What's new

Afridi Fined 4.5 Mn Rupees, But Cleared to Play Abroad

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Afridi Fined 4.5 Mn Rupees, But Cleared to Play Abroad

Sacked Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi was today slapped with a hefty fine of 4.5 million rupees by the PCB disciplinary committee after he pleaded guilty of breaching the Cricket Board's Code of Conduct at a hearing here.

Afridi was, however, granted no-objection certificate to play abroad, clearing the way for his appearance for Hampshire in English Twenty20 tournament.

The all-rounder pleaded guilty before the four-member committee to the charges of violating his central contract clauses in unilaterally announcing his retirement and criticising the PCB and its officials.

"The committee unanimously decided to fine him 4.5 million rupees (USD 53,000) for various breaches of code of conduct," PCB legal advisor Tafazzul Rizvi told reporters here.

"The committee recommended his NOCs to play abroad be restored, which Pakistan Cricket Board has endorsed," he said.

Reacting to the committee ruling, Afridi said he will not appeal against the imposition of fine.

"No, I will not appeal, the fine is okay with me. I attended the hearing basically because I wanted to resolve this matter as it has caused Pakistan cricket harm," he said.

"I am glad the matter is over now and I have got my NOC. I am thankful to the disciplinary committee for listening patiently to me and in a good atmosphere."

He said he is not interested in playing international cricket at the moment.

"Right now I am not thinking about playing international cricket. But I will be going to England to play for Hampshire. Let us see I have time before I decide anything about my future international career," he said.
FILED ON: JUN 16, 2011

news.outlookindia.com | Afridi Fined 4.5 Mn Rupees, But Cleared to Play Abroad

Since PCB has no other source of making money.. afridi rocks

He had to give NOC this Basterd Ijaz Butt... Coz Afridi kicked Ijaz But BUTT very Hard through Court .

This retard will play 'outside' for money, but not for Pakistan, why? becaz he was removed from captain-c?? what kind of sh!t is this? He was supposed to play for Pakistan in whatever capacity. :tdown:

^Remove the P word from your post Mr. racist. His being Pathan shouldn't have anything to do with his politics for captaincy.

Ok, hear me out please. I have an idea for a new thread. It's a solution for all our confusions.

Can we compile a list of all Pakistani cricketers, and find out from which format are they retired, available, banned, or captain? For example, Misbah might be retired from T20, available for selection in ODIs, and captain of the Test team. This list can be updated every week to keep all of us in the loop.

this is very interesting. if you saw s/afridi on tv wearing a red armani t-shirt. well he was sitting with me on PK-302 khi-lhr at 8am yesterday. he had a 'friend' with him. we exchanged pleasanteries and then he was engrossed in discussion with his friend - basically what has happened is that he has 'purchased' his NOC to play county in UK and then the big bash in AUS later this year. paying Rs,4.6 lakh or Mio is a 'small sum' compared to the $$$ he is going to make in UK/AUS.

ps; he is also getting ready to buy a 'fully loaded' BMW 7-series!!!

guess he finally gave up to create a so called formidable team, turned to his personal wishes and now in pursuit.... won't be surprised if he approaches IPL next year

guess he finally gave up to create a so called formidable team, turned to his personal wishes and now in pursuit.... won't be surprised if he approaches IPL next year

After the warm welcome we gave and the positive vibes which were there during the WC time , he let the whole nation down by a needless comment.

So its not possible.

I don't think the likes of Afridi and Sohail Tanvir are welcome in IPL.

There is nothing wrong what Afridi has done in my humble opinion.

This retard will play 'outside' for money, but not for Pakistan, why? becaz he was removed from captain-c?? what kind of sh!t is this? He was supposed to play for Pakistan in whatever capacity. :tdown:

he don't want captaincy, he said I'm ready to play under any captain.... he is just not satisfied with the attitude of the board...

people like you are the greatest enemy of the nation.
learn some respect, see Pakistanis as Pakistani, you racist!

Wrong! ipeople like you are the biggest enemy of pakistan who has no sense of accepting the realities on ground N are to lazy to get out of their own self made dream world,It has become a trends to spoil Pakistan's image n afridi is doing exactly that!Every1 representing Pakistan on world Map is making pakistan look further down and sadly ur also doing exactly that by showing ur sense of mind.

I m been brutally honest about afridi and i have my own reasons for that.let me try to put one thing in ur small RACIST!brain When i called him Pathan i was only talking about 1 individual not nation, EVen if he was punjabi sindhi belushi eng black etc i would have said the same thing...he is DONk! without any doubts

Afridi doesn't want to play under Waqar Younis this has to be the Best Joke of 21s century!!

He is right to do so. playing in country while having a butt as chairman PCB is not worth

Back
Top Bottom