What's new

Afghanistan: India packing its bags?

Attack on one more consulate will make Pakistan's life difficult and it will be heading into a quagmire. Attack on Kabul embassy has already put a lot of pressure on ISI and Pak govt., if you don't remember.

If Pakistan could do it, it would have done it.

Ye bachchon ka khel nahi, Jaani.

Any attack on Indian consulates will invite swift diplomatic and other responses. Pakistan can try to do it through terrorists in a deniable manner and no one will be fooled.

There is no way Pakistani "forces" can do it, the same forces who could not win a god damned part of a district against some lumpens in their own country for months.

Any attack on Indian consulates will invite swift diplomatic and other responses. Pakistan can try to do it through terrorists in a deniable manner and no one will be fooled.

There is no way Pakistani "forces" can do it, the same forces who could not win a god damned part of a district against some lumpens in their own country for months.

Exactly my point. The more they attack, the more they invite military forces in Afghanistan from India.

yes... and we will bomb the heck out of pakistan... ...how does it sound..? as an administrator u r pratically encouraging suicide bombing which is rather.. lame

If you had the guts to do it, your politicians and military would have done it without waiting for you to make your ignorant and hollow threats. You think, India is in a position to prove its domination against Pakistan ???...... well, lets not go there, shall we......... :crazy:

This shows that you haven't really been following the news and have just woken up from your deep slumber. Even americans won't make this claim today in af-tan, what are you in af-tan, a non entity. our reach in af-tan crosses all limits of your innocent imagination. :hitwall:

Exactly my point. The more they attack, the more they invite military forces in Afghanistan from India.

As if you can bring in more forces than USSR or US and NATO and have more technological advantage than them. Your love affair with af-tan is nascent, ours deep rooted. Your reach is superficial, based on unpopular regime and limited to economic interests viz-a- viz ours based on understanding of their dynamics and tribal mentality. :lol:

Last edited:
yes... and we will bomb the heck out of pakistan... ...how does it sound..? as an administrator u r pratically encouraging suicide bombing which is rather.. lame

I think his response was more along the lines of targeting official Indian targets, in response to attacks against both Pakistani civilians and security forces by groups deemed to be sponsored by the GoA and India, in Baluchistan , FATA and elsewhere.

Shouldn't be done until after we go on a massive publicity campaign against India's role in sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan.

Quite frankly, the only reason there will be a hue and cry if Pakistan did this in Afghanistan, is because NATO is in Afghanistan. I doubt anybody is going to care once NATO leaves.

A response to Indian terrorism in Pakistan is only prevented by NATO, otherwise that highway and the consulates would be embers by now.

India is more than welcome to send troops in Afghanistan as would be in Pakistan's favor but "unfortunately" I don't see it happening any time soon.

So funny to see that US and NATO are trying to make an exit strategy from Afghanistan through dialogue and some Indians want India to jump in.

Even if US asks India to come into Afghanistan, India would never send troops there. India knows well Afghanistan will become India's Vietnam. :agree:

I think his response was more along the lines of targeting official Indian targets, in response to attacks against both Pakistani civilians and security forces by groups deemed to be sponsored by the GoA and India, in Baluchistan , FATA and elsewhere.

Shouldn't be done until after we go on a massive publicity campaign against India's role in sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan.

Quite frankly, the only reason there will be a hue and cry if Pakistan did this in Afghanistan, is because NATO is in Afghanistan. I doubt anybody is going to care once NATO leaves.

A response to Indian terrorism in Pakistan is only prevented by NATO, otherwise that highway and the consulates would be embers by now.

Well India and Indians have denied any involvement, and frankly there is precious little support and evidence for Pakistan's accusations. Most analysts consider this as Pakistan's impulsive response - blaming India, that is.

However, you are basically saying that its okay for Pakistan to bomb Indian consulates - which is effectively an act of war against India. That really won't do too much good for Pakistan's PR.

Also, I doubt that NATO will be leaving Afghanistan very soon. Not for the next 5 years at least, as far as I can see.

Well India and Indians have denied any involvement, and frankly there is precious little support and evidence for Pakistan's accusations. Most analysts consider this as Pakistan's impulsive response - blaming India, that is.

However, you are basically saying that its okay for Pakistan to bomb Indian consulates - which is effectively an act of war against India. That really won't do too much good for Pakistan's PR.

Also, I doubt that NATO will be leaving Afghanistan very soon. Not for the next 5 years at least, as far as I can see.

I am saying in retaliation for terrorism in Pakistan, Pakistan might consider the option of attacking Indian interests in Afghanistan. The 'declaration of war' would already have been issued through Indian terrorism in Pakistan - Pakistan would be reacting.

In either case, even if Pakistan does not make its case against India first, no one is going to care once NATO leaves - how long NATO stays is a different question.

Well, i can see that our Indian friends are very excited about their presence in af-tan. As i said gents, your love affair is just recent and you would be better advised to have a close look at the history of af-tan. To cut long story short, all super powers of the times have tried their luck in the unfortunate land but none could establish permanent foothold and may i point out each tried to establish some form of government there but the fiercely independent and tribal minded people threw the yoke. Afghanistan can't be ruled by dictator ship let alone the foreign and completely alien notion of democracy.
You think that americans and NATO will stay there forever. Just look at Iraq, one can see the preparation already to leave. So 5-10 years from here on when they leave af-tan after fulfilled or unfulfilled agenda, where will India stand with all its billions of investment ??? now, i am not against reconstruction of the country but what i want to point out is that af-tan is not going to stay as it is now. Secondly, af-tan is our neighbour and therefore an important country for us. You can't deny Pakistan, the reach and influence that it has because of the natural factors and also because of the long involvement there. No body can feel their pulse like Pakistan can. we did our share of mistakes by completely blocking you from there but it seems that you have not learnt your lessons from us by trying to foment trouble for us with your newfound relations. I think this is the time that Indian policymakers should stop trying to make the same mistake of considering af-tan a back yard because it is sure recipe for disaster. By compulsion, we can't ignore af-tan so if anyone tries to use afghani soil for creating difficulties for us should be prepared to face the music when the scenary changes. It is better for both countries to let afghans have their own way and don't use the land for troubling eachother and respecting eachother's legitimate interests. :cheers:

After the 2002 terrorist attack on Indian Parliament, India seriously considered preemptive strike on socalled terrorst camps in Pakistan, massed up 1 million troops along the border...even lead an overambitious anti-Pakistan comaign claiming that not Afghanistan but Pakistan was the center of global terorism and should be attacked.

With growing attacks on Pakistani soil we have a good case to start an active compaign against India and depand closure of some consulates near the border. If they're really meant to provide security to the Indian civil engineers and workers I'm sure Nato or UN can provide the umbrella.

India is not the only country to have a pre-emptive design, we have a worked out strategy of our own. :coffee:

Well, i can see that our Indian friends are very excited about their presence in af-tan. As i said gents, your love affair is just recent and you would be better advised to have a close look at the history of af-tan. To cut long story short, all super powers of the times have tried their luck in the unfortunate land but none could establish permanent foothold and may i point out each tried to establish some form of government there but the fiercely independent and tribal minded people threw the yoke. Afghanistan can't be ruled by dictator ship let alone the foreign and completely alien notion of democracy.
You think that americans and NATO will stay there forever. Just look at Iraq, one can see the preparation already to leave. So 5-10 years from here on when they leave af-tan after fulfilled or unfulfilled agenda, where will India stand with all its billions of investment ??? now, i am not against reconstruction of the country but what i want to point out is that af-tan is not going to stay as it is now. Secondly, af-tan is our neighbour and therefore an important country for us. You can't deny Pakistan, the reach and influence that it has because of the natural factors and also because of the long involvement there. No body can feel their pulse like Pakistan can. we did our share of mistakes by completely blocking you from there but it seems that you have not learnt your lessons from us by trying to foment trouble for us with your newfound relations. I think this is the time that Indian policymakers should stop trying to make the same mistake of considering af-tan a back yard because it is sure recipe for disaster. By compulsion, we can't ignore af-tan so if anyone tries to use afghani soil for creating difficulties for us should be prepared to face the music when the scenary changes. It is better for both countries to let afghans have their own way and don't use the land for troubling eachother and respecting eachother's legitimate interests. :cheers:

You say you have genuine and legitimate interests in Afghanistan. What good did you do to Afghanistan in its development. You are only interested in using Afghanistan as your backyard to foment trouble all over.

India's main interest in Afghanistan is to avoid it becoming a failed state again that becomes a heaven for terrorism like in the bad old days of Taliban.

That is pretty much the same for NATO.

Hmmm.... Need more evidence, no hyperboles please. And who are those that are carrying out these acts in your own backyard, taliban or Raw agents?, according to you.

You deny involvement of RAW in sponsored terrorism against Pakistan, against Sri lankans, against Bangladesh, against any neighbouring country for that matter, than why don't you do away with such a notorious organization which is a white elephant interms of its funding and a nuisance for neighbours while sending the staff on extended leave. :lol:

I guess, they are more busy in their extracurricular activities. :enjoy:

Panel to probe RAW sexual harassment

Is it then fair to call it a failed intelligence agency because they have failed to stop terrorist attacks in India as well and also the talk of bitter rivalry between them and their civilian counterpart. Failure on both external and internal front hence failure as an agency.

I see some people eagerly awaiting the NATO to leave so that they can have the good old days (from their perspective) of Taliban and openly running terror camps back.

Well, those days are gone for good. The World no longer has the patience for it and will come down very hard on any state sponsored terror.

You deny involvement of RAW in sponsored terrorism against Pakistan, against Sri lankans, against Bangladesh, against any neighbouring country for that matter, than why don't you do away with such a notorious organization which is a white elephant interms of its funding and a nuisance for neighbours while sending the staff on extended leave. :lol:

I guess, they are more busy in their extracurricular activities. :enjoy:

Panel to probe RAW sexual harassment

Is it then fair to call it a failed intelligence agency because they have failed to stop terrorist attacks in India as well and also the talk of bitter rivalry between them and their civilian counterpart. Failure on both external and internal front hence failure as an agency.

Failure or no failure, only time will tell. Who knows what they are cooking up?. Never underestimate any intelligence agency, for you never know what their successes are, because, most of it doesn't come into public domain.

You say you have genuine and legitimate interests in Afghanistan. What good did you do to Afghanistan in its development. You are only interested in using Afghanistan as your backyard to foment trouble all over.

For starter we took more than 3.5 million refugees, more than any other country and supported them against the Sovjets during the Sovjet invasion.
What did you do..?

In the WoT era it was Pakistan who suggested and organised Afghan donor group and since 2001 we've donated or invested more than 500 million dollars in this war torn and unfriendly to Pakistan country, sent doctors and engineers to them and even donated a kidney hospital recently.

As neighboring country we have vested interests in Afghanistan, our presence more genuine and legitimate than any other contries.

Indian presence in Afghanistan is widely interpretted as to contain Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom