Agni III on the graph is for a 2 stage missile. Agni III with 3 stage variants can carry double the payload.

India has an Agni II variant called as Agni II (AT). It can carry double the payload. (Insiders know about this variant)

Agni II (AT)

4500 km @ 1500 kg

9000 km @ 750 kg

Indian government mainly downplays the capacity to divert the attention of non-proliferation experts. Indian media is used well to do that job.

Facts about testing of strategic missiles are also purposely twisted. If Agni III ICBM variants are tested, we just hear news about Agni II testing.

Agni II has always been made the scape-goat.

Agni II (AT) extended range variant would soon replace Agni II.

I know this can be hard on people who wish to hear what they love to hear, but this is the truth.

India is also working on a long range subsonic cruise missile called
Nirbhay. Russian scientists have been employed to fix turbofan engine metallurgy problems.(just like how Chinese employed Russians to work on its missile seekers for its BVR missile SD-10).

Nirbhay payload vs range

Published range is (1000 km @ 1000 kg)

It will be nuclear armed.

1000 km @ 1000 kg

2000 km @ 500 kg

3000 km @ 250 kg (Thermo-nuclear payload)

Indian Military will be well set by 2015 with at least 3 nuclear submarines, mass production of ICBM Agni III variants, long range cruise missiles and bunch of other important projects !!

i wish Agni-5 will target Wuhan tonight,then i don't need to bear such a thread.

well your wish is never going to be fulfilled as india and china are not going to fight . too much at stake.........:sniper:

......and by the way

What is the use in targeting Harbin??

There are other juicy targets like Beijing and Shanghai !!

Harbin is used as an example by some layman journalist to show his half baked knowledge about strategic missiles.

80% of China's oil goes via Strait of Malacca. It is one of the reasons why Indian Military activities in Andaman and Nicobar Islands are more lately !!

Back
Top Bottom