What's new

Afia Siddiqui sentenced to 86 years

Of course they are but they should not expect any sympathy from Government of Pakistan if they commit crime somewhere in the world.Besides if some Pakistani Origin Briton or any other American wins any sports game or anything along those lines you'd think they will say Pakistani won this?Of course not.

with all due respect sir, what happened in the case with those British born attackers in London on 07/07; Faisal Shahzad, etc.

all non-Pakistani citizens --yet Pakistan was taking all the heat.

9-23-2010_71823_l.gif

WASHINGTON: US court has issued 76 years sentence to Dr. Afia Siddiuqi on seven counts, Geo News reported Thursday.

“I want no bloodshed over my conviction and sentence,” Dr. Afia who was present in court said after the announcement of the sentence.

Reacting angrily to the news, Dr. Fouzia Siddiqui, sister of Dr. Afia, at a press conference blamed Pakistani rulers for the sentence. “They (Pakistani rulers) failed to honour their promises to bring Dr. Afia back to Pakistan,” she added.

Geo news

If true this is going to be the PR disaster for americans, as far as pakistani peoples on street r concerend, and it will be a recruting bonanza for all jihadi organisations. :tdown:

No dear no PR disaster despite the world have seen the biased and one sided trial.

May Allah make her journey easy.

Laanat on all of those who played politics and US foot kissing by framing her.

:tdown:

No dear no PR disaster despite the world have seen the biased and one sided trial.

May Allah make her journey easy.

Laanat on all of those who played politics and US foot kissing by framing her.
:tdown:

I'm sorry but could you please elaborate why you think she was framed? From what I get she was a US citizen who attempted to shoot US soldiers, or am I missing something here?

If true this is going to be the PR disaster for americans, as far as pakistani peoples on street r concerend, and it will be a recruting bonanza for all jihadi organisations. :tdown:

unfortunately, I have no doubt about that!!

I'm sorry but could you please elaborate why you think she was framed? From what I get she was a US citizen who attempted to shoot US soldiers, or am I missing something here?

Bandit everyone knows what happened. She disappeared from Karachi (read some moron from our agencies handed her over to US) then after many years of forced brutal confinement she was found at Afghan Gitmo at Bagram Airbase run by US invaders.

Now dear when she was shown to media her health and physical condition was not at all good. It was fictiouse to assume that a lady who could not move had snatched a gun from US solider that TOO IN Afghanistan and tried to kill him.

Whatever her links with anyone that is another matter and should have been probed BUT sentencing her on the basis of a lie of attacking US invaders in Afghanistan is a such a shame for civilized world.

They have kidnapped small kids of her. Her son and two daughters all were so small that after many years they even did not remember their ownself while in US invaders' custody in Afghanistan.

Her son was recovered from Afghanistan but by the time he was kidnapped he was a small kid of few years

her other two kids are still missing :cry:

Bandit everyone knows what happened. She disappeared from Karachi (read some moron from our agencies handed her over to US) then after many years of forced brutal confinement she was found at Afghan Gitmo at Bagram Airbase run by US invaders.

Now dear when she was shown to media her health and physical condition was not at all good. It was fictiouse to assume that a lady who could not move had snatched a gun from US solider that TOO IN Afghanistan and tried to kill him.

Whatever her links with anyone that is another matter and should have been probed BUT sentencing her on the basis of a lie of attacking US invaders in Afghanistan is a such a shame for civilized world.

They have kidnapped small kids of her. Her son and two daughters all were so small that after many years they even did not remember their ownself while in US invaders' custody in Afghanistan.

Her son was recovered from Afghanistan but by the time he was kidnapped he was a small kid of few years

her other two kids are still missing :cry:

:frown::angry::angry: If this is the Inside story then it is despicable....why isn't Amnesty or some other HR agency speaking out on her behalf...?

:frown::angry::angry: If this is the Inside story then it is despicable....why isn't Amnesty or some other HR agency speaking out on her behalf...?

her case came to public attention when British Journalist Riddly found her at Bagram Airbase prison.

The Brit lady embraced Islam has been fighting for Afia by highlighting her plight at the hands of US army but alas the world is indeed not fair.

Afia's ex-husband is said to be FBI agent who also played role in framing her

Why is she got more time than Faisal Shazad?
As i know she is convicted to attack US soldier while interogation... in Bagram jail! her act sounds more like an anger reaction but than she was reported as tortured and punished by murdering her baby in front of her eyes...
This is no justice.

I feel sorry for Afia :cry: - really almost cried for her

Whether she was a criminal or not....Americans did not treat her well and by her look anybody can guess from the torture she has gone through.

Even the criminals has their rights and this girl already had enough of all this. Oh yes.....So called Afia's haters are are most welcome to criticize this post

Amnesty was present at the trial, I don't think this inside story is that believable, the only glitch seemed whether to pronounce her as mentally sick or not.

HAH!!! you've got to be joking me.

Amnesty International's role was to ''assess'' the fairness of the trial; but not ''comment'' or judge on the fairness of it

Amnesty International’s interest in monitoring the trial is to assess the fairness of the proceedings, given many unresolved questions surrounding the case. Although it is unclear whether the trial will provide any information on Dr Siddiqui’s whereabouts prior to 17 July 2008, there remain questions about the immediate circumstances leading to the charges. Amnesty International takes no position on the fairness of the proceedings at this stage and has no information to confirm Dr Siddiqui’s whereabouts during the time of her alleged disappearance. Amnesty International’s observer will report back to the international office of Amnesty International in London.

Document - USA: Amnesty International to observe the trial of Dr Aafia Siddiqui | Amnesty International

in other words; they wanted to score brownie points by being PRESENT. But not being as vocal as they are on other issues, like ''disappeared persons'' in Pakistan, or other issues worldwide. Go figure!!!!

''assess''

:disagree:

dawoos log

What was a bright woman like her doing in Afhganistan at the time of war???? She should be smarter than that. And 86 years??? Is US judicial system gone nutts?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom