What's new

After success of PSLV-C36, ISRO centres plan for GSLV-Mk III and PSLV-C37 launch by next month

They have capacity and a large landmass than us.
Landmass doesn't matter, our country is not small either.
We have the advantage to be nearer to the equator which actually facilitates lower cost because of less consumption of fuel because force of gravity decreases from poles to the equator.
We should first increase to 12.
We are already near there, if we wouldn't have conduct extra missions like RLV, crew module, scramjet, Pad Abort, we would already have touched 10 launches this year.
I heard that Sriharikota have got too busy and taking time to launch satellites cos most of the launch activity takes place at second launch pad.
Yes, because of facilities. FLP mostly facilitates for PSLV-G meanwhile SLP for PSLV-CA, XL, GSLV MkII and LVM 3.

Reason of record launches this year was ISRO also used PSLV-Gs this year and utilized FLP more.;)
They are planning to build an runway for space shuttles.
They are not "planning". They are already building a 5 kilometres long roadstrip for LEX. (Landing Experiment).
Not sure about an new launch pad.
Who asked you to run your brain when a talented guy like me is here just for you buddy?:D
It's under construction buddy. I will try to get some pictures for you.

Landmass doesn't matter, our country is not small either.
We have the advantage to be nearer to the equator which actually facilitates lower cost because of less consumption of fuel because force of gravity decreases from poles to the equator.

We are already near there, if we wouldn't have conduct extra missions like RLV, crew module, scramjet, Pad Abort, we would already have touched 10 launches this year.

Yes, because of facilities. FLP mostly facilitates for PSLV-G meanwhile SLP for PSLV-CA, XL, GSLV MkII and LVM 3.

Reason of record launches this year was ISRO also used PSLV-Gs this year and utilized FLP more.;)

They are not "planning". They are already building a 5 kilometres long roadstrip for LEX. (Landing Experiment).

Who asked you to run your brain when a talented guy like me is here just for you buddy?:D
It's under construction buddy. I will try to get some pictures for you.

No buddy. It might become an security concern. ;)

Actually PSLV-G, PSLV-XL and PSLV-CA are still all launched from FLP. Both C-35 launch and C-36 were from FLP. GSLV MK-2, GSLV MK-3 and future LV's with large kerolox stages will need the second launch pad.

DRDO and HAL are insulted for slow progress to tackle decades old western agencies, but that ISRO lags behind even China and Japan, the countries who started space programs together with India
Regards.

Wrong, who wrote this crap??

China sent hundreds of its students to USSR to study and develop rockets back in 1950. China built its first sounding rocket back in 1958 and launched it in 1960. By the they reverse engineered that too from USSR R-2 rocket.

ISRO was formed in 1969 and launched its first sounding rocket in 1975....That's 25 years later. Plus ISRO did it all alone except for launching it. It was launched by then USSR.

Japan was a technological powerhouse and an innovator since WW1. By WW2, they became technology superpower. Japan formed it's space agency back in 1950, also almost 20 years before.

You know who else set up their space agency be4 India, it was Pakistan. Yup, Pakistan is also an older organization to ISRO.

Comparatively, ISRO is doing just fine. It will do much better with Modi around. ISRO budget was peanuts for years. I think I read somewhere that it's budget was 270 crore in 70s.

Wrong, who wrote this crap??

China sent hundreds of its students to USSR to study and develop rockets back in 1950. China built its first sounding rocket back in 1958 and launched it in 1960. By the they reverse engineered that too from USSR R-2 rocket.

ISRO was formed in 1969 and launched its first sounding rocket in 1975....That's 25 years later. Plus ISRO did it all alone except for launching it. It was launched by then USSR.

Japan was a technological powerhouse and an innovator since WW1. By WW2, they became technology superpower. Japan formed it's space agency back in 1950, also almost 20 years before.

You know who else set up their space agency be4 India, it was Pakistan. Yup, Pakistan is also an older organization to ISRO.

Comparatively, ISRO is doing just fine. It will do much better with Modi around. ISRO budget was peanuts for years. I think I read somewhere that it's budget was 270 crore in 70s.
Whatever you say but making fighter aircraft engines is a tougher job than rocket ones.

Whatever you say but making fighter aircraft engines is a tougher job than rocket ones.
your point is valid(re comparison between DRDO and ISRO) but what sucks is the stuff that comes out of mouth of DRDO chief, they overpromise and underdeliver but shameless enough to make all sorts of claims.

Look!
From PSLV C-36!

Seems like either under progress assembly of GSLV Mk3 D1 or a mock up stage for Pad Abort test. Thanks to vineetghk, blessed eyes.:p

It's is tougher but you can't blame DRDO for everything. You had major issues with corrupt government and its military forces excluding Navy. Corruption was so deep that anything DRDO produced was quickly shot down or had its specifications changed. There was very little support for DRDO or other PSUs.
On the other hand, None of foreign suppliers wanted India to be successful with any major projects. They bribed big to sell their products, Indian Army and Air Force were lured in to buy foreign Goods with money and girls (blondes).

Projects like Marut HF24 jet would've been perfect for our forces and it would've created an industry. IAF sabotaged the project. After the project was completed, neither the govt or IAF used the learning curve to advance it's projects. This was just one of many major projects that were sabotaged.

PSUs understood that whatever they make will most probably won't see it operational. Hence the relaxed atmosphere. Go back and check how many projects had their specifications changed at the last minute. These people have sold our nation out. They need to be tortured to death.

LVM3- D1 render from a recent ISRO presentation. Note the Ogival fairing & canted nose cones of boosters. The truss area is also closed.

capture-jpg.3231

Thanks to redditors who found this. @gslv mk3
Looks more beautiful but slated for March now from SLP.;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom