What's new

After submarine training, India likely to train Vietnamese pilots to fly Sukhois

I wish Viets will purchase LCA Mk2 to replace their old jets along with Indian AWACs.

It would be a deadly combination, SU-30+LCA Mk2 with AWAC support.

I wish Viets will purchase LCA Mk2 to replace their old jets along with Indian AWACs.

It would be a deadly combination, SU-30+LCA Mk2 with AWAC support.

If we could have only sorted out the engine problem, it was possible. Currently we need US clearance for any LCA sales due to their engines.

If we could have only sorted out the engine problem, it was possible. Currently we need US clearance for any LCA sales due to their engines.

Even Indian air force don't want LCA why would Vietnam want to buy them? Better gesture offer LCA to Vietnam for free of charge.

Even Indian air force don't want LCA why would Vietnam want to buy them? Better gesture offer LCA to Vietnam for free of charge.
They have already placed ordered for it,with next version of LCA ordered aswell.

Wasn't India grounded their Sukhoi for further investigate with the recent crashed? Better for Vietnam learn to flight their sukhoi from the Russian instead of Indian, at least the Russian haven't crash their sukhoi in recent time. For all I know Russian had better flight record compare to Indian.

Source: After submarine training, India likely to train Vietnamese pilots to fly Sukhois | Page 2
wtf? are you a moron? The Russians are barely flying the shite they have because they can't afford it!
And yes, MKI pilots racked up a lot of hours on their machines, and they are grounded because of safety sop!
Vietnamese and their malasian counter parts are trying to gain the operational experience gained by the Indian air force which has been operating them for more than a decade, and unlike the PLAAF whom use the Flankers for dive bombing, and stunts
Indian MKIs are taking off regularly with payloads that out strip a refular payload of the PLAAF. Only recently have the PLAAF laxed this policy.
PS, the PLA has too much curroption coming from the CCP side. Civilians have too much control. Won;t even let them fly their own planes unless to make a point to the USN.

wtf? are you a moron? The Russians are barely flying the shite they have because they can't afford it!
And yes, MKI pilots racked up a lot of hours on their machines, and they are grounded because of safety sop!
Vietnamese and their malasian counter parts are trying to gain the operational experience gained by the Indian air force which has been operating them for more than a decade, and unlike the PLAAF whom use the Flankers for dive bombing, and stunts
Indian MKIs are taking off regularly with payloads that out strip a refular payload of the PLAAF. Only recently have the PLAAF laxed this policy.
PS, the PLA has too much curroption coming from the CCP side. Civilians have too much control. Won;t even let them fly their own planes unless to make a point to the USN.

Don't get too upset, my suggestion not direct at India but for Vietnam Air Force there is better option for their pilots to improve on the flight capacity.

Don't get too upset, my suggestion not direct at India but for Vietnam Air Force there is better option for their pilots to improve on the flight capacity.
Don't be too worried Vietmanies know what they are doing,they dont need a internet worrior from west to help'em out with their defence strategies.

here:lol: , better to keep coaching of yourself first on how to fly before teaching others:rofl:..LMAO

Sukhoi%2Bcrash%2BFlight%2Bdata%2Brecorder%2Bpoints%2Bto%2Btechnical%2Bsnag.jpg
Sh!t this seems dropped straight from sky seems total engine failure or something because as we can see no fire breakout and aircraft is pretty much intact!
Is this machine is restore able ? I believe least 70% parts seems salvageable.

Sh!t this seems dropped straight from sky seems total engine failure or something because as we can see no fire breakout and aircraft is pretty much intact!
Is this machine is restore able ? I believe least 70% parts seems salvageable.
Don't worry it will be back in action within few months,nothing as such.....
%2BSu-27UBK%2Bfighter%2Bjet%2Bof%2Bthe%2BPeople%27s%2BLiberation%2BArmy%2BAir%2BForce%2B(PLAAF)%2Bwhich%2Bcrashed%2Bduring%2Braining%2Bmission%2Bat%2BRong%2BCheng%2Bof%2BShan%2BDong%2Bprovince,%2Bkilling%2Btwo%2Bpilots%2B(5).jpg

....has happened to it.

bro, it is an undeniable fact: there were more vietnamese aces than the of US airforce, despite American superior air power.
Vietnamese Aces - MiG-17 and MiG-21 pilots
but you are right. vietnamese pilots today should not have problem to handle the chinese airforce.
This is where your ignorance about military affairs is revealing, and I say 'ignorance' kindly.

In order to have 'aces', there must be available enemy fighters. In the air war over Viet Nam, how many North Vietnamese fighters versus how many US fighters ? The undeniable fact here is that there was a lopsided availability of air combatants: There were more US fighters -- vastly more -- than there were North Vietnamese fighters. Further, US pilots were in country for only one yr before they are sent home. So given the lack of available North Vietnamese fighters and the short time US pilots were in country, it is no surprise that there would be less US aces than their North Vietnamese opponents.

Here are the truth from Operation Bolo:

- The North Vietnamese pilots were used to attacking heavily laden fighter-bombers, not fighters.

- The North Vietnamese pilots used hit and run tactic and once a few US fighter-bombers were hit, the rest would naturally dump their bombs so they could maneuver to defend themselves. By causing the fighter-bombers to dump their bombs, the North Vietnamese pilots accomplished their mission, so they left. There were no Hollywood style 'Top Gun' dogfighting like you imagined there were in order to exalt the North Vietnamese pilots and exaggerate their airmanship.

- But once the North Vietnamese pilots encountered real fighters like in Operation Bolo, the NVAF lost half of its MIG-21 fleet in that single day. The NVAF then grounded the rest of its MIG-21 for months in order to reevaluate its tactics.

- After Operation Bolo, the NVAF never regained its previous rate of shooting down US fighter-bombers simply because there were less MIG-21s and the North Vietnamese pilots became more cautious.

You got suckered by that 'aces' quantity. You need to believe the myth.

Don't worry it will be back in action within few months,nothing as such.....
%2BSu-27UBK%2Bfighter%2Bjet%2Bof%2Bthe%2BPeople%27s%2BLiberation%2BArmy%2BAir%2BForce%2B(PLAAF)%2Bwhich%2Bcrashed%2Bduring%2Braining%2Bmission%2Bat%2BRong%2BCheng%2Bof%2BShan%2BDong%2Bprovince,%2Bkilling%2Btwo%2Bpilots%2B(5).jpg

....has happened to it.
Well my question remains!
As it can be seen my previous quoted picture that fuselage is broken into 2 near LERX so means serious structural damage and yes it's been dropped from a height and seems dragged over uneven field that means serious structural dislocations in joints and shapes. So is this in shape to be able to restore.

Interesting after Indonesia, Malaysia, its Vietnam whom IAF is training in Sukhois.

Back
Top Bottom