What's new

After Arjun, LCA, Now the turn of Nag

If that was as simple as that Nag would have been inducted some 15 years ago.

Since achieveing Technology incorported in NAG is not something devolping Grenade or Rocket Propelled grenade. Because of Technology incorporated in NAG, it has distinction of associating itself with Top American as well as Isreali Anti-Tanks missiles at much cheaper price.

If that was as simple as that Nag would have been inducted some 15 years ago.

if it was inducted 15 years ago it could have been a wire guided SACLOS missile and not a advance third-generation "fire-and-forget" missile ,even Javelin American third-gen ATGM only entered service in 1996 that to with 2.5km range ,Nag with 4km is much better ,while Spike developed by the Israel has range of 4km which currently is most advance ATGM in the world ,Nag will have 7km within 2 years

if it was inducted 15 years ago it could have been a wire guided SACLOS missile and not a advance third-generation "fire-and-forget" missile ,even Javelin American third-gen ATGM only entered service in 1996 that to with 2.5km range ,Nag with 4km is much better ,while Spike developed by the Israel has range of 4km which currently is most advance ATGM in the world ,Nag will have 7km within 2 years

How about waiting another decade in the lab, then you have fourth generation missile with 30 KM range??

What a argument .......you made my day:police:

How about waiting another decade in the lab,then you have fourth generation missile with 30 KM range??

What a argument .......you made my day:police:

Just for the sake of productionsing the a particuler missile as soon as possible doesn't gurantee the success of that missile in an actual warfare, in order to create solid foundation of Missile tech which is elite in itself, one need to endure complex technological even at the cost of Delays.

Technology incorported in a Nag is unachievable from external sources and at cheaper price of what it is now.

Technology incorported in a Nag is unachievable from external sources and at cheaper price of what it is now.

Finally, I came across someone who know something. Could you please provide what exactly is the price of new Nag Missile???

This time better be from some credible sources, than fan sites:what:

Finally, I came across someone who know something.

Now you realise someone know something.

Could you please provide what exactly is the price of new Nag Missile???

According to below link price of NAG is Rs. 30 Million each.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/columni..._name=SAWHNEY6.txt&writer=SAWHNEY&validit=yes

This time better be from some credible sources, than fan sites:what:

But do care to inform me wheather the contents of provided source is in line with your empty emotions.

Even though the site is showing error, I take you word on that.

So, Rs 30 Million is @Rs40/$ is $0.75Million.

Where as Javolin cost $75,000 and Spike cost $160,000.
Jan 10/07: RAFAEL and General Dynamics Santa Barbara Systems of Spain announce a $424.5 million contract with the Spanish Army for 2,600 SPIKE-LR missiles and 260 launchers missile systems

Even though the site is showing error, I take you word on that.

Just insert "price of Nag atgm" in google, then in very first page you will get the link mentioning this site

So, Rs 30 Million is @Rs40/$ is $0.75Million.

Where as Javolin cost $75,000 and Spike cost $160,000.

So is there any big differene in pricing.

Do care to tell me?

yes bro. $0.75 million = $750 000. Thats more than 5 times the value of spike and 10 times the value of Javelin.

I think there's a mistake. an ATGM cant cost $750 000. it must be $75 000 = Rs 3 million

I think Brother Kent, is still not convinced!!

Drill it down in his head one more time........which is cheaper???

Back
Top Bottom