What's new

Afghanistan has broken chains of slavery - PM Imran Khan

Why do you prefer living as a second class citizen in land of kuffar over a dignified life in citadel of Islam? We only wear jeans but you literally clean their toilets drive their taxis and serve them food. Practice what you preach and also biting the hand that feeds you, no one likes namak Harams

The problem here is classism, you think you are better than the average pakistani, b/c you have adopted western norms(not in any reasonable way beyond mimicry of aesthetics), and the one wearing a shalwar kameez in western land does not see himself as lesser than the white man sinply b/c he wears different things. you suffer from an inferiority complex.

No one is suggesting that one should not take from others that which is beneficial, but one should not lose a sense of self either. There are axiomatic elements that one needs to be cognizant of in determining such things.

Begum phadda gora culture is bad/good is not issue. Issue is taking pride in your own culture. Giving respect to your own culture and language . Its about self respect ... You want Pakistan to be great but you dont see its greatness in culturally being desi ... You see greatness in all things foriegn. You want it to be great with westernisation not with your own culture dress language cuisine music. Thats the facking problem. That lack of self respect. That lack of dignty. That freedom from mental slavery hasnt come to you guys. Your izzat is in your baap dadas and culture and their baap dadas culture not in goras culture. You want to be izzatdar be and see ur self izzatdar in shalwar kameez with urdu roti salan ... When you as a nation achieved that everyone accept u as izzatdar and respect you.

A niggr didnt be white ... He formed his own culture ... Witg trousers off their *** ... N their nickers showing their asshxles but despite that they thought believed talked walked as if their way is dignified ... Guess what now if u wana be cool and ur nicker aint showing and ur trouser aint half way down ur legs ... U aint cool ... U gota do those hand moves walk like u are disabled n ur cool ... Why ... They carried that delinquency and monkeyish ape like walk talk thinking they got dignity n they cool ... Its not what is good ... Its how u carry it makes it good ... Strippers ... What do they do ... Strip naked ... But guess what ... All women wana wear less clothes as possible when ever possible ... Why ... Cause those strippers carried their shamelwssness with pride and rhinking its dignity ... If u carry ur culture clothes .... With thar much confidwnce pride and beleving ur dignifies others will see it as such ... But mental slavery has u beleving ur culture language etc is hackward n u gota have izzat in foeiegn culture ...

Fascinating post.

People in Pakistan complain about how we are losing our best due to outward migration and now I can see why.

Citadel of Islam ... Lol ... Only thing it is citadel of it is of slavery to Americans.
To bhai UK knsa bht shariat wala mulk ha, itna hi msla ha west se to wahan kya kr rha ha? Pakistan se msla ha to Afghanistan chalay jao wahan to Sachi pakki shariat ha na? Atleast UK se zyada ha lekin shayad wahan Taliban tm logo ko grooming na krne dn jske k liye tum Europe mn famous ho sath mn hmara nam b badnam kiya hwa ha.

I don't care much about traditions, I care about culture and its evolution. Its okay to borrow from other civilizations if its a good idea, this is how progress is done.

Dude, go to japan. The most technically advanced nation bar none. Everything in Japanese. You can't step outside your house without a firm grasp of Japanese.

Lack of English didn't stop them.

And am British ... And i would fight for its defence in time of its need.
A gya na aukaat p. Nasal dar nasal ghulam.
FB_IMG_1621594270050.jpg

The problem here is classism, you think you are better than the average pakistani, b/c you have adopted western norms
Literally no one implied that here,stop projecting and it's not slavery to aspire for a modern progressive country.

Indeed equality is important. Look here in spain we have all education in spainsh or local language Catalan. Those who wants to learn English or any other language there are language schools. Traditional schools are providing education . Language schools are providing language classes. Simple is that. Everyone has same education from rich to poor.

There are two ways to achieve this equality of education: one is to bring everyone up to the highest levels achievable. The other, as you can guess, is to bring everyone down to a minimum achievable level. Guess where the SNC falls?

Okay so you Pakistanis want to become and seen as equal?

How do you do it?

By becoming f**king rich. Become 1st world and earn everyones respect. This means you have to work together consistently for decades and not steal from each other like street rats, does this really have to be this hard?

yeah except that is haram and jahili, no one is suggesting you keep jahiliya that exists in urf(culture), what is being suggested is that when one adops things, they adopt things in a reasonable way, and a contextualized way, one in which you adopt things which are halal and beneficial, instead of copy and pasting whatever is floating around and declaring it the pinnacle of civility.

True, but what exactly are we copy-pasting and calling the pinnacle of civility?

The English language? That's a global language at this point.

The style of dressing? No one in the world wears traditional dresses, they're not practical anymore in workplaces. And no one wears jeans to "show off."

Feminism? Not really culture but a consequence of free thought.

Poor Sir Syed Ahmed Khan - the mental slave

Sir with all due respect he promoted science not english literature and manners which could only produce tajzia nigaar & clerks e.g look at our civil service not a single professional around and how it impacted the country's gdp .

Plz tell me if the convants and other elite schools have ever produced a scientist in Pakistan? Fine arts and literature amuses people but amusement is best suited for only sundays

yeah but don't you think it has to do with us knowing both Latin and farsi scripts

instead of Arabs, or Persians knowing just knowing their own scripts?

also I am interested to know what kind of changes you suggest in our farsi script to make it a better fit for Urdu becoming a truly mainstream written language (I believe that's what you are suggesting)

I think it's more to do with that English is given a bigger priority in private institutions as well as government schools in Urban areas.

The primary language of instruction is English, while Urdu was bound to weekly courses.

On top of that, the language's syllabus and content is outdated, the progression is very slow.

Like other languages have developed formal stages, like in European languages so that it's easy to identify a level A1-C1, Urdu should have some system in place for language learning.

As of now, for our convenience, we have so many loan words from English in our spoken language, we use them too much. These need to be changed back to their Urdu counterparts.

As for changes in Farsi script. I am not sure. I personally always have felt that the farsi script does not suit Urdu, but that's just my opinion. I think the Latin script is more suiting but still the Farsi script is traditional.

Sir with all due respect he promoted science not english literature and manners which could only produce tajzia nigaar & clerks e.g look at our civil service not a single professional around and how it impacted the country's gdp .

Plz tell me if the convants and other elite schools has ever produced a scientist in Pakistan? Fine arts and literature amuses people but amusement is best suited for only sundays
Absolutely they have and it is a very broad generalization with zero substance. The number of my supposed “elite” schoolmates( even though it was run by DHA aka the Army) in medical science and tech along with economics - leading places both home and abroad in sciences is far greater than those of literature or arts. They are now on track to be leading cardiologists who are coming back to Pakistan from abroad to contribute by teaching in local universities. People from convents in Pakistan now lead TCF and other philanthropy foundations which the government mediums are busy leading the zakat & aukaf foundation looting millions. So this compartmentalizations of liberal, elite goes only so far in driving some sort of injustice or underdog story. As for literature and tajziakaar .. the literature goes into Urdu and other languages and the Tajziakaar into journalism. Art contributes to culture other than guns or mujras as the only aspect of culture to show.

The PM was not talking of science or literature - he made the generalized statement of wanting to switch to urdu in every aspect. Which, oddly never really was left out unless you think there are urdu symbols for gamma and phi or other scientific terms. You cannot abandon English just as you cannot abandon urdu - no computer language compiler understands urdu and every language is written to it. What does the PM intend with the Taliban’s “cultural” victory? Put our troops in slippers and shalwar kameez? Pilots to wear turban looking helmets?
It is a statement of some fantasy idealistic philosopher and not a leader.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom