What's new

Afghan gunmen attack Kabul hotel

eik_pagall

Reaction score
aliban gunmen have attacked a hotel in the Afghan capital Kabul, triggering a gun battle with Afghan security forces and coalition troops, officials say.

They say the insurgents armed with rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machine guns attacked the Spozhmai Hotel in the Qaghar Lake area.

Reports say there were casualties and that hostages - including women and children - are being held in the hotel.

Lake Qaghar is a popular area favoured by Kabul residents and foreigners.

The gunmen launched the attack late on Thursday, the officials say.

"Currently, police forces have besieged the hotel where people gathered for a picnic or wedding party," Kabul deputy police chief Daoud Amin told the AFP news agency.

"We will be very careful so that not to harm to civilians," he added.

The Afghan Taliban said it carried out the attack, according to Reuters news agency.

It quotes the militant group as saying wealthy Afghans and foreigners use the hotel for "wild parties".

Violence has recently increased across Afghanistan, with at least three Afghan policemen and one Nato soldier killed in a series of attacks over the past seven days.

BBC News - Afghan gunmen attack Kabul hotel

Oy sher, I told you Commander Karim would strike.

On topic and in reality I hope everyone survives and there is a peaceful resolution. NO ONE and I mean NO one deserves to die. I hope everyone is ok, and that the Taliban come to their senses and stop attacking innocent people.

I pray for Sher Malang, as he is my brother. I hope he is fine, and everyone in this attack is fine.

Sher bhai, Khuda karay app say salaamat mein ho, aur apke Afghani bhai/bhan say salaamt mein ho. I will pray for you and my Afghan brothers tonight.

When militants can strike such 'sensitive'/'classified' areas at will, you know that the military operations in Afghanistan are very "successful". Hope Sher is alright.

It would be interesting to see how the Afghan forces handle this . This will be a very good test for them .Recently they have done well against the Taliban . Let us see how they do now . Pray for our Afghan brothers .

When militants can strike such 'sensitive'/'classified' areas at will, you know that the military operations in Afghanistan are very "successful". Hope Sher is alright.

Militants attacked the hotels in Mumbai in 2008 and also destroyed your Marriot hotel in Islamabad a few years ago .They even managed to attack your naval base In Karachi recently. It doesn't mean that Pakistani or Indian forces are not doing their jobs . These things happen in regions that are witnessing high militancy and extremism. It will be interesting to watch how the Afghans forces handle this .

Who supports the taliban? :undecided:

we do fine.. now go and do what ever u can do about that ok
kick20butt20ass20swift20kicking.gif

It would be interesting to see how the Afghan forces handle this . This will be a very good test for them .Recently they have done well against the Taliban . Let us see how they do now . Pray for our Afghan brothers .

Militants attacked the hotels in Mumbai in 2008 and also destroyed your Marriot hotel in Islamabad a few years ago .They even managed to attack your naval base In Karachi recently. It doesn't mean that Pakistani or Indian forces are not doing their jobs . These things happen in regions that are witnessing high militancy and extremism. It will be interesting to watch how the Afghans forces handle this .

Cutting terrorism branch yeild nothing, We need to hit at there root. Put Acid in the root so that new branch should not grow..

Reports say there were casualties and that hostages - including women and children - are being held in the hotel.

This incident is typical Mumbai like, Either these maggots have learnt it from 26/11 or the handlers are same..

We need four front war against these terrorists,
1. Attack there base
2. Stop the money flow
3. Punish there handlers
4. The world attack them simultaneously.

Cutting terrorism branch yeild nothing, We need to hit at there root. Put Acid in the root so that new branch should not grow..

This incident is typical Mumbai like, Either these maggots have learnt it from 26/11 or the handlers are same..

We need four front war against these terrorists,
1. Attack there base
2. Stop the money flow
3. Punish there handlers
4. The world attack them simultaneously.

The best way to handle these terrorists is by creating stability in the host countries , strengthening the central govt institutions , providing better economic opportunities to people and most importantly strengthen the local security forces . That is what worked in Iraq , that is what is working in Somalia , that is what is being tried in Afghanistan and Yemen .This is the only way . Foreign military forces can't stay forever and as it is the local native population of the host countries don't like having foreign forces around for too long .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom