What's new

AEW&C systems

Can Pakistan match all the hardwares that India currently procures ?
India is in a better position now i think, (can buy from all the major venders except maybe from China) also with better economic muscle...is this current tit for tat sensible ????:undecided:

our aim is never to match india plane for plane or man for man! the reason we buy our weapons is for "minimum deterrence" what we mean by that is that we make india think twice before attacking! we want to make sure india doesn't think we are GAZA & it can send over its army or airforce to bomb our land and return safely!

our best defense is offence! & i think what your deepak kapoor said was more or less the same that the new indian "cold start doctrine" is all about a blitzkreig type attack by which india plans to attack before the enemy can & pulverize the "enemy"!

@Ice.man gr8 post mate!

our aim is never to match india plane for plane or man for man! the reason we buy our weapons is for "minimum deterrence" what we mean by that is that we make india think twice before attacking! we want to make sure india doesn't think we are GAZA & it can send over its army or airforce to bomb our land and return safely!

our best defense is offence! & i think what your deepak kapoor said was more or less the same that the new indian "cold start doctrine" is all about a blitzkreig type attack by which india plans to attack before the enemy can & pulverize the "enemy"!

@Ice.man gr8 post mate!

IA's chief warplan doesn't give any indication of Blitzkrieg type attack, rather it is about dealing with Pakistan and China on two front war at the same time.

@Ice.man gr8 post mate!
IMHO it's OK not to match IND gun for gun but PAK-MIL needs to come out of "The box of minimum deterrence" mentality, at least in public it should not lose face on being defensive even before the start of the war. And it should always strive for making the gap up by forming a NATO type of combined force with GULF + Turkish + Egyptian+ Syrian one.

IMHO it's OK not to match IND gun for gun but PAK-MIL needs to come out of "The box of minimum deterrence" mentality, at least in public it should not lose face on being defensive even before the start of the war. And it should always strive for making the gap up by forming a NATO type of combined force with GULF + Turkish + Egyptian+ Syrian one.

This is the reason why they have purchase Ballastic missiles for the same.

IA's chief warplan doesn't give any indication of Blitzkrieg type attack, rather it is about dealing with Pakistan and China on two front war at the same time.

ok are you sure of this??

please read this

NDIAN ARMY’S NEW ‘COLD START’ WAR DOCTRINE STRATEGICALLY REVIEWED-PART II (ADDITIONAL IMPERATIVES)

Military operations of the type envisaged in Indian Army’s new war doctrine incorporates swift, fluid and relentless offensive operations, without the luxury of pauses and time duration spans of defensive operations to which Indian Army’s higher echelons are so conditioned to today.

what does this sound like?? blitzkreig or a long drawn out 4 years war??

Sir, other Muslim countries can't take a joint stand against Israel, how will they take a stand against India by having such alliances with Pakistan.

Pakistan is on its own, All Gulf countries can do is, give us military aircraft and other hardware as support, kind of past, we can't expect human resource from them.

Plus we don't have offensive plans or strategy, all we want is peace and a deterrence, enough to make India not attack us. We have no global ambitions nor we wish to cross our borders.

Plus, hopefully in future we will get more offensive capability, as with time more systems are being incorporated, to give more offensive capability.

India is much larger in economy and is the new darling of the world, so we can't match their capability.

ok are you sure of this??

please read this

NDIAN ARMY’S NEW ‘COLD START’ WAR DOCTRINE STRATEGICALLY REVIEWED-PART II (ADDITIONAL IMPERATIVES)

Military operations of the type envisaged in Indian Army’s new war doctrine incorporates swift, fluid and relentless offensive operations, without the luxury of pauses and time duration spans of defensive operations to which Indian Army’s higher echelons are so conditioned to today.

what does this sound like?? blitzkreig or a long drawn out 4 years war??

From any of above words that you have quoted, I cannot make out what should it be sound like, but it doesn't come close to Bliztkrieg attack that you are trying to make out of it.

Clearly, the author of this article has no knowledge of military hardware given that he consider's a multi-mode active electronically scanned array (AESA) based Erieye system and aerial datalink ability inferior to current standards. Complete and utter BS as pointed out by fellow Mark Sien.

From any of above words that you have quoted, I cannot make out what should it be sound like, but it doesn't come close to Bliztkrieg attack that you are trying to make out of it.

for a layman like me can you please explain what was blitzkreig all about? wasn't it fast fluid relentless operations of the airforce combined with air drops inorder to cripple the enemy and not pause to give it time to regroup??? if not then please explain

Sir, other Muslim countries can't take a joint stand against Israel, how will they take a stand against India by having such alliances with Pakistan.
Israel = Israel + US, but India = India + ?

Pakistan is on its own, All Gulf countries can do is, give us military aircraft and other hardware as support, kind of past, we can't expect human resource from them.
what else are you asking for, that is more than enough. think abuot what might India got: US won't got involved, Russian supply ship-if there is any-would keep being sunk by PN subs (or the so-called "PN" subs).

so, i think if PN is going to procure some chinese subs, the sooner the better. just 2 or 3 would be enough, then train as many sailor as pissible. think about this scenariao: a commercial plane landed in china and then a PN sub set sail.

Last edited:

Plus we don't have offensive plans or strategy, all we want is peace and a deterrence, enough to make India not attack us. We have no global ambitions nor we wish to cross our borders.

Plus, hopefully in future we will get more offensive capability, as with time more systems are being incorporated, to give more offensive capability.

India is much larger in economy and is the new darling of the world, so we can't match their capability.
With due respect and leaving sarcasm aside, I wanted to ask you if it was your well thought out or instantaneous response?

With due respect and leaving sarcasm aside, I wanted to ask you if it was your well thought out or instantaneous response?

With due respect, would you elaborate as why are you asking that. Which part made you ask that.

hahahaha good one U turn i think even their army is not sure about their missile system

With due respect, would you elaborate as why are you asking that. Which part made you ask that.
Pakistan being the only nation state that had been created by the name of "Islam" and "Muslim" and you being the moderator of "Pakistan Defence" have been sounding the quite opposite signal have brought my conscience back to ask you such kind of question.

Back
Top Bottom