What's new

After Vote, Pakistan’s Strongest Ally Should Be India

If India and China, two adversaries can have a thriving trade relationship of $70 billion which has stood the test of time, why not a full blooded India Pakistan trade relationship that can be worth more than $30 billion in the coming years and perhaps even reach $50 billion within this decade which will benefit the people of both countries immensely.

I think most pakistan see free tade india as a tool of indian policy to keep pakistan in check......what happens the first time there some sort of attack in india that is blamed on pakistan, you will close the border and stop trade.

But I guess that is easier said than done what with the terrorists waiting in the wings to throw a spanner in the works. Unless and until there is a paradigm shift in the policy of Pakistan's Establishment of using terrorists as 'strategic assets', especially in Kashmir there can be little or no forward movement.

Well i think the onus is on you........you asked the pakistani govt to stop support for the freedom fighters and
that you would be willing to talk,instead you bulit a fence on the LOC and are now asking to have trade with pakistan and then you will move on the kashmir issue.

Have you compared the amount of activity by the freedom fighters in the last 10 years to the decade before?
Pakistan did what you asked and in return more demands by india.
I know for sure that once pakistan does do that you will have some new demand and it carry on demand after demand before you do anything on kashmir....which you wont do nothing but want to turn the LOC into an international border.
The indian govt needs to stop state terror in kashmir and withdraw its army and hold a free vote on the future on kashmir and let the people decide.
Once the above things are done then i think pakistan will be more willing to open free trade with india.

I think most pakistan see free tade india as a tool of indian policy to keep pakistan in check......what happens the first time there some sort of attack in india that is blamed on pakistan, you will close the border and stop trade.
We make sure that the business and relationship is improved; you make sure that there are no terrorists. Fair deal.

Well i think the onus is on you........you asked the pakistani govt to stop support for the freedom fighters and
that you would be willing to talk,instead you bulit a fence on the LOC and are now asking to have trade with pakistan and then you will move on the kashmir issue.

Have you compared the amount of activity by the freedom fighters in the last 10 years to the decade before?
Pakistan did what you asked and in return more demands by india.
Do you really think that the terrorist activity is stopped because Pakistan listened to us?
My guess is, it stopped because Pakistan was busy on its western border.

I know for sure that once pakistan does do that you will have some new demand and it carry on demand after demand before you do anything on kashmir....which you wont do nothing but want to turn the LOC into an international border.
The indian govt needs to stop state terror in kashmir and withdraw its army and hold a free vote on the future on kashmir and let the people decide.
Once the above things are done then i think pakistan will be more willing to open free trade with india.
To be able to carry out plebiscite in Kashmir, you have to hand over your occupied part of Kashmir to India. That's the UN resolution on this case. So when are you going to do that?

An oversimplified & biased artcile but anyhow - Lift the barriers & we'd have the trade, lift them not & you can claim giving us the MFN in '47 for all its worth !

Having increase in trade is different from being an "ally" those are two different things.

There is a saying in Urdu " Nadaan dost say Dana dushman baiter hai"
an intelligent enemy is better than a dumb ally.

Plus, I think relation between India and Pakistan are quite peaceful, we are not at war with each other, thus there is peace. Such peace is sufficient enough. We already trade, we can increase our trade, but it remains what it is, business with professionalism. Try not read to much into that.

As Shahid Afridi so eloquently put it (if that is ever possible by him), Indians have small hearts.

Neighbors treat each other in a certain way. Look at Pak-China friendship, learn to emulate.

You get on the good side with us by actually for once being genuine, our generosity has no bounds.

But I don't see that happening anytime soon, your heads are stuck too far up your own a*ses.

India and pakistan can be good allies, and if trade between two countries can grow then it will be great. But Pakistan terrorists groups will oppose this. Sad that even PM gilani son gets kidnapped openly in pakistan.
Business bet two countries will help both countries rather than terrorism.

To be able to carry out plebiscite in Kashmir, you have to hand over your occupied part of Kashmir to India. That's the UN resolution on this case. So when are you going to do that?
Not only that, Pakistan wants the UN resolution as well as what they say, "according to the wishes of the Kashmiri people".

Kashmiri people prefer independence than chose Pakistan. That means a third alternative which implies the option for independence. Nowhere in the UN resolutions has this third option been mentioned!

Second, the introductory paragraph of the relevant UN Resolution clearly mentions that Pakistan has to withdraw ALL its citizens including all armed forces personnel from the entire state of Jammu and Kashmir that includes Gilgit/Baltistan. Pakistan has yet to comply with this.

And now the Pakistanis are blaming India for not complying with the UN Resolutions! This is incomprehensible! They want to have the cake and eat it too! :no:

Kashmir is India's integral part, no one can take it. Only prob is terrorism there becoz of pak ****** groups operating in pak. But now pak has itself became its victim becoz pak people are awaking and condemning such terror organisations in pak.

You cannot hold a gun in one hand and an olive branch in another, duplicity isn't very heart warming.

You stop funding TTP and other groups in Pak, give Kashmir back to its people and we will have all the peace you could ever want.

If that is not reasonable to you then our nuclear stockpile will keep growing and aimed directly at you.

When is the right time going to come when Rehman Malik was going to show the world the proof of Indian involvement in Pakistan terrorism ? Oh wait. That government's term has already ended . That is because there is no proof.

As far as your nukes are concerned

:bunny:

Kashmir is India's integral part, no one can take it. Only prob is terrorism there becoz of pak ****** groups operating in pak. But now pak has itself became its victim becoz pak people are awaking and condemning such terror organisations in pak.

Pakistan's problems are far bigger than just the terror groups.

There is a larger societal level problem in Pakistan which you will realise if you spend some time here.

Sounds so insincere.

You can't have peace with that attitude.

If you want peace with Pakistan then change must come from within.

Yes, quite.

Within whom?

So, when India is going to silence their warmongering baboons doing prime times and spewing hate? It's easiest step.

I should imagine that will happen when people like you stop being so sensitive.

It doesn't look good on you.

I wish the Pakistani jingoes would stop getting hysterical.

This was just a newspaper opinion piece. It isn't Government of India, it isn't a parallel track proposition. Try not to worry too hard about it; India and Indians are not ready to start kissing your arse yet.

Just calm down and go back to shooting each other up.

Not only that, Pakistan wants the UN resolution as well as what they say, "according to the wishes of the Kashmiri people".

Kashmiri people prefer independence than chose Pakistan. That means a third alternative which implies the option for independence. Nowhere in the UN resolutions has this third option been mentioned!

Second, the introductory paragraph of the relevant UN Resolution clearly mentions that Pakistan has to withdraw ALL its citizens including all armed forces personnel from the entire state of Jammu and Kashmir that includes Gilgit/Baltistan. Pakistan has yet to comply with this.

And now the Pakistanis are blaming India for not complying with the UN Resolutions! This is incomprehensible! They want to have the cake and eat it too! :no:

They know it and they cant accept it.

Because if they do, they will have no other reason to cry. They wilk have no other reason to feed hate to their younger generation. And above all, their syllabus will be empty hehe

You Indians create a threat about peace and being allies and then you spew your hatred of us in the very same thread.

Time for a bit of self reflection.

I have always have said with neighbors like you who needs enemies.

You can't just take, take, take and not give. Doesn't work like that.

Back
Top Bottom