What's new

After Vote, Pakistan’s Strongest Ally Should Be India

sir you are being politically correct here. infighting maybe one reason the coloured nations dont have the top slot but it also has to do with the evolution and the way people of the west evolved into what they are today , I am in no way suggesting the super race idea that is normally picked by racists but I am talking about the "killer App"
its called work ethic.

Most "brown" races I have seen work if anything harder than whites. I know what you mean, perhaps rewarding the work makes the difference? (ps....haven't seen you in a while....how's everything?) (PPSS....working hard and and doing it for your own benefit makes a huuuge difference)

Lots of talk about what Pakistan should do, but relatively little discussion of what kind of relationship India wants with Pakistan?

Is India looking for a partner -- an 'ally' as the OP claims -- or merely another vassal state like Afghanistan or Nepal to cement its hegemony in south Asia? Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are not interested in that role, but given Pakistani leaders' penchant to sell out to the highest bidder, and their deep conviction that Pakistan is forever destined to be a weak, beggar state, they may well do the honors. Certainly, in the coming decades, India will have lots of cash to entice them.

India will forever hold the issue of terrorism over Pakistan's head, like a Damocles' Sword, even as it does funny business in Baluchistan and elsewhere. Will Pakistan turn a blind eye to that duplicity just because the editors at Bloomberg so advised?

tell canada to allow tata and mahindras okay Buddy

NO Trade with India period never trade with india only missiles and bullets for india because what they do in Occupied kashmir tell tata to sell to Arabs they are considered more of a muslims then Pakistan sell them what ever you have as they are begairats buying american products which pays israel 30 billion in aid every year

Tell Canada to SELL TATA and MAHINDRAS, we are good

No israeli or Indian products should be allowed in the arabian sea,

Tata's and Mahindras are sold in Europe,Australia and south america
And for the bolded part:omghaha:

Lots of talk about what Pakistan should do, but relatively little discussion of what kind of relationship India wants with Pakistan?

Is India looking for a partner -- an 'ally' as the OP claims -- or merely another vassal state like Afghanistan or Nepal to cement its hegemony in south Asia? Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are not interested in that role, but given Pakistani leaders' penchant to sell out to the highest bidder, and their deep conviction that Pakistan is forever destined to be a weak, beggar state, they may well do the honors. Certainly, in the coming decades, India will have lots of cash to entice them.

India will forever hold the issue of terrorism over Pakistan's head, like a Damocles' Sword, even as it does funny business in Baluchistan and elsewhere. Will Pakistan turn a blind eye to that duplicity just because the editors at Bloomberg so advised?

I think that this has to evolve, a long-drawn out, not always pretty process. Not much glamour to it.

There will be condescension on the Indian side, much as we wish to see it not present from the beginning. There will also always be an unexpressed feeling in some Indian minds that the whole experiment was a waste of time. Pakistanis have to learn to be patient with this, and not react with anger and childish expressions of egalitarianism.

There will be a feeling of deprivation and of suffocation on the Pakistani side. This can only be countered or dispelled - by Pakistanis themselves - by firm but quiet insistence on absolute equality, without being immature in one's expressions of this attitude.

What should happen, over a few decades, is a relationship between a strong, large nation and a strong, small nation (relatively speaking) where neither is the top dog.

Won't happen overnight.

I think that this has to evolve, a long-drawn out, not always pretty process. Not much glamour to it.

There are so many unknowns in how that relationship will evolve.

As the disparity in strength -- economic, military, and other aspects -- grows wider, how will it affect popular self-perception on either side? Will the need to validate one's global standing trigger brash moves on either side?

Will the younger generation hold any sense of nostalgia and kinship that binds the older generations on both sides, however tempered with anger?

There are so many unknowns in how that relationship will evolve.

As the disparity in strength -- economic, military, and other aspects -- grows wider, how will it affect popular self-perception on either side? Will the need to validate one's global standing trigger brash moves on either side?

Will the younger generation hold any sense of nostalgia and kinship that binds the older generations on both sides, however tempered with anger?

I'm more hopeful for the younger generation actually, surprising though it may seem.

My daughter finds our distinctions between ourselves and Pakistanis and Bangladeshis very peculiar and strange and, somehow, musty. Her Pakistani and Bangladeshi friends seem to agree.

This MFN status is totally useless. To me it makes no sense. Pakistan should treat India like any other nation and give access to its market.

The Day India will treat us like any other country n satisfy us with that then we will think abt it.

Automobile, industry,IT,Pharma r something we dont want to work with u, actually we dont want to work with u in any field which will depend us on u!!!
Just like u dont want us to depend on us.

Not only that, Pakistan wants the UN resolution as well as what they say, "according to the wishes of the Kashmiri people".

Kashmiri people prefer independence than chose Pakistan. That means a third alternative which implies the option for independence. Nowhere in the UN resolutions has this third option been mentioned!

Second, the introductory paragraph of the relevant UN Resolution clearly mentions that Pakistan has to withdraw ALL its citizens including all armed forces personnel from the entire state of Jammu and Kashmir that includes Gilgit/Baltistan. Pakistan has yet to comply with this.

And now the Pakistanis are blaming India for not complying with the UN Resolutions! This is incomprehensible! They want to have the cake and eat it too! :no:

Thanks for info

See...there is a difference in enemity of India between Pakistan and China...India and Pakistan has a cultural animosity where as India and China has no cultural or emotional difference ...And the 2nd most important factor is China do not hate India...where as the common perception is Pakistan and its Army like to hate India in the past.....So the chances of bringing the bond between India and China will be more than India and Pakistan...

exactly...........................

It's not about duplicity. It's saying that I'm ready to make peace if you're willing, but ready to defend myself if you're not:

greatseal1.jpg

It's only duplicity if you're offering peace with one hand while concealing a knife with intention to stab in the other.

Some of the broader questions that come to mind are:

Can Pakistan retain its identity without hatred-of-India?
Can Pakistan accept a peaceful relationship that isn't between equals?
Can Pakistan suppress Islamic militancy enough to restrain the calls for jihad in India?
Can Pakistan actually punish citizens who rob and murder Indians (look what happened to the 26/11 prosecutor last week)?
Can India's bureaucracy cope with the added responsibilities normal relations with Pakistan will entail, such as increased trade and movement of people?

Let me put a Rebuttal

1)Pak can n Pak has too but the history is full of bloodshed n most of us r the children of those who had migrated from india to pakistan in 47. In the same eve when they had killed atleast 20 million muslims who were migration to pakistan!!!!!
What they did to us in 71 n in 84 when they invaded our territory just because in the map it didnt had a Demarcation line!!!
A Country who has influenced the world not to give us any AID or do trade with us examples r America, EU, Australia n France.
With France in 2009 they had pressured them not to sent a electronic package of JF-17 because of MMRCA deal n the winners were French unsurprisingly when they refused to sell us that.
Just a month or 2 back they have asked the World Bank not to give us loan for making Dams in Azad Kashmir so that we could address the energy crisis in our country.

and u want us to accept a relation on unequal basis with such a country n sign on our own death warrant!!!!!!!!!

One cant be cut off from her histry n dream of a satisfied nation's future!!! History is vital.

But in same logic can India also move on from this terrorist drama n THE unsinkable hate that they actually have against us n Muslim rule in South Asia??

We can still compromise in our history if they more on n teach the right history.

2) Can u accept a relationship that is on the basis of un equality when u want us to remove our part of hate,identity, militancy etc etc etc.

I mean what we get out of this a relation on un equal basis!!!!!!
That too has no guarantee of peace as actually history shows that they r the ones who r aggressors!!

3,4) This is just the only thing we have against them to show them a good message as if u can isolate us then we can do damage to u too.
Do u know how much successful Mumbai Attack was??
Their largest city n gone in to a sleep n the investers had ran off giving a huge dip into their annual growth rate n economic goals!!!!!

There is a reason why u see them only shading tears on this attack specifically but these activities r been done since 71 when they had trained the terrorists against us n divided our country into two.

BTW yr talking about Mumbai but u have forgotten abt Samjhota Express bombing in 2006 where they had bombed a train which was caring 68 pakistanis on her way back to Pakistan from India inside indian territory and to add to the insult they had blamed us for that!!!!! But later found out that their own Hindu Nationalistic Terrorists were involved n the mastermind was an Indian Army Captain who surved in their intelligence ie RAW too.

5)Indian bureaucracy :lol:

Do u seriously believe that they will do it?
It was the same indian bureaucracy who refused to co-operate in 99 when Pres. Musharaf had gone to Agra in India after Kargil conflict n provided his 4 point formula for the first time n the Indian PM was willing to go ahead with it n things had gone so close that now he had to sign a pack n then this indian bureaucracy started to do her drama through media n public pressure n chanted the famous slogan that ''India is going to sell Pakistan the Kashmir.''

During recent times when we were discussing the Siachin problem with them then this same bureaucracy making hurdles when their PM is interested in negotiating it!!

There is always another side of the story.

Sir, I'm completing my degree in B. Sc (hons) Psychology and am in my last semester.

Please guide us abt the Indian psychology:lol:

The Day India will treat us like any other country n satisfy us with that then we will think abt it.

Automobile, industry,IT,Pharma r something we dont want to work with u, actually we dont want to work with u in any field which will depend us on u!!!
Just like u dont want us to depend on us.
if there is no dependence on each other then no trade will work

Back
Top Bottom