What's new

African nation of Angola resentful of China Investment

Depending on interested rate for loan. Japanese ODA in Africa soft loan based . Maybe Chinese is unpalatable for loan interest?

Competitor threat, you are seen as competitor , size , population, yea!

Hey, patriot fellow, maybe your stay in U.S. make you too soft ? You are a China lover? Traitor?!

stupid japan person!

Hey, patriot fellow, maybe your stay in U.S. make you too soft ? You are a China lover? Traitor?!
Wow. We need to ask uncle sam to tighten the collar which is too loose for your neck.Tough guy!

ok... there's always 2 sides of the same coin.

You want a private bidding process? Ok sure, but the reason the bids should be made public after a bid has been chosen is for the public to see what their money got them. Did the road made with the bids get washed away? What about the much talked about hospitals how is their foundation stability?

The reason the Africans despots like the Chinese is that they are willing to get into hot zones and organize projects. And not interfere with the domestic policies. Who's going to invest $14 million into the Somali telecommunications?

When you work with the Chinese there's an all around relationship; Political, Economic, and Military. While aid given by Western nations comes through NGOs, China gives it at the State level, maximizing it's interests. I'm not going to care if Save the Children stops their Education program in Angola, if the Chinese government is willing to hand out $24 Billion in aid, all without questions to their usage.

There's enough money to go around and enough to be made, what's it to them if a iPhone made in China will cost 1 cent extra because the local warlord wants a cut? That iPhone is still going to be 7+x cheaper than one made in America.

I'm not bashing China's involvement in Africa, don't get me wrong.

Here's an interesting read, quite neutral from Stratfor: China's Roar in Africa | Stratfor

There's a reason why China always ask for the loan to be invested in infrastruture. The regime can corrupted all the money but infrastruture no matter what can hardly be taken away. For example, roads, bridge and building. End of the day, these things will benefit the mass and not just cash hands out which can disappear quickly.

The west can never do that.

I think you have poor view of issue please understand that
Yeah . I only have poor view of issue. But I am sure there are some US military bases in Japan and you guys need to pay the cost of deploy and your people have protested that for many times. Am I right , tough guy ?

Why are African countries so poor, good thing China is ready to provide help, Africans should be thankful.

Yeah . I only have poor view of issue. But I am sure there are some US military bases in Japan and you guys need to pay the cost of deploy and your people have protested that for many times. Am I right , tough guy ?

You don't know ? That US will be asked to leave Japan eventually. Even in Okinawa they are ask to distribute their force to Guam. Your view is poor limited please study more, Chinese

Maybe Japan should have military bases in China for peace

You don't know ? That US will be asked to leave Japan eventually. Even in Okinawa they are ask to distribute their force to Guam. Your view is poor limited please study more, Chinese

Yep, My view is too limited for me to understand why USA can deploy so many army and military equipment in Japan in the first place.and Japanese need to pay for that. Can you tell me why?:usflag:

Maybe Japan should have military bases in China for peace

Wow Dai Nippon teikoku is coming back !

This time we will not bother Uncle Sam.

Last edited:

Okinawans have been asking that for some 40 years and they have thus far ended up being raped, brutalized and killed by the very foreigners that Japan partly funds. So, when is "eventually?" The whole Okinawa have been kept backward and service-catering oriented just because the government in Tokyo wanted to create a marine paradise. Do you think they really care about what Okinawans think or want?

I, for one, am for a complete removal of US military personnel from Japan. But your country has never been a normal, sovereign country. So, posing tough guy against China won't cut anything.

Back
Top Bottom