What's new

Afghan Invaders and Waris Shah

I also read some where Arains are related to Kamboh?

Only one british writer said that Kamboh of "Sahiwal" assumed "Arain" identity when they converted from Hindu religion to Islam. For other regions we find both Kamboh and Arain living side by side in punjab but there is presumably some mixing between these two tribes for whatever reason.

Wonder why the Mughal, Shah Nawaz killed the Pir Sabir Shah. He killed him in the most brutal manner by pouring hot molten silver down his throat. Shah Nawaz was a very ambitious man, he had began strengthening his personal army by recruiting hundreds of Uzbeks, the total army under his command was 70,000 at the time of Abdali's invasion. But Abdali using his superior battle field tactics easily beat him. The Mughals fled Lahore leaving behind all of their military equipment which came into the possession of Abdali.

Last edited:
Not the full article bro. Too long. But I did read this part-

"But one of the other major factors was the role of the Afghan invaders, including Nadir Shah, Ahmad Shah Abdali and his two successors."

So you 'read' only what you were looking for?.

Why would I be only looking for this ? I had read the first few paragraphs.

He ruled Persia but was an Afsharid Turkmen himself.
After reading the article ,I felt quite comfortable with my own prejudice about all these Turks,Mughals,Afghans,Iranians,English,Marhattas or Sikh Robbers,murderers and land grabbers who used religion whenever it suited them.

I think this video will help

Lahoris were never a fighting material, the martial muslim tribes lived in the north of Ravi up to Pothohar pleatue who fought sikhs and resisted their rule.

Wonder why the Mughal, Shah Nawaz killed the Pir Sabir Shah. He killed him in the most brutal manner by pouring hot molten silver down his throat. Shah Nawaz was a very ambitious man, he had began strengthening his personal army by recruiting hundreds of Uzbeks, the total army under his command was 70,000 at the time of Abdali's invasion. But Abdali using his superior battle field tactics easily beat him. The Mughals fled Lahore leaving behind all of their military equipment which came into the possession of Abdali.
In a book, that i read long time ago, it was written that shahnawaz punished female servants (i have forgetton the reasons) by impaling their vaginas with hot burning iron. It seems he was sadistic individual, with screws loose. He must have killed pir sabir shah simply to infuriate abdali.

In a book, that i read long time ago, it was written that shahnawaz punished female servants (i have forgetton the reasons) by impaling their vaginas with hot burning iron. It seems he was sadistic individual, with screws loose. He must have killed pir sabir shah simply to infuriate abdali.
ShahNawaz seems psychotic. If his intention was to infuriate, then it had the desired effect. Abdali invaded India. A fierce battle took place near Lahore. Although Abdali's army was smaller but his army fought well against a better equipped Mughal army. The battle was indecisive until an Afghan from Kasur named Jumla Khan abandoned the Mughals with his entire army and joined his kinsmen under Abdali. This tilted the battle in favour of the Afghans. Shahnawaz and the entire Mughal army fled towards Delhi in fear and confusion. This seems to be a common trend among Pathans of that time period that they would not fight against their kinsmen. Jumla Khan was made governor of Lahore for his services.

Last edited:
How history changes. Now Punjabis have one of the largest military in the world and there is nothing the neighbouring ''superior race'' can do.

Waris Shah was great sufi, its possible he has seen faith of Afghans in his dream. The poetry was merely early warning to Afghans. Abdali bloody invasions made Mughal empire quite weak. It gave rise to Sikh empire in punjab who later on expelled Afghans and captured Afghan areas.

So don't blame Waris Shah but your own ancestors for ignoring early warning from greatest punjabi poet of all time.

Back
Top Bottom