What's new

Afghan gunmen attack Kabul hotel

When militants can strike such 'sensitive'/'classified' areas at will, you know that the military operations in Afghanistan are very "successful". Hope Sher is alright.

Your language sounds like a speaker of a party!! In urdu such type of sensitive classified hotel is called "Dhaba"! The Dhaba is 25 kms far from city, I was there yesterday! Taliban has now proven that they can't do **** to ANSF they now only kill civilians! And don't worry it's wasn't any Marriot hotel or Naval base!

@Razpak, sir jee unki khatir daari ho rahi hai... Lakin ap ne bataya nahi tha ke commander inta darpok hoga aur civilians pe hamla karega?

what a disgrace

if Americans stop burning Quran and killing civilians then maybe they will have more time to guard against the attacks on the capital
this is Kabul for crying out loud.

Taliban seem to come and attack whenever they feel like.

Your language sounds like a speaker of a party!! In urdu such type of sensitive classified hotel is called "Dhaba"! The Dhaba is 25 kms far from city, I was there yesterday! Taliban has now proven that they can't do **** to ANSF they now only kill civilians! And don't worry it's wasn't any Marriot hotel or Naval base!

@Razpak, sir jee unki khatir daari ho rahi hai... Lakin ap ne bataya nahi tha ke commander inta darpok hoga aur civilians pe hamla karega?

Sher

forget the argument and point scoring for a moment
the thing is

the Taliban are able to repeatedly attack the Capital
the power house of Afghan Government and the central point/ command centre of the US occupation forces.
with the world's best military hardware at disposal, the occupation forces are unable to prevent these repeated attacks.

you must wonder, how these taliban are able to come all the way undetected and successfully launch their attack deep in the heart of the occupation forces stronghold? this is the Capital, not some outpost near Pakistani border !!!

I know that the obsessive compulsive trolls will blame ISI but think for a moment, its it a security and intelligence failure whether or not this attack was ISI backed?

these Taliban are clearly enjoying local support who give them shelter before they gather and launch attack after attack on Afghan government offices, hotels and occupation forces.

if the Americans could keep their hatred for Afghan locals under control and their arrogance under check then these same Afghan locals might be willing to give away the Taliban. but it seems that Americans dont find it necessary

so poor Karzai and Abdullah Abdullah has no option but to blame Pakistan

Yeah as usual the blame will fall on us, but no Afghan ever wonders how did these Taliban reach so far and ferried their arms with them, even with so many occupational forces manning the countryside and roads assisted by ANA / ANP.

Anyway, i have no words to condemn this barbaric act, this is not the way to fight, neither morally right as human beings nor is there any such rule in Islam. Its pure barbarism and human being at its lowest point.

May the dead rest in peace, may Allah bring peace to Afghanistan where all of the Afghans can live in peace & prosperity.

forget the argument and point scoring for a moment
the thing is

the Taliban are able to repeatedly attack the Capital
the power house of Afghan Government and the central point/ command centre of the US occupation forces.
with the world's best military hardware at disposal, the occupation forces are unable to prevent these repeated attacks.

you must wonder, how these taliban are able to come all the way undetected and successfully launch their attack deep in the heart of the occupation forces stronghold? this is the Capital, not some outpost near Pakistani border !!!

I know that the obsessive compulsive trolls will blame ISI but think for a moment, its it a security and intelligence failure whether or not this attack was ISI backed?

these Taliban are clearly enjoying local support who give them shelter before they gather and launch attack after attack on Afghan government offices, hotels and occupation forces.

if the Americans could keep their hatred for Afghan locals under control and their arrogance under check then these same Afghan locals might be willing to give away the Taliban. but it seems that Americans dont find it necessary

so poor Karzai and Abdullah Abdullah has no option but to blame Pakistan

First of all it's not any point scoring it was an argument with a mind freak!

I think you missed to read my post it's outskirt of Kabul surrounded with beautiful and dark green gardens of local people no one goes there and the best of best military hardware is 0 to militant attacks, good intelligence is needed to prevent it.

There is no support for them buddy, they weared burqas as you know we Muslims never search for ladies specially Afghans have too much respect and it is a sign of dishonoring a lady in our society for searching them so the 'gay' Taliban carry out this attack on civilians.

This attack has been blamed on Haqqanis:
NATO commander links Haqqani network to Kabul attack - OrlandoSentinel.com

Their attacks year by year turns on civilians rather militaries (ANSF/NATO/US) that's what which makes me sad more than anything!

First of all it's not any point scoring it was an argument with a mind freak!

I think you missed to read my post it's outskirt of Kabul surrounded with beautiful and dark green gardens of local people no one goes there and the best of best military hardware is 0 to militant attacks, good intelligence is needed to prevent it.

There is no support for them buddy, they weared burqas as you know we Muslims never search for ladies specially Afghans have too much respect and it is a sign of dishonoring a lady in our society for searching them so the 'gay' Taliban carry out this attack on civilians.

This attack has been blamed on Haqqanis:
NATO commander links Haqqani network to Kabul attack - OrlandoSentinel.com

Their attacks year by year turns on civilians rather militaries (ANSF/NATO/US) that's what which makes me sad more than anything!

firstly

let me pray for the innocent dead and secondly condemn the terrorist attack.
my condemnations are never conditioned by the fact if the culprits were wearing uniforms or not and whther the victims were Western civilians or nameless Iraqis, Afghans or Pakistanis.

my dear, I am not restricting myself to this single choice of of the Terrorists target. the Taliban have attacked ministries and even military installations inside Kabul. the point is, the terrorists are able to pull it off so well every single time.

tell me, and share with me how many times did the occupation forces or Afghan security forces stopped or foiled the attacks outside Kabul? how many times did the occupation forces save the Afghan civilians by capturing these terrorists before they could cause any damage? there wont be many if any at all.

you are saying exactly what I am saying. you need Intelligence. good intel which has the biggest portion coming from the local population. but when i look at those protests of the Afghans after repeat attacks by occupation forces on civilians and dishonouring and desecrating our customs, our faith and way of life then I doubt if any self respecting Afghan will be forthcoming to provide intelligence to occupation forces who might shoot him rather than allowing him to approach and say something.

please try to understand what I am saying. if the Taliban are not locals themselves then they wont have dug a tunnel from north Waziristan to the Kabul suburbs and suddenly appeared in a big group in one house. suddenly all going out in Burqas. people know each other and always can wonder where this group came from? and what about the weapons? again it cant escape the locals that easily. its not a 10 million people metropolis is it? people mostly know each other by name and an outsider is quickly made out.

I am not bothering to contest the last bit of the terrorist attack. by the time they had burkas on and they were on their way to the target, it was too late already. like you said, at that time having the best American weapons was no guarantee to stop the terrorist act. the Americans would have happily killed more Afghan civilians trying to "prevent" that attack.

do you see? now you find yourself having to explain that the reason the terrorist were able to attack that hotel was that it was outside Kabul in an isolated spot, harder to defend and all.

yet the occupation forces day and night blame Pakistan for not doing enough to stop the Taliban crossing through hundreds of miles long border.

by the way, be fair now.. you said you are sad about the attack on the civilians by the Taliban

do some counting and tell me who has killed more civilians? the occupation forces or the Taliban?

I wonder if this NATO commander thought before he made this allegation? that moron chose to blame haqani network
but this moron doesnt realise that it means he is actually saying that haqqanis came all the way from waziristan to Kandhar and then all the way to Kabul? calling him a mornon is an insult to the word moron because I think they have a ready made statement for all their failures and just copy paste it.

finally

I pray for you safety and the safety of your family and friends and I pray for the safety of all the Afghans who want to live a peaceful and dignified life as a free Afghan.
Amen

firstly

let me pray for the innocent dead and secondly condemn the terrorist attack.
my condemnations are never conditioned by the fact if the culprits were wearing uniforms or not and whther the victims were Western civilians or nameless Iraqis, Afghans or Pakistanis.

my dear, I am not restricting myself to this single choice of of the Terrorists target. the Taliban have attacked ministries and even military installations inside Kabul. the point is, the terrorists are able to pull it off so well every single time.

tell me, and share with me how many times did the occupation forces or Afghan security forces stopped or foiled the attacks outside Kabul? how many times did the occupation forces save the Afghan civilians by capturing these terrorists before they could cause any damage? there wont be many if any at all.

you are saying exactly what I am saying. you need Intelligence. good intel which has the biggest portion coming from the local population. but when i look at those protests of the Afghans after repeat attacks by occupation forces on civilians and dishonouring and desecrating our customs, our faith and way of life then I doubt if any self respecting Afghan will be forthcoming to provide intelligence to occupation forces who might shoot him rather than allowing him to approach and say something.

please try to understand what I am saying. if the Taliban are not locals themselves then they wont have dug a tunnel from north Waziristan to the Kabul suburbs and suddenly appeared in a big group in one house. suddenly all going out in Burqas. people know each other and always can wonder where this group came from? and what about the weapons? again it cant escape the locals that easily. its not a 10 million people metropolis is it? people mostly know each other by name and an outsider is quickly made out.

I am not bothering to contest the last bit of the terrorist attack. by the time they had burkas on and they were on their way to the target, it was too late already. like you said, at that time having the best American weapons was no guarantee to stop the terrorist act. the Americans would have happily killed more Afghan civilians trying to "prevent" that attack.

do you see? now you find yourself having to explain that the reason the terrorist were able to attack that hotel was that it was outside Kabul in an isolated spot, harder to defend and all.

yet the occupation forces day and night blame Pakistan for not doing enough to stop the Taliban crossing through hundreds of miles long border.

by the way, be fair now.. you said you are sad about the attack on the civilians by the Taliban

do some counting and tell me who has killed more civilians? the occupation forces or the Taliban?

I wonder if this NATO commander thought before he made this allegation? that moron chose to blame haqani network
but this moron doesnt realise that it means he is actually saying that haqqanis came all the way from waziristan to Kandhar and then all the way to Kabul? calling him a mornon is an insult to the word moron because I think they have a ready made statement for all their failures and just copy paste it.

finally

I pray for you safety and the safety of your family and friends and I pray for the safety of all the Afghans who want to live a peaceful and dignified life as a free Afghan.
Amen

We both are sharing many views in common but the thing which is different is you are not feeling the difference of attacks from 2008 to 2012 (that's because you aren't in Afghanistan); I know they have attacked ministries, military installations etc.. before but what I am telling here repeatedly is they have become weaker than 2009/2010 and they have completely lost their ability of attacking ANSF directly which they had before 2011, they have completely lost North and West I am personally witness of that (an e.g: last year I wasn't able to go from central Kunduz to Imam Saheb district at night because Taliban had control but last month there was no sign of Taliban there when I traveled at night) there are dozen more examples I can give, they have lost their strong holds in Southern Kandahar and Helmand today Helmand is more secure than most of Eastern provinces. Now what happened most of these Taliban after facing defeats have moved to Eastern provinces. Where both Taliban (AF/PAK) enjoys safe heavens; when PK Taliban is raided by PA they move to Afghanistan's east and when AF Taliban are raided they move to NW.

Now they have opted only to attack civilian places and take civilians as hostages to prolong their attack and show the world that they are so strong that they can withhold for hours!! same in North they are now only poisoning girls schools, in east they locked schools for weeks but what happened 100s of local people from Andar district of Ghazni gathered and killed 16 Taliban and capture dozen more at the end all schools reopened more and more examples I can give buddy!

Every attack has it's own scenario here, all weapons doesn't come all at once they smuggle it in various food/construction etcc.. products which takes them months and at times they use weapons from their former members in the same area where they attack, the example is today's attack Qargha Lake is located beside Paghman district of Kabul which had Taliban supporters before and there is no single check post from Paghman to Qargha as I said I was there in this same hotel yesterday even I complained for a worst soup they brought to me!

Man at times I also blame NATO for it's baseless allegations but think buddy they have already recorded today's terrorists calls and most of these calls are regularly routed to Pakistani calling codes +92 from where they take directions on minutely bases.

Regarding civilian causality trust me the ratio of civilian causality by NATO and Taliban is 2:10, just recently last week Taliban killed the Gardner of my brother in law in Logar province for not letting them to eat some fruits, they killed my aunt's father in law for teaching in school, beaten up my friend to death for working in agriculture directorate he is currently in Pakistan for treatment of his eyes because they filled his eyes with sand!! more and more I can tell you from my family and relatives only! they are cruel they aren't Muslims or even human. Today they killed 18 civilians, couple of days ago they killed 18 civilians in Khost province, don't you remember the video of Kabul bank attack last year?

Thanks for your understandings, I too feel the same for the civilians in Pakistan but the sad thing is I always witness Pakistani members here for posting every second bad news (civilian causality) from Afghanistan although there are too many news come daily from Pakistan but I just ignore it and pray for the innocents!

More news coming...

"The Taliban complained wealthy Afghans and foreigners used the hotel, about 10 km (6 miles) from the center of Kabul, for "prostitution" and "wild parties" ahead of the Friday religious day holiday"

Twenty dead in Taliban siege of Afghan hotel; NATO blames Haqqanis - Yahoo! News

20 people killed so far...

For the love of god, Taliban don't make lame reasons, that hotel is an open air hotel not some multi story building who the hell will f*ck a lady in open air? and nothing can justify your barbaric crimes against civilians.

Good to see too many deaths did not happen . It could have been far worse . The fact that hardly any SF personnel were killed shows that when it comes to direct combat with security forces Taliban is useless .Theie abilities have not gone up much since 2001 , perhaps they may even have gone down .

RIP .

It is a 'classified' upscale resort, in the outskirts of Kabul, with foreigners & Afghan elites visiting it regularly. It's not a sensitive military location, but it is a 'classified' civilian area.

Just the fact that militants are able to launch attacks regularly in ('sensitive'/'classified' areas of) the "military fortress" known as Kabul and other closeby regions at will, almost every other week, shows how precarious the situation in Afghanistan is. The fact that a 12 hour exchange took place, & dozens of people were taken from the outskirts of Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, shows that the war has been a complete disaster. Don't compare this to what happened in Islamabad, Mumbai, 9/11 NY attacks: those were one-time events, not the (almost) weekly happenings of Kabul.

Yeah as usual the blame will fall on us, but no Afghan ever wonders how did these Taliban reach so far and ferried their arms with them, even with so many occupational forces manning the countryside and roads assisted by ANA / ANP.

Anyway, i have no words to condemn this barbaric act, this is not the way to fight, neither morally right as human beings nor is there any such rule in Islam. Its pure barbarism and human being at its lowest point.

May the dead rest in peace, may Allah bring peace to Afghanistan where all of the Afghans can live in peace & prosperity.

This is what you happens when you host foreign nations on your soil, acting as their proxy against your own people. Desperation can make people do inexplicable things, which is what the Taliban (who are the local Afghan people) are doing. Highly condemnable act by the Taliban. RIP to the innocent people killed in these barbaric acts.

RIP to the dead...and death to the Taliban...and there supporters whoever they are...low life creatures these talibunnies are.

We need four front war against these terrorists,
1. Attack there base
2. Stop the money flow
3. Punish there handlers
4. The world attack them simultaneously.

Your missing two of the biggest point and without it all else will fail.

Education and opportunities, recruits will die out, support will die out, Taliban will become outcasts and criminals in the eyes of all.
That and... avoid collateral damage.

It is a 'classified' upscale resort, in the outskirts of Kabul, with foreigners & Afghan elites visiting it regularly. It's not a sensitive military location, but it is a 'classified' civilian area.

Just the fact that militants are able to launch attacks regularly in ('sensitive'/'classified' areas of) the "military fortress" known as Kabul and other closeby regions at will, almost every other week, shows how precarious the situation in Afghanistan is. The fact that a 12 hour exchange took place, & dozens of people were taken from the outskirts of Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, shows that the war has been a complete disaster. Don't compare this to what happened in Islamabad, Mumbai, 9/11 NY attacks: those were one-time events, not the (almost) weekly happenings of Kabul.

Lol you are very good in changing your words! 'classified upscale resort' last time I saw a bunch (10 girls and 4 boys) of deaf and mute people in that hotel and dozen of shopkeepers, hand seller, etc.. btw how many times you have been into that place? because you are so sure that it's a 'classified' hotel where only elites visit.

And prove your claim:

not the (almost) weekly happenings of Kabul.

This is what you happens when you host foreign nations on your soil, acting as their proxy against your own people. Desperation can make people do inexplicable things, which is what the Taliban (who are the local Afghan people) are doing. Highly condemnable act by the Taliban. RIP to the innocent people killed in these barbaric acts.

The same applies to Pakistan!

@Bilalhaider, if you are a sane Pakistani tune up Ariana TV online and watch it your self how much 'elite' those people looks to you who were taken hostages.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom