What's new

Agartala Conspiracy confession, what does it mean for our history

@kalu Miah...

i'm respecting your hard work,but it didn't make sense.while you omitted a lot of important facts like the reason of 1971 war,genocides of innocent people,vasha andolon,you also twisted few words like Suhrawardy wanted an united bengal when everybody knows whats his plan was...India fought against british empire for an United India,not for Muslim Motherland.but when Musilm League saw an oppertunity,they jumped for it.read this,the day Kolkata bleed due to plan of Muslim League to divide India...

Direct Action Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kolkata Riot is a major incident why Congress rejected United Bengal plan.because no way they wanted to loose a hindu dominated area when they couldn't keep muslim dominated portions of bengal or else another riot would be created.so you can easily guess what would be fate of an "United Bengal"..

You should join Politics......

Anything that happened after Agartala case and trial that ended in 1969, is not relevant for our discussion such as 1971 war.

Please read above post for details about United Bengal. Kolkata riot could be one of the reasons for rejecting the United Bengal, I do state that this idea was unpopular and was rejected by people in OP:
Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But unfortunately Suhrawardy's plan gained no popularity, although among-st the people who wanted unity of east and west Bengal in 1905.

I am more interested in international politics and may join politics in countries other than Bangladesh. Politics in Bangladesh is dirty and infested with Gunda's and killings. Other than suggesting broad direction for the country from a distance, I have no interest to get directly involved in Bangladesh politics as I do not plan to go back and live there.

Kalu Miah,
I love this line
"Who gave the right to Mujib to seek help and become the partner of our 800 year old enemy entity, Hindu's of South Asia?"

Err - I would assume the fact that he was the truly elected leader of all of Pakistan gave him that right.

800 year old enemy entity? You do realize if that were true - India would be in a constant state of civil war.

And this is what was done to your countrymen because they voted Mujib in. They exercised their right to universal adult franchise and this is what happened to them - I am posting this because it is a British fact finding mission - not Indian propaganda -

No one gave Mujib or other Awami League leaders the right to work with Indian intelligence and plan an armed rebellion in 1967 to engineer a secession to create Bangladesh, it is called treason, which the Agartala case was about. Read more in this post:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...what-does-mean-our-history-2.html#post3206420

No one gave them the right to do the same in 1971 after winning election in 1970 either, but they went ahead and did it anyways, while Indian intelligence egged them on.

What happened in 1971 civil war is not relevant to this discussion as it is limited to Agartala case and its significance.

From the highlighted part, it seems you would have preferred a unified Pakistan. Although there is no shame in admitting that, It has to be mentioned that if pakistani establishment had not treated bengalis with extreme prejudice, there wouldn't have been Bangladesh to begin with.

Often Pakistani members here claim huge disparity in armed forces in east pakistan to be responsible for the loss in 71 and bangladeshi members express their sorrow over RAW involvement in east pakistan.

I have a few questions which might shed some light on est pakistan .
Credit for formation of pakistan lies with east pakistani leaders and muslim league workers. In west pakistan muslim league had lost elections to Indian National Congress and Allies and frontiers and balochistan regions were under Baba Khan's pro-unified India ideology. Then why was even after 65 just around 55,000 armed personal in east pakistan and bulk of the air force, army and naval deployments in west pakistan.

Wasn't East Pakistan the larger populace chunk, hence shouldn't independent battalions be raised in equal numbers in the east in case of emergency. Didn't the great ayub/yahya see that. Why were 20-30 aircrafts stationed in east whereas 200-350 combat aircrafts stationed in the west?

West pakistan built a brand spanking new capital for themselves in islamabad, did they even build a university in dhaka??

Where was the bengali representation in the Army, navy, airforce, civil administation??

Where was the political representation in the Pakistan when the entire formation of pakistan was built on bengali political cadres?

As far as RAW conspiracies are concerned,
Even if true of all specified charges, how was India able to carry out the mentioned conspiracies in East while not a leave moved in west.

With such humongous deliberate neglect, wasn't formation of bangladesh inevitable??????????????

All valid points you have mentioned, what ever we would have done between East and West Pakistan, how we would have solved it, it was our and only our affair, not for outsiders to interfere. I just wished that India did not put its hand in it using our "useful idiots". That is my central point. And these "useful idiots" are still with us (Awami League) and harming our national interest.

kalu mian, anything less than 'first asian president of USA' is beneath you.

Dude,

No need to berate anyone for having a opinion different to our own. We should seek to understand all points of view.

Beyond the color of religion we of bangldesh, pakistan and india are the same people. We will thrive together or fail together. None of us are going anywhere. The borders will not change.

Ultimately the primary goal of our nations should be improve the lot of our respective citizens so all have a peaceful future.

All valid points you have mentioned, what ever we would have done between East and West Pakistan, how we would have solved it, it was our and only our affair, not for outsiders to interfere. I just wished that India did not put its hand in it using our "useful idiots". That is my central point. And these "useful idiots" are still with us (Awami League) and harming our national interest.

Assume your neighbor started killing each and everyone in his family with a butcher knife in front of you, What will you do? stand there and say it's their own business, and we should not interfere?????

Remind me again why did General Tikka Khan earned the nickname 'Butcher of Bengal' ????????

Maybe this might jog your memory " "Green land of East Pakistan will be painted red". It was painted red by Bengali blood."

But once the killing started in 71 it was over. Mujib who was absent all throughout the liberation war could not row back events. He was also incredibly Inept in dealing with India and governing. But it is my personal belief that mujib was loyal to his people but did not have command of events.

Thanks for reminding about that.

Assume your neighbor started killing each and everyone in his family with a butcher knife in front of you, What will you do? stand there and say it's their own business, and we should not interfere?????

Remind me again why did General Tikka Khan earned the nickname 'Butcher of Bengal' ????????

Maybe this might jog your memory " "Green land of East Pakistan will be painted red". It was painted red by Bengali blood."

Tikka Khan and 1971 came much later in the picture. Mujib and Indian intelligence plan for secession and creation of Bangladesh go back to at least 1961, some say even earlier during 1950's. Even in 1971, RAW trained Awami agents started their Bihari killings first. But 1971 is not even the topic of discussion here. So no off topic discussions please.

kalu mian, anything less than 'first asian president of USA' is beneath you.

Asian president of USA? I think its not happening in our life time. Asians are around 5% of US population. Besides I was not born in the US.

My goal is to be more active in Asian politics and contribute in any way possible to create an ASEAN+, hopefully by promoting this idea with the Japanese.

Tikka Khan and 1971 came much later in the picture. Mujib and Indian intelligence plan for secession and creation of Bangladesh go back to at least 1961, some say even earlier during 1950's. Even in 1971, RAW trained Awami agents started their Bihari killings first. But 1971 is not even the topic of discussion here. So no off topic discussions please.

I wont reply to Utter B.S.
thanks

1. When Partition took place IB, the political intel deptt of the Raj fell almost totally to India because it's HQ was at New Delhi. Bengal's subsidiary HQ was at Calcutta. India not only energized these offices but also kept the networks intact. Somehow IB of the Raj was dominated by Hindu officers and operatives in this part. ( One of the agitating students killed in 1952 was an Indian national, though Muslim. He is buried in his village across the border. People don't like to talk about this, but at times eye brows have been raised.) On the heels of Partition IB India made the first known contact for a dissolution of Pakistan through the DHC Office Dhaka. This was then located adjacent to the present day Ittefaq office. Ittefaq's "Declaration" had been made in the name of Motahar Husain of Barisal. Motahar was the man Indian IB contacted. Pak Intel discovered this and Motahar was arrested. However, eventually nothing happened to him and he kept his high profile presence in the media till he died about 10 years back.

2. From the Indian side the career of Deb Mukharjee, a diplomat who started as a 3rd Secy at Dhaka and ended as Hi Com to BD, is relevant to Agaratala Conspiracy, 1971 War and even the current Indo-BD relations.

3. To my knowledge and considered understanding this Conspiracy was the first goof-up by ISI and its chief Akbar. I say my knowledge because I have known some of the players involved. The main conspirators were dismissed bureaucrats charged under EBDO/303. Among them Ruhul Quddus, later to become Principal Secy, was a hard core. But their effort was really limited to drawing room talks. IB India was able to introduce some low level people, and they were the hardcore. Among them was Steward Mujib of PIA. Not much of research has been done on him and he escaped all attention till he died. Same with another man, Beg and the navy sailor Sulatn.

4.Yes, Lieut Comdr Moazzem was also a hard core. But the other army officers were not directly involved in the project still in the thinking stage. Col Shawkat, Ord was posted in Karachi where he got involved through Moazzem. He involved Capt Alim Bhuyan, another Ord officer, who became an approver. Other prominent officers were Nuruzzaman the only infantry officer who later became JRB chief,was really an abettor; Col Alam and Col Khurshid were doctors; Huda was an ASC officer who was back in service after 1971, transferred to infantry, got promoted to Col and appointed bde comdr when he was killed.

5. Whatever Hasina or Shawkat now say, Sheikh was not involved in this. During his lifetime he never once mentioned this. If true then then why would he miss out on this "achievement"? Btw, Sheikh also never said that he had declared BD's independence. Yes, others did and he did not refute. Both Shawkat and Hasina have huge political mileage to gain. And this would cross out any misgivings about Sheikh not participating in the war. Shawakat is marginalized in BAL having refused to join the party after it was revived. He had continued to stay with Razzaq's BAKSAL which had annoyed Hasina.

6. Notably when the rag tag group of conspirators went to Agartala, Stweard Mujib took the leadership.He was the one who had jotted down the future course of the new state and signed the famous Secret Pact. India has always taken this document as the starting point of all Indo-BD relations thereafter, 1971 inclusive.

7. Having said all that I must state that it is quite probable that the hardcore conspirators and their IB India handlers had assumed that once E Bengal became volatile Sheikh would be catapulted into leadership. Being a man with wide contacts in the society it is not impossible that he had known something was cooking. But there is no record or evidence to suggest that he mad any effort to contact them or to conspire with them. Except some of the bureaucrats whom he would have met in professional life, Sheikh had not met any of the other arrested earlier.

8. In defense of Akbar and the newly formed ISI I must say that they were under great pressure from Ayub to size up Sheikh. Here was a mistake that W Pak dominated administration was to repeat in 1971. A political issue is best solved politically. Involving the military or state agencies often result in messy consequences.

Moral of the thread: Kalu have problems, cant digest daily, that his MUSLIM country got help from HINDU India to get independence... OP does not care about the independence he enjoys now, nor the killings of his country mens in 71, but cant imagine kaffirs helping BD...
Talking about 800 year old enimity?> Can i know how? Invaders destroyed lotta temples just for the sake of destroying... Who started this cycle?
The OP in my mind is a freak jamaati, who knows no value of friendship, but hatred against other religions...

So what was the reason for that? If Mujib was the liberator of Bengal, then why was he killed by his own people? I want to know Bangladeshi perspective.
The so called liberator became tyrant and got eradicated unfortunately!

So what was the reason for that? If Mujib was the liberator of Bengal, then why was he killed by his own people? I want to know Bangladeshi perspective.

Many AL men started looting whatever was left of East Pakistan. Even banks. And he was powerless to stop it. He wasn't a bad man, but a poor administrator.

He also banned all political parties, media outlets. His model of a command economy was failing miserably.

And he didn't get along well with the army (the very men who fought for him).

Hence, the result.

If Bhutto gave Mujib the power, the latter wouldn't even have lasted for six months!

Many AL men started looting whatever was left of East Pakistan. Even banks. And he was powerless to stop it. He wasn't a bad man, but a poor administrator.

He also banned all political parties, media outlets. His model of a command economy was failing miserably.

And he didn't get along well with the army (the very men who fought for him).

Hence, the result.

If Bhutto gave Mujib the power, the latter wouldn't even have lasted for six months!

the only solution to the 1971 crisis was , appoint mujeeb the Prime minister and hand him over full power and authority for whole of Pakistan. thats what i think he wanted to be the PM, thats what bhotto wanted as well, and yahya;s plan was no different. If mujeeb was made PM i think in few months time his popularity would have come down to zero and we would have saved pakistan because after all it was a power struggle.nothing more nothing less.

Back
Top Bottom