What's new

After Failing to Provide Karachiites with a Public Transport System PPP Government Deprives them of Their Two Wheelers too

Exactly so. However, there are other parts to the key as well.

First: the people from Karachi need to stop peddling regional hatred. No Sindhi will support you or vote against PPP until you stop spraying your poison at them. They have their own apprehensions and a very vivid memory of how the Karachi walas treated the rest and voted only for themselves for decades. Like it or not, the Sindhi is the only one who can pull you out of this.

IMHO this tit for tat mentality (blame game) won't work either. ALL stake holders have their fair share of grievances and as such have to be addressed before the situation of the City get worsen.

Second: Hard introspection is required by the inhabitants of the city. This typically Pakistani 'soiling of own diaper' and then wailing in the corner for someone else to come clean it doesn't work. Time to grow up and start with the self and then demand the rest.

This mentality (kind of mayussi) is ingrained based on the repeated failure of previous Political Parties governing the City, and introspection was done and as a result you witness a shift towards giving votes to PTI was seen but it seems PTI was also NOT able to deliver...

Third: Stop peddling age-old ethno-nationalistic propaganda against the rest of Pakistan. Punjab, KPK, GB, AJK, and Balochistan have nothing and want nothing to do with how Karachi is governed. They don't owe anything more to Karachi than what Karachi owes to them. Be nice and they will support you, you need them.

Lately things have changed that OLD ethnic biased does not exist in my opinion any more "as much" as I mentioned earlier that Karachi is a "mini Pakistan" and for long Punjabis and Pathans have happily coexist with Urdu speaking people. On the other hand, there is a huge trust deficit when it comes to giving funding to Sindh Govt by the Federal Govt and the reasons are apparent to everyone (i.e. extreme incompetence and corruption etc)...and that is ONE of the major reason why most of the improvement initiatives stuck and never get completed...

Fourth: Step outside of Karachi and see how the rest of Pakistan is run. Will give perspective.

I 100% agree; people of Karachi IMHO seldom travel as they should be...may be bring back and include some cultural customs in their life style...I meant I would recommend to learn different languages as well as I find lately Saraiki to be the most sweetest language out there... make acquaintances outside will definitely have no harm but good in the long run...

Last edited:
You guys with your attitude after Mqm was kicked out proved that we were right in voting for MQM
Imagine somebody saying that for PTM. They would be lynched faster then a pajeet caught eating beef in India.

Deliver or leave.
So the expectation was to fix everything in 2.5 years? Probably need "Aladin Ka Charagh" more than any political party...and that will too give disappointing results...

Next you will hear stolen donkey's from Karachi,
this too happen mostly with racing donkeys, they cost in between 1.5-2.0 million on average.
Kitne logo ne apny muhally me Hoti chori rokne ki koshish ki Hy. ?
bhai Muhalley se bike chori nahi hoti .... bikes are mostly stolen from Parking areas, and from roads ....

I tell you an incident which is funny and sad at the same time

few years back a person in my office bought a new bike and was coming to office on that bike but near Guru Mandir round about two bikes with 2 person each approached to him from left and right in filmy style and one among them instructed my worker to stop the bike and hand it over to them on gunpoint ... that guy did the same like the obedient child and came to office on rickshaw.

Is that the main reason PTI lost in Karachi or do you see something more to it...?
2 by-election were held in Karachi one for seat of provincial assembly and the other was for National assembly

PPP won election of provincial assembly seat as it was traditionally their seat .... but PTI got votes more then expected.

In elections for National Assembly seat which was vacated due to resignation of Faisal Vada voters of that constituency basically rejected all parties as actual turnover was 5-7% PPP won that seat by by manipulations and unfair practices.

Last edited:
In elections for National Assembly seat which was vacated due to resignation of Faisal Vada voters of that constituency basically rejected all parties as actual turnover was 5-7% PPP won that seat by by manipulations and unfair practices.
Oh I see, that was expected from PPP, I sincerely hope people should give PTI a second chance...

So the expectation was to fix everything in 2.5 years?
we don't expect our dog [elected members of PTI in Sindh Assembly] to bite yet but the least it could do is to bark .....

and I don't think it is an unfair expectation ....

Oh I see, that was expected from PPP, I sincerely hope people should give PTI a second chance...

And why exactly that?

So that PTI can have another free ride in federal government based on the votes of people of Karachi?

And why exactly that?

So that PTI can have another free ride in federal government based on the votes of people of Karachi?

Aray Areesh mian...to or kon nikaley ga in kambakht masail se karachi ko ... hein .. kon :what:... :D

So the expectation was to fix everything in 2.5 years? Probably need "Aladin Ka Charagh" more than any political party...and that will too give disappointing results...
A lot can be done in metropolitans like Karachi in 2.5 years mate. Hell, in other cities around the globe dedicated governments have accomplished more than PTI has done for Karachi in a matter of weeks.

Look I'm not an IK hater but he used the traditional Pakistani politician tactic of making false promises to Karachi, cashing in with the votes and running away.

A lot can be done in metropolitans like Karachi in 2.5 years mate. Hell, in other cities around the globe dedicated governments have accomplished more than PTI has done for Karachi in a matter of weeks.

OK I agree here, but honestly tell me what options you guys have?... who you want to try next? ... believe me NO ONE in the Country want to see Karachi suffers...it is our "economic shehrag"... oh well while scrolling TheNews website I found very valid points which needs to be address by who ever you guys elect:

(1) Determine the exact population of Karachi and prepare the ‘master plan’, accordingly without which you cannot give due share for city’s development.

(2) Give Karachi, the status of a metropolitan city with all its manifestation like all metropolis or mega cities around the world.

(3) Whether through direct election or existing local bodies system, the elected mayor should be the ‘father’ of the whole city and not merely 34 percent.

(4) Karachi must have its own police commissioner and localized police system, above all political and ethnic consideration with zero political interference.

(5) Promote the culture of merit, both in jobs and education.

(6) Make Karachi hub of cultural activities and though institutions like Arts Council of Karachi, and NAPA playing its role much more is needed. City needs plan and not unplanned ‘food streets’.

(7) It is time for the complete revival of Karachi’s playgrounds and parks. Some 80 percent of these grounds and parks have been ‘sold’.

(8) Issue of "Katchi Abadis" should be resolved through proper displacement (if any).

(9) Terrorism and law and order, is only one aspect of the problem and the city cannot run for decades under ‘Rangers or para-military” or through unfinished operation. It requires a lasting political solution and a will to address the issue. Therefore, the role of the federal as well as Sindh governments is the key. But, they need to look to the solution above ‘ethnic-biased’, which is something missing.

(10) Karachi need ‘Karachi Action Plan’, after Karachi operation and that too on fast pace. Can you imagine a metropolitan city without a ‘master plan’ for almost 40 years and even the one prepared lack the vision. The city, which once was governed under Karachi Development Authority, KDA, had now been divided and sudden expansion of Cantonment Board and Defense Housing Authority, DHA, further aggravated the situation.

Look I'm not an IK hater but he used the traditional Pakistani politician tactic of making false promises to Karachi, cashing in with the votes and running away.

Brother you know the saying that "andhon mein kanra raja" right so in the current situation when Karachi have NO ONE credible on the horizon the best bet still would be PTI ... or otherwise if you can convince me about any other established Political power other than PPP...I am for it...

Hopefully with new census and consildation of PTI/MQM in karachi-hyderabad to 90-95%..PPPP will be over thrown

Not really...
Karachi hyderabad hold 40% seats now in which PPPP grabed 16% and PTI-MQM 75%

If
this number goes up to 60% seats in 2023(after 2022 census)

and if

karachi votes less then 5% for PPPP (like in punjab/KPK) then a karachi based party will take over and PPPP will be over

but if still manage 15-20% seats in karachi like 2018 or 30% like in 2013 then no...nothing will change even after census

I mean i do expectsome improvement with k IV and KCR in time frame of 2025-27

The Census take place every 10 yrs. The last census was in 2017, so the next one would be in 2027. Which means that Sindh and particularly Karachi & Hyderabad will suffer for another till atleast late 2028.

The only solution in my opinion is for all Karachittes to move and take your factories and business to Gwadar and let PPP role over a ghost town.

Back
Top Bottom