What's new

Afghanistan seeks India’s help as West pullout nears

Who is they? Hamid Karzai is highly in favour to India, many Afghanis like India, our culture and our behaviour during the US war as well. I have many Afghani friends here in Germany, with similar point of views about India, so I can't see that Afghanistan as a whole would be against us at all.
I agree with you that it is not stable today, but one more reason for us to intervene their with any nonmilitaric help, because stability in our region is the best for Indias growth too!
I am not a fan of the Taliban and their views either, but you can't beat them as long as they have still so much support that's what the British, Russians and US learned the hard way. India once again has to show that there are other/better ways to deal with such things in a peaceful way.

They is afghans on forums and social networking sites. Real afghans. From whatever i've seen they are very anti India. Of course some have positive image of India and like our movies but they are still very anti hindu. Karzai isn't respected much within Afghanistan.

I'm still OK with non military help. but we don't need to ramp it up drastically. current setup is more than enough.

Who is they? Hamid Karzai is highly in favour to India, many Afghanis like India, our culture and our behaviour during the US war as well. I have many Afghani friends here in Germany, with similar point of views about India, so I can't see that Afghanistan as a whole would be against us at all.
I agree with you that it is not stable today, but one more reason for us to intervene their with any nonmilitaric help, because stability in our region is the best for Indias growth too!
I am not a fan of the Taliban and their views either, but you can't beat them as long as they have still so much support that's what the British, Russians and US learned the hard way. India once again has to show that there are other/better ways to deal with such things in a peaceful way.

They is afghans on forums and social networking sites. Real afghans. From whatever i've seen they are very anti India. Of course some have positive image of India and like our movies but they are still very anti hindu. Karzai isn't respected much within Afghanistan.

I'm still OK with non military help. but we don't need to ramp it up drastically. current setup is more than enough.

India already said to spent $1.5 billion and pledged another $500 million last year. What has india to show for? And after US pullout prospect of indian feet on the ground even more distant possibility.
Indian PM pledges 500 mln USD fund to Afghanistan

KABUL, May 12 (Xinhua) -- Visiting Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh pledged additional 500 million U.S. dollars to the war-torn Afghanistan on Thursday.

India has contributed some 1.5 billion U.S. dollars to the post- Taliban Afghanistan since 2002 to help rebuild the war-battered country.

"India has contributed around 1.5 billion U.S. dollars so far and would contribute another 500 million U.S. dollars within the next few years," Prime Minister Singh told reporters at a joint press conference with President Hamid Karzai at his fortified Palace.

Indian PM pledges 500 mln USD fund to Afghanistan

Karzai's A** is definitely Grass as soon as NATO departs. It is time for Pakistan to stop all transit of Indian goods through Pakistan.

India already said to spent $1.5 billion and pledged another $500 million last year. What has india to show for? And after US pullout prospect of indian feet on the ground even more distant possibility.

Wait and see. Indian investment in Afghanistan has already crossed 10 billion USD.

Karzai's A** is definitely Grass as soon as NATO departs. It is time for Pakistan to stop all transit of Indian goods through Pakistan.

Good joke:tup:

Btw, when are you going to start stopping US drones carrying bombs killing innocent pakistani civilians?

Just as soon as you arrest Narendra Modi , the mass murderer of 3000+ innocent Indian citizens.

You must be drunk, sage.

Modi is an icon. Haters will hate. They will tag him murderer, but reality is that because of people like
him, Gujarat stood its ground shining with power while the rest of North India blacked out with
a power plant malfunction, power plants which were not maintained for 30+ years.

And even if some people were killed in riots, I refuse to believe any of them were "innocents."

Rioting and killing our own people is one thing, sitting and watching when foreigners send drones to
kill YOUR people, its a whole different situation. Pakistan needs to do something about it.

wow, we are helping them non militarily, they are your muslim brothers... have you guys helped them pratically?? Or just big talk like a mullah giving token sermons every morning ?

elaborate on that please !!

But Pakistanis who are stuck in the middle of these two countries are feeling suffocated,

Obviously, Indian diplomats have worked overtime to change the environment for India in the central & south Asian region, it's pretty interesting to note that when China is forming a "strings of pearls" around India than India itself is applying the same around Pakistan, technically Pakistan has only 2 neighbors apart from India (since P0K is ours ;) ) & India has forge strategic relationship with both of them, Afghanistan since the end of Taliban rule has constantly tried to move away from the dependence on Pakistan & the best option it can get is India, India has done wonders for Afghanistan & also has kept a low profile when NATO forces were holding the ground, India has built an alternate sea route for trade of Afghanistan (by building road & rail link to Iran's Chabhar port), & the task of rebuilding Afghanistan with infrastructural & other projects that India has taken has helped India build it's positive image in Afghanistan, we should be proud that the current Afghanistan parliament (on which the very democracy of Afghanistan depends) is built by Indian assistance, India is the largest regional donor to Afghanistan. So there is no doubt that Pakistan is feeling threatened with India building strong relations with one of it's neighbors with whom it shares a long border.

Same goes for Iran, building of Chabhar port with Indian assistance when China did the same with Gwadar port, thus Chabhar provide an alternative to Gwadar since the distance between the two is very minimal, not only this India has taken up the task of connecting this port to Afghanistan & CAR by building Roads & Railways in Iran & Afghanistan. Plus i was surprised to note some time back that India has finalized a strategic partnership with Iran that will give us the rights to use Iranian military bases at a time of Indo-Pak war:

Indian aeronautical engineers will help Iran maintain and upgrade its Russian-made MiG-29 fighter aircraft. According to some press accounts, New Delhi will have the right to use Iranian military bases for combat operations against Pakistan should another Indo-Pakistani war break out.

http://www.wilsoncenter.org/sites/default/files/asia_rpt_120rev_0.pdf

+ Not only the Pakistani neighborhood that India has built close relations with but extended as well, we all know about the Farkhor Air base which the IAF is operating, in fact Musharraf objected to it by saying that Indian planes can reach Pakistan in minutes (maybe he was wondering if IAF's sukhoi 30s were not enough , all along the western border with Pakistan, for India :lol:). Plus the KSA & other Gulf states as well are starting to form better relations with India so are the CARs.

So it is no wonder that the Pakistanis are feeling threatened when they don't have any hint whatsoever from where will the attack come in case of another war with India :D

Its high time that that India set up commando training center in Afghanistan and an ordnance factory along with providing some upgraded T-72 tanks and canons.

Same goes for Iran, building of Chabhar port with Indian assistance when China did the same with Gwadar port, thus Chabhar provide an alternative to Gwadar since the distance between the two is very minimal, not only this India has taken up the task of connecting this port to Afghanistan & CAR by building Roads & Railways in Iran & Afghanistan.

What has india carried to Afghanistan through Chabhar? And if Chabhar is the answer and alternative to access through Pakistan then why india is crying river for Pakistani transit so much so india even try to ride on uncle shoulder for Pakistani transit.

Perhaps ex indian diplomat M K Bhadrakumar who served in central asian region, put out of place indian big talk in prospective

"As things stand, the only viable logistical link we can establish with Afghanistan is through outer space. Maybe, NASA Headquarters in Washington could help the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota? Yet, South Block seems cocksure it’s on the ‘right side of history’. "

Indian Punchline - Reflections on foreign affairs

What has india carried to Afghanistan through Chabhar? And if Chabhar is the answer and alternative to access through Pakistan then why india is crying river for Pakistani transit so much so india even try to ride on uncle shoulder for Pakistani transit.

First India is not crying for transit to Afghanistan, India have started using Chabahar to export food grains into Afghanistan.

many afghans are delusional. one must understand that mass delusion and arrogance runs in the middle eastern blood. most have a complex. whether it be iranians, afghans, arabs... their culture does not tell them to be humble.

Just as soon as you arrest Narendra Modi , the mass murderer of 3000+ innocent Indian citizens.
Brother please provide us proofs before posting your baseless claims here . Indian presence in Afghanistan would be a direct threat for Pakistan in future .

---Its important that 1-2 squadrons of Su-30MKI and 2 regiments of BrahMos Block-II missiles and atleast
15k IA troops are based in Afghanistan starting 2014.
Their is no need to place any of our National asset in Afghanistan....The best way to go forward is to provide training and equipments to Afghan soilders,pilots and their special forces.......Let them stand on their own feet....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom