What's new

Afghan Invaders and Waris Shah

now you have proven that you dont know what you are talking about and are panicking and getting desperate as the indian members say

The massive Pashtun population migrated to UP and Bihar after decline of Mughal empire?

Then how do you explain the well built Pashtun massive colonies in East Punjab? They always existed. And Rohillakhand is a continuum of them albeit with a much higher percentage of Pashtuns

This is the first time i am hearing this mass genocide of pashtuns when Mughals invaded, sound like BS.

small nawabs? :omghaha: I think you have an inferiority complex againt Mughals.

Mughals couldn't do nothing to the mighty Pakhtuns. Look, I don't think you know the Pashtuns of Punjab or Rohilla. Pashtuns were already concentrated in massive numbers in the area RohillaKhand, in Bihar, all around Eastern Punjab, in Jammu, and all around Punjab, Rajasthan, Gwalior, Bhopal, Dakkan, Gujarat and as far as Bengal in smaller numbers.

Rohillakhand the state was formed after 1707, but that does not mean the Pashtuns appeared there then. They were already living there for centuries! Pashtuns have been living in Multan since the time of Mahmud Ghaznawi. 1 lakh families means 1 million people considering 10 persons per family, which I believe was the population of half of KPK back then. Impossible.
Dilazak was a tribe larger than yousafzais, yousafzais had to make alliance with several other tribes to defeat and expel them to other side of indus. Before the arrival of yousafzais, dilazaks were settled in malakhand division, peshawer division, hazara division and attock. Babur documents that there are 1 lakh yousafzai families. So dont be surprised that there were 1 lakh dilazak families in akbar times on east side of indus. Akbar defeated and destroyed dilazaks for security reasons and exiled the remaining ones to near lahore. In jahangir times, they rebelled, so were dispersed deeper into india. Today this tribe is extinct except two villages in hazara.

Are you telling me Mughals exterminated entire pashtun population from central punjab? Any source?
They simply removed them. Lodhi jagirdaars and nawabs got replaced by choices of mughals. Lodhiana is named after lodhis. I am working on history of lodhis, i would provide you details at the time when i finish my work on it.

Dilazak was a tribe larger than yousafzais, yousafzais had to make alliance with several other tribes to defeat and expel them to other side of indus. Before the arrival of yousafzais, dilazaks were settled in malakhand division, peshawer division, hazara division and attock. Babur documents that there are 1 lakh yousafzai families. So dont be surprised that there were 1 lakh dilazak families in akbar times on east side of indus. Akbar defeated and destroyed dilazaks for security reasons and exiled the remaining ones to near lahore. In jahangir times, they rebelled, so were dispersed deeper into india. Today this tribe is extinct except two villages in hazara.

Akbar, who used to sit at the feet of Khawja Muinuddin Chishti Ajmeri RA, would go about killing women and children among dilazak Pashtuns, and then come to Khawja Ghareeb Nawaz RA for blessings?

sorry but I dont buy your story.

We need some perspective, 1 lakh family mean at least 7-8 lakh people from just one tribe 4 centuries ago. Babur didn't do any census.

We need some perspective, 1 lakh family mean at least 7-8 lakh people from just one tribe 4 centuries ago. Babur didn't do any census.

Not 4 but 5 centuries ago, Mughals consolidated their empire in south asia in 16th century (during 1500s, slightly interrupted by 10-15 yeary of Sher shah suri).

This is the first time i am hearing this mass genocide of pashtuns when Mughals invaded, sound like BS.
You expect that mughals were civilized softies who didnt build pyramids of skulls?
Most of the population used to die in wars. Every adult male used to participate and in case of defeat, most of your males die and you are at the mercy of your enemy. Mughals have fought one war after another against indian pashtuns from 1526 to 1613, pashtuns have lost most of the battles and in each battle, they have died in thousands. Every battle was to regain delhi throne. In 1576, bengal and orrissa were the last pashtun strongholds. The defeated pashtuns mostly shifted to deccan, bijapur etc.

Remember that Pashtun tribes used to kill each other in tribal wars on routine basis.
In panipat war Lodhis were able to gather 1 lakh pashtun soldiers, in another battle in 1529, brother of slain ibrahim lodhi, again gathered more than 1 lakh lodhis. In these two battles, the second largest tribe lohani didnt participated and assumed neutrality . It means there were atleast one million lodhis and kin tribesmen in india at the time of babur invasion. Technically they should be in crores now. But they got dwindled due to wars and dispersion.

Last edited:
You expect that mughals were civilized softies who didnt build pyramids of skulls?
Most of the population used to die in wars. Every adult male used to participate and in case of defeat, most of your males die and you are at the mercy of your enemy. Mughals have fought one war after another against indian pashtuns from 1526 to 1613, pashtuns have lost most of the battles and in each battle, they have died in thousands. Every battle was to regain delhi throne. In 1576, bengal and orrissa were the last pashtun strongholds. The defeated pashtuns mostly shifted to deccan, bijapur etc.

dakkan, bijapur? marwat brother, I think you are playing games here. You are deliberately writing all of this to get information out of us.

additionally you used the expression "indian Pashtuns". So basically your premise is Pashtuns are Indians. And how come you are spelling Dakkan the anglicised way 'Deccan'

Are you a history student doing a degree in history in KPK?

now you have proven that you dont know what you are talking about and are panicking and getting desperate as the indian members say

The massive Pashtun population migrated to UP and Bihar after decline of Mughal empire?

Then how do you explain the well built Pashtun massive colonies in East Punjab? They always existed. And Rohillakhand is a continuum of them albeit with a much higher percentage of Pashtuns
Only kasur colony survived among the old ones, as they were allies of mughals. They accompanied babur from afghanistan , fought in panipat on behalf of mughals and were given jagir of kasur. Most of the pathans in east punjab, during mughal period, were originated from kasur.

Remember that Pashtun tribes used to kill each other in tribal wars on routine basis.
In panipat war Lodhis were able to gather 1 lakh pashtun soldiers, in another battle in 1529, brother of slain ibrahim lodhi, again gathered more than 1 lakh lodhis. In these two battles, the second largest tribe lohani didnt participated and assumed neutrality . It means there were atleast one million lodhis and kin tribesmen in india at the time of babur invasion. Technically they should be in crores now. But they got dwindled due to wars and dispersion.

I thought you said Pashtuns settled in Rohilla after Mughal decline earlier. Now you have changed your mind

Only kasur colony survived among the old ones, as they were allies of mughals. They accompanied babur from afghanistan , fought in panipat on behalf of mughals and were given jagir of kasur. Most of the pathans in east punjab, during mughal period, were originated from kasur.

Brother, there were Pashtuns in East Punjab always. They lived in villages until Partition.

Please read again Babur expedition to India, he is aim was to conquer not exterminate race of pashtuns. Many Afghans after being defeated used to come with grass in their mouths and beg for mercy. Yes he did build skulls with their dead bodies also but his aim was never to exterminate. Here are two exemples, in one he pardon them but in one build skulls of dead body.

''Next, he turned southwest, marched towards Thal (in Parachinar) taking the 'Hungu road for Bangash'. On the way, 'the Afghan's of Kohat' attacked but were put to sword. Babur writes: "The suppliants threw themselves on the ground and placing grass in their mouth, cried out, 'I am your cow'." (This custom is also mentioned by Charles Masson, the famous 19th century traveler in his 'Narrative of Various Journeys in Balochistan, Afghanistan and the Punjab,' while wandering through these areas in the reign of Ranjt Singh.)

From Hangu, Babur continued westward to Thal, a town on River Khurram (Khurram Agency) from where he traveled south-east along the river on a track called Gosfand-liyar (sheep road) as it was not a frequent riding road. The valley of Bannu (the town was not yet founded) was plundered and when Shadi Khan, the tribal headman, surrendered to Babur with 'grass between his teeth', all prisoners were pardoned.''

Afghanland.com Afghanistan King Babur of Kabul

dakkan, bijapur? marwat brother, I think you are playing games here. You are deliberately writing all of this to get information out of us.

additionally you used the expression "indian Pashtuns". So basically your premise is Pashtuns are Indians. And how come you are spelling Dakkan the anglicised way 'Deccan'

Are you a history student doing a degree in history in KPK?
You are getting rediculous, so should i call them al-hindi pathans?.
Afghanan-i-hind would be a better term i guess.

I thought you said Pashtuns settled in Rohilla after Mughal decline earlier. Now you have changed your mind

Brother, there were Pashtuns in East Punjab always. They lived in villages until Partition.
Tera dimagh kaam nahi kar raha.
1- First wave of mingration of pashtuns to hindostan occured in ghaznavid era, that dwindled
2- Second wave of pashtun migration to india occured during ghurid and khilji eras, that also dwindles.
3- Third wave of pashtun migration to india occured during lodhi period, it also dwindled.
4- fourth and final wave of migration to india occured in 18th century, after decline of mughal tribe, predominantly of yousafzai/rohilla tribe. They didnt dwindle and their descendents with settlements are present in various parts of india.

Do you love Pakistan?
Do you love orange juice?

Please read again Babur expedition to India, he is aim was to conquer not exterminate race of pashtuns. Many Afghans after being defeated used to come with grass in their mouths and beg for mercy. Yes he did build skulls with their dead bodies also but his aim was never to exterminate. Here are two exemples, in one he pardon them but in one build skulls of dead body.

''Next, he turned southwest, marched towards Thal (in Parachinar) taking the 'Hungu road for Bangash'. On the way, 'the Afghan's of Kohat' attacked but were put to sword. Babur writes: "The suppliants threw themselves on the ground and placing grass in their mouth, cried out, 'I am your cow'." (This custom is also mentioned by Charles Masson, the famous 19th century traveler in his 'Narrative of Various Journeys in Balochistan, Afghanistan and the Punjab,' while wandering through these areas in the reign of Ranjt Singh.)

From Hangu, Babur continued westward to Thal, a town on River Khurram (Khurram Agency) from where he traveled south-east along the river on a track called Gosfand-liyar (sheep road) as it was not a frequent riding road. The valley of Bannu (the town was not yet founded) was plundered and when Shadi Khan, the tribal headman, surrendered to Babur with 'grass between his teeth', all prisoners were pardoned.''

Afghanland.com Afghanistan King Babur of Kabul
Mughals were not bothered about pashtun population on west side of indus. Their concern was pashtuns in india who were threat to their throne and could repeat sher shah suri episode. So pashtuns were monitored, they were not allowed to settle on east side of indus. River indus was boundry of india. And i didnt say that mughals exterminate pashtuns in india through genocide. Pashtuns in india got dwindled through wars and assimilations. In 18th century, nadir shah and ahmad shah invasions, favoured the empowered the settlement of pashtuns in india.

Back
Top Bottom