What's new

After success of PSLV-C36, ISRO centres plan for GSLV-Mk III and PSLV-C37 launch by next month

So when will India use electromagnetic catapult launch system to launch its carrier rockets and satellites? China will have such a prototype system ready by 2020 for proof of principle demonstration ie lobbing two new families of carrier rockets "Yuzhou"(electric propulsion) and "Qingzhou"(liquid fuel) into space and payloads into orbits.
I'm not aware of any such catapult system in development.
Though, India has been working on Agni 5 based satellite launch system for emergency.

India also has a project to develop own railguns which apparently can do this work.
Mumbai based Zeus Numerix
http://www.zeusnumerix.com//public/..._Design_of_Electromagnetic_Rail_Gun_PR074.pdf
IMG_20170102_140110_051.jpg

ARDE's rail gun might in fact be a coil gun rail gun hybrid using bitter coil based transmission line along with rails.
http://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/tenders/viewTender.jsp?paramMicro=9672

In media,
http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/05/indias-navy-wants-100-technologies-by.html?m=1

https://m.reddit.com/r/GlobalPowers/comments/3ayo3e/secret_project_18class_destroyer/
[Reddit is more fictional though].
For lasers,
http://*********************/forum/threads/indian-laser-and-directed-energy-weapon-dew-thread.76144/

Eklavya, India's upcoming ASAT Missile:
ASAT_1000_2.png

ASAT_1000_phases.png

ASAT_1000.png

Update on Human Spaceflight Program:

Life Support Systems done
Space Suit done
Food in development

Rescheduled for 2024 for carrying out some additional tests of nee version of LVM3 and construction of a new launch pad for facilitating Human Rates and Heavy Lift launch vehicles. A pad abort test in March or April.
The 10 tonner Heavy Lift Vehicle earlier under study will now go in development.

India has two more interterrestrial missions on drawing board, one for Venus and other for Jupiter for which an HLV is intended now.
To indian members,

What is the difference between PSLV and GSLVs?
Payload capacity, cryogenic stage and at first place purpose.
PSLV is for polar satellites and GSLV for Geostationary Satellites.
Possible? LOL. Imagine a Chinese saying,

CZ-5: 14 tonnes GTO, (25 tonnes possible)
6 tonner and 10 tonner draw designs
http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets_1/India/ULV/Description/Frame.htm

Dude your answer is incoherent. I am saying GSAT-19E is a 3.2 tonner, you are saying it is an I-6K bus weighing 6 tonnes. GSLV MKIII is designed for GTO 4 tonnes. Btw, all flight for MKIII had only been suborbital, you know what this means right?[/QUOTE]
I said it is to be modified for 6 tonnes for being integrated with new semi cryo engine (still features SRBs) though.
GSAT-19E is just slightly more than 3 tonnes but it's not alone at first place.
Can you show me the completed 6 tonnes satellite bus? Or even a 4 tonnes satellite bus? What is the launch capability now? It is 4 tonnes GTO if your MKIII don't fail and proven is <2.5 tonnes for MKII.
Okay, Mk3 will be proven this March.
But what's your point bull$hitting this thread?

When they will be launched, I will post here, can't you stop bumping?
This is the heaviest rocket you ever launched so far, 2.2 tonnes which is less than the 2.5 tonnes design load.
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/science/science/090916/isros-heaviest-ever-satellite-from-india.html

This is the heaviest indian made satellite launched by Ariane.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GSAT-18

GSAT-18 is considered the most advanced Indian sat currently, compare this to our DFH-4, it's a generation behind.
GSAT-11 is about 4.5 tonnes.

Further,
ISRO unveils 10-tonne satellite plan at Indian Science Congress

It's going strange!:D
HLV! A 10 Tonne Cryogenic stage (C10)! Also C50 is twin engine and both stages being powered by CE 20.
The upper stage has been mocked here C2, elsewhere we got C50!
wtgxPDL.jpg

now regarding two cryo stages..look at the image.its a slide from a presentation by some ISRO rocket developer..

mpJdypv.jpg

not clear but the rocket on third is HLV .the second image from left is of CRYO engine from there two green lines are pointing to the second and thrid stages of HLV which means two cryo stages

Cryogenic Propulsion Systems Development in ISRO

V. NARAYANAN .

<snip>

FUTURE PLANS
ISRO is designing heavy-lift launch vehicles with capabilities in the range of 6-10 tonnes in GTO. For this purpose, the following propulsion systems are being pursued:

• A 200 tonne propellant loading LOX and kerosene booster stage powered by a 2,000 kN thrust semi-cryogenic engine operating on stage combustion cycle.
  • A 50 tonne LOX-LH2 propellant loading cryogenic stage powered by twin CE 20 cryogenic engines.
  • A 10 tonne LOX-LH2 propellant loading cryogenic stage powered by a CE 20 cryogenic engine.
I just stumbled in this info on a number of forums. Though, I can't authenciate it.

Heavy Lift Launch Vehicle concepts

ISRO have carried out study of 4 different concepts of HLV to date . These are explained below in random order .

Concept-1

Payload Capacity : 25 tons to LEO (10 tons to GTO)

A Heavy lift Launch Vehicle capable of placing up to 10 ton class of spacecrafts into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit is currently under study by a project team. This new generation launch vehicle will derive its propulsion modules from LVM3 as well as from new developments, which include :

1) semi cryogenic booster stage, SC200
2) larger solid strap on boosters as compared to S200 used in LVM3 (S250) and
3) a larger cryogenic upper stage (C50).

index.php

Welcome to VIKRAM SARABHAI SPACE CENTRE - Heavy Lift Launcher

Concept-2&3

Concept 2&3 together was supposed to carry out a human mission to moon . It was first shown in a presentation by ISRO at the IAC 2009 .

Concept-2 = Crew Launch Vehicle
* Architecture - 4 S230 + SC500 + C60
* Liftoff weight - 1690 tons
* Capability - 31 tons to Low Earth Orbit
* Payload - Crew Module (6 tons) + Service Module (25 tons)

Concept-3 = Carge Launch Vehicle
* Architecture - 8 S230 + SC800 + C60
* Liftoff weight - 3075 tons
* Capability - 84 tons to Low Earth Orbit
* Payload - Earth Departure Stage (67 tons) + Lunar Descent Module (17 tons)
SuperNova: Indian Moon Rockets: First Look

Concept-4

Single LV capable of Lunar Man Mission with payload capacity of 100tons to LEO

This looks like a single LV capable of replacing two LV of concept-2&3

Slide33.JPG

SuperNova: ISRO Heavy Lift Vehicle

And so the official confirmation for existence of vehicle:
http://www.vssc.gov.in/VSSC_V4/index.php/technology/heavy-lift-launch-vehicles

:)

uvdxly7r.jpg

index.php

And for the intelligent souls using Wikipedia as source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Launch_Vehicle
A potential heavy-lift variant (HLV) of the unified launcher capable of placing up to 9 ton class of spacecrafts into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit would include:[1][10]

• A larger dual S-250 solid strap-on boosters as compared to the S-200 boosters used in LVM3;
  • A semi-cryogenic core stage similar to LVM3 with SCE-200 engine;
  • A semi cryogenic third stage with a new CE-50 engine;
  • A new fourth stage with cryogenic C10 engine.
Semicryogenic stage with cryo engine!
:rofl:
Well,

"Launch Vehicles and Space Propulsion - Preselective and Trends" by S. Somnath
It's from the Director of ISRO's Liquid Propulsion System Centre, from where you guys possibly got those slides.:D

Now,
more precisely...

'CE','SCE'is for engines. CE-20 means 200 KN class cryo engine and SCE-200 means 2000 KN class semi-cyro engine.

'S,C,SC,L' are used naming stages...the number after that means the mass of Propellant in the stage...
normally on Indian launch vehicle, one stage uses one engine.so the 3rd stage of LVM-3:C-25 is a cryo stage containing one CE-20 engine with around 25 tons Propellant (LH2/LOX in this case). the coming SC-160 stage is a semi-cyro stage powered by a SCE-200 engine with around 160 tons Propellant...and so on...
the 2nd stage of LVM-3 : L-110 satge might be ISRO's first try of Engine parallel/clustering tech (two engines in one stage). 'L'= toxic liquid Propellant which is well-known.
Solid rocket's thrust specific normally is decided by the diameter, more segments of propellant grain in a stage means more gross thrust.

SC = Semicryogenic Stage
SCE = Semicryogenic Engine

C or CS = Cryogenic Stage ..... CUS = Cryogenic Upper Stage
CE = Cryogenic Engine

S = Solid Stage

L = Liquid Stage

Plan 2017-22 is around the corner so will get to know about Long Term plan and importantly fate of TLP.

So when will India use electromagnetic catapult launch system to launch its carrier rockets and satellites? China will have such a prototype system ready by 2020 for proof of principle demonstration ie lobbing two new families of carrier rockets "Yuzhou"(electric propulsion) and "Qingzhou"(liquid fuel) into space and payloads into orbits.

Burn more @cirr

It's going strange!:D
HLV! A 10 Tonne Cryogenic stage (C10)! Also C50 is twin engine and both stages being powered by CE 20.
The upper stage has been mocked here C2, elsewhere we got C50!
wtgxPDL.jpg

now regarding two cryo stages..look at the image.its a slide from a presentation by some ISRO rocket developer..

mpJdypv.jpg

not clear but the rocket on third is HLV .the second image from left is of CRYO engine from there two green lines are pointing to the second and thrid stages of HLV which means two cryo stages

Cryogenic Propulsion Systems Development in ISRO

V. NARAYANAN .

<snip>

FUTURE PLANS
ISRO is designing heavy-lift launch vehicles with capabilities in the range of 6-10 tonnes in GTO. For this purpose, the following propulsion systems are being pursued:

• A 200 tonne propellant loading LOX and kerosene booster stage powered by a 2,000 kN thrust semi-cryogenic engine operating on stage combustion cycle.
  • A 50 tonne LOX-LH2 propellant loading cryogenic stage powered by twin CE 20 cryogenic engines.
  • A 10 tonne LOX-LH2 propellant loading cryogenic stage powered by a CE 20 cryogenic engine.
I just stumbled in this info on a number of forums. Though, I can't authenciate it.

Heavy Lift Launch Vehicle concepts

ISRO have carried out study of 4 different concepts of HLV to date . These are explained below in random order .

Concept-1

Payload Capacity : 25 tons to LEO (10 tons to GTO)

A Heavy lift Launch Vehicle capable of placing up to 10 ton class of spacecrafts into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit is currently under study by a project team. This new generation launch vehicle will derive its propulsion modules from LVM3 as well as from new developments, which include :

1) semi cryogenic booster stage, SC200
2) larger solid strap on boosters as compared to S200 used in LVM3 (S250) and
3) a larger cryogenic upper stage (C50).

index.php

Welcome to VIKRAM SARABHAI SPACE CENTRE - Heavy Lift Launcher

Concept-2&3

Concept 2&3 together was supposed to carry out a human mission to moon . It was first shown in a presentation by ISRO at the IAC 2009 .

Concept-2 = Crew Launch Vehicle
* Architecture - 4 S230 + SC500 + C60
* Liftoff weight - 1690 tons
* Capability - 31 tons to Low Earth Orbit
* Payload - Crew Module (6 tons) + Service Module (25 tons)

Concept-3 = Carge Launch Vehicle
* Architecture - 8 S230 + SC800 + C60
* Liftoff weight - 3075 tons
* Capability - 84 tons to Low Earth Orbit
* Payload - Earth Departure Stage (67 tons) + Lunar Descent Module (17 tons)
SuperNova: Indian Moon Rockets: First Look

Concept-4

Single LV capable of Lunar Man Mission with payload capacity of 100tons to LEO

This looks like a single LV capable of replacing two LV of concept-2&3

Slide33.JPG

SuperNova: ISRO Heavy Lift Vehicle

And so the official confirmation for existence of vehicle:
http://www.vssc.gov.in/VSSC_V4/index.php/technology/heavy-lift-launch-vehicles

:)

uvdxly7r.jpg

index.php

And for the intelligent souls using Wikipedia as source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Launch_Vehicle

Semicryogenic stage with cryo engine!
:rofl:
Well,

"Launch Vehicles and Space Propulsion - Preselective and Trends" by S. Somnath
It's from the Director of ISRO's Liquid Propulsion System Centre, from where you guys possibly got those slides.:D

Now,
more precisely...

'CE','SCE'is for engines. CE-20 means 200 KN class cryo engine and SCE-200 means 2000 KN class semi-cyro engine.

'S,C,SC,L' are used naming stages...the number after that means the mass of Propellant in the stage...
normally on Indian launch vehicle, one stage uses one engine.so the 3rd stage of LVM-3:C-25 is a cryo stage containing one CE-20 engine with around 25 tons Propellant (LH2/LOX in this case). the coming SC-160 stage is a semi-cyro stage powered by a SCE-200 engine with around 160 tons Propellant...and so on...
the 2nd stage of LVM-3 : L-110 satge might be ISRO's first try of Engine parallel/clustering tech (two engines in one stage). 'L'= toxic liquid Propellant which is well-known.
Solid rocket's thrust specific normally is decided by the diameter, more segments of propellant grain in a stage means more gross thrust.

SC = Semicryogenic Stage
SCE = Semicryogenic Engine

C or CS = Cryogenic Stage ..... CUS = Cryogenic Upper Stage
CE = Cryogenic Engine

S = Solid Stage

L = Liquid Stage

Plan 2017-22 is around the corner so will get to know about Long Term plan and importantly fate of TLP.
It's all FUTURE TENSE again. I am asking this again what is the heaviest satellite ever launched on an Indian launcher? ANSWER ME DAMN IT!

It's all FUTURE TENSE again.
Plenty of such future tenses turned into past soon and PDFians were just jumping around trying to find out anomalies in those.
One more future tense will become past in first week of February, first week of March,
Design of India's HLV would be demonstrated on a smaller version. :D Don't worry.
I am asking this again what is the heaviest satellite ever launched on an Indian launcher? ANSWER ME DAMN IT!
No point in answering it, it will change in next two months, will again get changed next year.

Plenty of such future tenses turned into past soon and PDFians were just jumping around trying to find out anomalies in those.
One more future tense will become past in first week of February, first week of March,
Design of India's HLV would be demonstrated on a smaller version. :D Don't worry.

No point in answering it, it will change in next two months, will again get changed next year.
Jai hind...This coming march India will be a Supapowa

Typical Indian..:D

It's clear that Indian launch capability is behind that of China. But India space launch results are superb as compare to other Indian achievement such as build a jet fighter, a long range cruise missile, or even build a rifle. So it's important to give credit where the credit is due.

Finally, India is ahead of China is Mars exploration. Only USA is head and shoulders above everyone else.

Thank God!
Troller left the thread, now we can discuss.

I fore see you guys once again quoting chinese rocket lifting capability when we launch 103 satellite in one go. When we did mars mission, you did that, When we launch mini Hubble, you did that, When we tested Screm jet engine, you did that, When we tested space shuttle, you did that. Once again it will be the time for you guys to quote the lifting capability of your rocket.

Possible? LOL. Imagine a Chinese saying, CZ-5: 14 tonnes GTO, (25 tonnes possible)

Well, I cant argue/comment over 'Chinese' way of imagination.
But when it comes to an Indian , with all due respect, We ( Read "I" ) generally dont speak without facts.

Having said this, my term "possible" implied this :

SCE 200 , is a done deal. Add this to GSLV MK III and what you get is :

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...heavy-lift-launch-vehicles/article7262881.ece

Which clearly states :

There is a proposal to include the SCE-200[30] in LVM-3 in order to boost its payload capacity to 6 tonnes to GTO.[31]

Dude your answer is incoherent. I am saying GSAT-19E is a 3.2 tonner, you are saying it is an I-6K bus weighing 6 tonnes.

Which part of my post , made you conclude this ?

GSLV MKIII is designed for GTO 4 tonnes. Btw, all flight for MKIII had only been suborbital, you know what this means right?

Saturn V, and its CM , LM all were tested in Earth's Orbit First ( read "suborbotal" ) , Not the Lunar Orbit ( read "GTO" ) , in Apollo 9.

It's clear that Indian launch capability is behind that of China. But India space launch results are superb as compare to other Indian achievement such as build a jet fighter, a long range cruise missile, or even build a rifle. So it's important to give credit where the credit is due.

Finally, India is ahead of China is Mars exploration. Only USA is head and shoulders above everyone else.

Well, USA : China :: China : India

Typical Indian..:D
Typical Chinese "boaster", bumping everywhere where he wasn't even called.
I fore see you guys once again quoting chinese rocket lifting capability when we launch 103 satellite in one go. When we did mars mission, you did that, When we launch mini Hubble, you did that, When we tested Screm jet engine, you did that, When we tested space shuttle, you did that. Once again it will be the time for you guys to quote the lifting capability of your rocket.
I'm not a Chinese man, you quoted wrong guy.
Only USA is head and shoulders above everyone else.
Not even USA, it lags in other aspects.
Though, I loved the recent rumours about US behind Indian Mars Mission.
I even got the breakdown key you know.

And now, just have a look above, no Indian boasted edge over China or any comparison, it's Chinese desperance for boasting and chest thumping clearly.

Typical Chinese "boaster", bumping everywhere where he wasn't even called.

I'm not a Chinese man, you quoted wrong guy.

Not even USA, it lags in other aspects.
Though, I loved the recent rumours about US behind Indian Mars Mission.
I even got the breakdown key you know.

And now, just have a look above, no Indian boasted edge over China or any comparison, it's Chinese desperance for boasting and chest thumping clearly.

Isn't your friend @Surya1
an Indian that boasts?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom