What's new

Agartala Conspiracy confession, what does it mean for our history

In my opinion it does not mean jack. Separation was inevitable due to west pakistans misguided sense of superiority and entitlement. It was only a matter of time. Agartola is irrelevant.

In my opinion it does not mean jack. Separation was inevitable due to west misguided sense of superiority and entitlement. It was only a matter of time. Agartola is irrelevant.
They don't believe it. Independent sources have told what was the wrong done to East Pakistan which resulted in increasing hostility. But they think India did this, did that.

They don't believe it. Independent sources have told what was the wrong done to East Pakistan which resulted in increasing hostility. But they think India did this, did that.

India took full advantage of the internal issues within pakistan to dismember a Muslim state for its own interest.
It is no longer relevant what Pakistanis believes from Bangladeshs perspective.

Bangladesh standing on its own is manifest destiny and I am glad for it. However strategically it has also made us more vulnarable vis-a-vis expansionist and hedgemonistic hindutva India.

India took full advantage of the internal issues within pakistan to dismember a Muslim state for its own interest.It is no longer relevant what Pakistanis believes from Bangladeshs perspective.Bangladesh standing on its own is manifest destiny and I am glad for it. However strategically it has also made us more vulnarable vis-a-vis expansionist and hedgemonistic hindutva India.
Well at least you ron't have problem of extremism of that order like in Pakistan.

It was important for us otherwise we would had a nuclear armed East Pakistan, a much bigger threat to our NE states.

It's early morning in Sub-Continent, you'll soon have a lot of company, enough to tell you their views on the subject, lets see if PDF is all filled with Razakars only. Till then have some coffee :coffee:

@ Hey man ! to whom you are talking to have coffee ? He is not habituated to take coffee rather cannot afford to take it. At best he can go for " lal cha or lal chai ".

India took full advantage of the internal issues within pakistan to dismember a Muslim state for its own interest.

Bangladesh standing on its own is manifest destiny and I am glad for it. However strategically it has also made us more vulnarable vis-a-vis expansionist and hedgemonistic hindutva India.

India's reach within BD's politics is quite scary. Overnight, they turned a country with such great economic potential into a country on the brink of a civil war. And all this simply to get rid of a party that supports NE separatists.

India's reach within BD's politics is quite scary. Overnight, they turned a country with such great economic potential into a country on the brink of a civil war. And all this simply to get rid of a party that supports NE separatists.

Is that supposed to be wrong for India?

Afterall India did support Mukti Bahini in East Pakistan in return for East Pakistan being an external base for Naga Mizo separatist all over 1960s.

Is that supposed to be wrong for India?

Afterall India did support Mukti Bahini in East Pakistan in return for East Pakistan being an external base for Naga Mizo separatist all over 1960s.

apo_mEaTgRiNdEr said:

And that's not wrong? After all, we fought with Indian Army to break up Pakistan in 1971, and all that to live in a hell hole right? No wonder BD has been so hostile ever after.

And that's not wrong? After all, we fought with Indian Army to break up Pakistan in 1971, and all that to live in a hell hole right? No wonder BD has been so hostile ever after.

Don't be so disrespectful towards your own country, you clearly have a sense of inferiority and insecurity but that offends me highly. No one is living in a hellhole, YOU are your country so if you cannot make it better, better not whine about the stuff taking place.

The Mukti Bahini fought alongside the Indian Army for an independent nation and in conclusion attained an independent nation- BD. So, what exactly are you trying to insinuate when you say that they didn't do all that to live in a "hell hole"?

I consider 1947 partition decision by then Muslim League leaders a mistake that cannot be reversed.

You are going to have to amplify upon this sir. If the 1947 partition is not satisfactory in your opinion then what alternative would have pleased you. Are you simply exclaiming that the amount of land encompassed by East Pakistan/ Bangladesh is unsatisfactory or that the partition should have been done on some other terms?

India's role is peripheral. The day Bhutto decided not to hand over power to Mujib, separation became completely justified. YOU CANNOT NOT HAND OVER POWER after losing an election- period.India can't play a role in a big event like that. All that we could do was that once the fire began, we stepped in to protect our intersts. The big stuff was always done by other players.

I don't get you dude, how is it 'treason'? That is a term specific to the law of some country. The day Bangladesh became independent, all your leaders actions under pakistan's laws become irrelevant- including their past actions and the only thing that counts is if the people of bangladesh look at it that way. Can the british say today that washington commited treason? Before independence, yes- after independence that term is dropped against him for good.

I read some of the old posts in this thread, if you will notice the dates, this thread is an old one, and it was revived with new information.

I also read your comments again. The charge against Mujib and others in the Agartala case was of treason or sedition, if I am not mistaken. We are not dealing with Mujib's role in post 1971 Bangladesh, rather a point of history in Pakistan in 1968. I think you are mixing up the present with the past, if I may say that.

Of course Pakistan no longer exists in its earlier form so legal status of these issues changed since then, but historical facts cannot be changed, they have already happened. The subject of this thread is not about current legal status of past actors, rather uncovering historical facts.

i seriously am confused. Were'nt they the same people who gave you your independence? So they thought they could use armed rebellion? Why would that be a problem? You got your end objective right?

No they are not same people. Some may have fought in 1971, but Agartala case and its actors are different from the people who fought in 1971 war. What we are discussing here is Agartala case not 1971 war.

I don't think we understand eachother.

My context was India will do everything in her power to stop destabilization of NE India, and make any external entity involved pay . I find nothing wrong with that as it is self-defense.

Back
Top Bottom