What's new

After the initial snub, US formally invites Pakistan to President Biden’s first summit on climate

Biden is another Prince Phillip. He looks like his days are coming to an end. The man has no energy and stumbles over when walking.

Biden should give Imran Khan a telephone call as a courtesy between two leaders. Ignoring the PM of Pakistan is just rude. Not even Trump behaved this way.

Biden is another Prince Phillip. He looks like his days are coming to an end. The man has no energy and stumbles over when walking.
They say he will die soon and Kamala Harris will take over 😂
Pakistan should reject and host its own climate summit. Invite like-minded nations.
LoL and JKLF separatists from India along with Taliban leaders will attend that summit , they are the only like minded people you will find

Oh well sleepy joe may have woken up from his afternoon nap and decided to take foreign policy seriously.
Pakistan is a low emitter and is making good inroads at playing it’s part.
Pakistan is not an emitter, but will be the victim of climate change.

I honestly doubt it was a snub. I know a lot of US govt officials. Pakistan is a none issue for them. Only due to our own mistakes.

Americans admire UAE, KSA, Morrocco, Turkey, Malaysia. Pakistan is only known for bad reasons. The recent TLP looting is a prime example of how our own people are projecting our image globally.

They invited Pakistan due to feeling bad abt the reservations we had.

I honestly doubt it was a snub. I know a lot of US govt officials. Pakistan is a none issue for them. Only due to our own mistakes.

Americans admire UAE, KSA, Morrocco, Turkey, Malaysia. Pakistan is only known for bad reasons. The recent TLP looting is a prime example of how our own people are projecting our image globally.

They invited Pakistan due to feeling bad abt the reservations we had.

Untrue. This was definitely a big time snub. Frankly we shouldn't want to be admired by the US. Usually that is a bad sign.

They say he will die soon and Kamala Harris will take over 😂

LoL and JKLF separatists from India along with Taliban leaders will attend that summit , they are the only like minded people you will find
Well they are not like minded in terms of climate they are more like minded in terms of smashing indian and Afghanistani enemies

I think its a good thing for Pakistan to join. Between hydro and solar energy, Pakistan is one of the few countries that maybe able to achieve a high percentage of carbon free energy productions and continue to develop at a rapid clip.

This invite feels more like a face saving attempt by the US officials.

There is so much going on in the White House these days, that it was probably one junior level person who decided whom to invite and whom not to. Probably one not as well versed in global geopolitics. When the higher ups picked up on the Pakistani chatter of snubbing, they must have made this decision to save face.

Either way, the PM should go to this summit and lay out Pakistan’s efforts and ask to be part of the solution or else’s it will crank up the coal fire plants and be part of the problem. Pakistan needs to industrialize and the world can help it do so cleanly or allow it to use its own resources and do so with coal and fossil fuels and make deals with Russia and Iran for Fuel oils and gasses.

At this meeting, Pakistan should advocate better access for developing nations in obtaining technology for more sustainable agriculture to decrease the amount of water used. Investments in more dams to prevent a water shortage and potential climate refugees by 2025. As well as more access to export markets to create a sustainable economy that will maintain regional stability, employ tens of millions more and allow the government to fund more social services.

Back
Top Bottom