What's new

After Indonesia election, new crop of leaders in focus for 2024 vote

Control is not very accurate, I mean big influence. Basically only the strongest air force/navy control the sea.

In most cases, US control the Straits. https://www.wowshack.com/choke-point-malacca-straits/

In South China Sea, north of latitude of 12, China dominate by land base air force. South of latitude of 12, China and US share the power, no one dominate for now I think.

Vietnam don't have a meaningful navy comparing with China and US. Vietnam and many other countries can only dominate limited sea area along their coast.

In Malacca Strait case, US>Indonesia>China>Singapore>Malaysia for now. Once China 2 new Carrier Strike Groups are ready, China can make sure at least 2 Carrier Strike Groups are available anytime, then US>China>Indonesia>Singapore>Malaysia. Once H-20 are ready, China>US>Indonesia>Singapore>Malaysia.

@Viva_Viet, no one asked your opinion. I can't make argument with those who don't know basic military knowledge.
Pls don’t post fake news!

Singapore controls large sector of Indo airspace. You probably don’t know it. Indo coast guard, Indo Navy, Indo airforce are weak. So Malay and Thailand.

China itself controls nothing. You illegally occupy islands. That’s all.

In sum, Singapore is a factor but she is too small to defend territory.

The US navy is the master of all seas.

Yeah nah yeah nah mate.
One thing for sure is if strait of malacca is being blocked etc by some countries or extra terrestrial forces, sunda and lombok strait is open for 'friendlies' to keep the global trade running.
A few limpet mines could cause big headlines smh, imagine if its something more than that.
Why y'all love conflict.

Singapore controls large sector of Indo airspace. You probably don’t know it. Indo coast guard, Indo Navy, Indo airforce are weak. So Malay and Thailand.

This is the kind strong Vietnam army

peoples-army-of-vietnam-1a7f346c-66d2-4756-a97a-8bf5fb3651f-resize-750.jpeg

Vietnam is an ants, end case

In my opinion, Indonesia is doomed.

We don't have a strong presidential candidate.

Unlike previous elections, SBY and Jokowi were suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and people suddenly know who is to choose.

Seeing all the name above, I don't know which one is the best.

It's still few more years till 2024, someone could appeared out of nowhere in the meantime.

In my opinion...

Risma is a very good candidate.

Ahok too, but he is Chinese descendent.

Ridwan Kamil, is also very good.

Anies and Sandiaga... I don't know, I don't a good impression on them.

In my opinion...

Risma is a very good candidate.

Ahok too, but he is Chinese descendent.

Ridwan Kamil, is also very good.

5 year will be enough to nurture one candidate, people like Luhut, Prabowo, RK, risma is first tier among the most likely will be going for candidate, second tier will be Ganjar, , Tito Karnavian (will be retired in 2021), Moeldoko, third tier will be lingering around AHY, Wiranto, Anies, Sandiaga...

Control is not very accurate, I mean big influence. Basically only the strongest air force/navy control the sea.

In most cases, US control the Straits. https://www.wowshack.com/choke-point-malacca-straits/

In South China Sea, north of latitude of 12, China dominate by land base air force. South of latitude of 12, China and US share the power, no one dominate for now I think.

Vietnam don't have a meaningful navy comparing with China and US. Vietnam and many other countries can only dominate limited sea area along their coast.

In Malacca Strait case, US>Indonesia>China>Singapore>Malaysia for now. Once China 2 new Carrier Strike Groups are ready, China can make sure at least 2 Carrier Strike Groups are available anytime, then US>China>Indonesia>Singapore>Malaysia. Once H-20 are ready, China>US>Indonesia>Singapore>Malaysia.

LOL, You have inadvertently said the magic words... "Indonesia is the leader of ASEAN" , "Indonesia is foremost in ASEAN", or something similar will always trigger a particular Vietnam member here to react furiously..:hitwall::pissed:... It always does.:crazy:

With current political system, how to survive?

No single system is perfect for all. Each nation tailored their own to suit what they need and what's best for them. For Indonesia it's Demokrasi Pancasila (Democracy based on Pancasila values), we don't just copy and paste everything from the West. It just like communism in China with Chinese values.

Our history have proven that democracy is what we need and democracy based on our own values is what is best for our nation.

There always be challenges but we'll survive.

Those two are hopeless. People have seen what are they capable of in the last three years... OmDo

Dont spread lies here @Viet Singapore only control a very small area in Riau islands (near Singapore), and it also only a navigation control. Singapore airforce who crosses Indonesia airspace in that small area for instant will still get chased if they dont inform their present to Indonesian authorities. The navigation controls are also given by international institution (ICAO) who control world navigation air space, not something that Singapore forces to Indonesia. By the way, we try to take the navigation control back and have lobby International institution (ICAO) to do that.

Last edited:
Dont spread lies here @Viet Singapore only control a very small area in Riau islands (near Singapore), and it also only a navigation control. Singapore airforce who crosses Indonesia airspace in that small area for instant will still get chased if they dont inform their present to Indonesian authorities. The navigation controls are also given by international institution (ICAO) who control world navigation air space, not something that Singapore forces to Indonesia. By the way, we try to take the navigation control back and have lobby International institution (ICAO) to do that.
Anyone with a clear mind, just open the map, will see Indonesia definitely the biggest player in Strait of Malacca.

Indonesia is not city country, she is huge. Sumatera alone is the sixth biggest islands in the world.

From a purely military point of view, Sumatera is covered by tropical rainforest, very hard to be conquered. Any attack from Sumatera will block Strait of Malacca. That's why I said Indonesia actually have the very important influence on Strait of Malacca.

In this regard, China will be very glad to build mature and mutual trust relationship with Indonesia. China is investing Indonesia a lot in recent years.

Anyone with a clear mind, just open the map, will see Indonesia definitely the biggest player in Strait of Malacca.

Indonesia is not city country, she is huge. Sumatera alone is the sixth biggest islands in the world.

From a purely military point of view, Sumatera is covered by tropical rainforest, very hard to be conquered. Any attack from Sumatera will block Strait of Malacca. That's why I said Indonesia actually have the very important influence on Strait of Malacca.

In this regard, China will be very glad to build mature and mutual trust relationship with Indonesia. China is investing Indonesia a lot in recent years.

Yup, we still have many jungle in Sumatra and there are even still living many tigers there. Even in Java, where majority of our industries are located, there are still some large forest there. We are blessed that we have large islands and territory. Our lands seems to be big enough to sustain our population growth and industrial growth, thanks God for that.

Yup, I think Indonesia and China will improve their relationship in the future. There is opportunity for improving relation as one of them comes from Chinese investment in Indonesia recently. The hurdles though comes from the perspective that China is a traditional threat of Indonesia. The notion comes from Soeharto government policy who was influenced by cold war era perspective and his anti communist agenda. Thats why Indonesia and China didnt have diplomatic relation up until 1990 where the relation is normalized again.

Indonesia at the mean time try to stay neutral and not siding with either US and China in its geopolitics strategy, thats why Indonesian concept of Indo Pacific that it tries to promote on ASEAN level still include China, not like Indo Pacific concept of US and its allies who side line China.

Militarily Indonesia IMO in the future will buy more Chinese weapon, an action which come from the idea to diversify its weapon source and also is related to changed point of view of Indonesian strategies that China is not a threat to Indonesia. If there is no any incident happening in South China sea between Indonesia and China like happening some time ago, that point of view will be strengthen.

Maybe in 2024 it will be an young military figure who will came to capres..
I dont see anies is strong candidate right now..dont no couple next year..same like ahok..no chance too..dont know about puan..in my opinion she had weak leadership..
Maybe in next 2 or 3 year we will see who is strong candidate

Maybe in 2024 it will be an young military figure who will came to capres..
I dont see anies is strong candidate right now..dont no couple next year..same like ahok..no chance too..dont know about puan..in my opinion she had weak leadership..
Maybe in next 2 or 3 year we will see who is strong candidate

TGB is also another favorite one I believe, particularly if Jokowi appointed him as one of ministers in his new cabinet and he successfully deliver his mission. The thing that is quite positive is that almost all potential candidate is a men/women under 50 years old.

gubernur-ntb-tuan-guru-bajang_28052018_20180528_175151.jpg

Back
Top Bottom