What's new

"AERO INDIA 2015"

Nope, the article says: "250 Israeli Spice missiles" meaning 250 units, not the weight class and that's the order of SPICE 2000 for the Mirage 2000 ugrade, to replace older French 2000lb bomb kits.
I don't think so, 250 2000lb bombs for 50 odd M2K ? how many one can carry 2 / 4?
Why do they have to make it classified if its part of the M2K upgrade? upgrade details will be open.

I don't think so, 250 2000lb bombs for 50 odd M2K ? how many one can carry 2 / 4?
Why do they have to make it classified if its part of the M2K upgrade? upgrade details will be open.

They can carry a single one in the centerline, as the M2K model also showed and who said it's classified, did you forgot this?

India's MoD approves modernisation of 37 more airfields under MAFI-2 project at cost of Rs 1125 cr. Tata SED-Raytheon to be awarded contract.

Defence Acquisition Council of India's MoD postpones decision on M777 artillery guns, Navy MR choppers, Avro replacement (56 a'craft) & LPDs.

Approval of defence purchases: 250 air-to-ground Spice missiles from Israel for Rs 622 cr .

Indian defence approvals :update

They can carry a single one in the centerline, as the M2K model also showed and who said it's classified, did you forgot this?

Indian defence approvals :update
250 “Spice” smart bombs from Rafael Advanced Defense Systems (RADS) for an undisclosed sum
India Spending $1 Billion on Israeli Weapons | idrw.org
weapon is currently going into production for an undisclosed customer.
Rafael unveils its Spice 250 - Armadaspice-250

p1631151.jpg

All i am saying is '250' spice for 50 Mirage 2000 which can only carry one in center line, Does not sound good.
250 in the front of 'spice' can be a mistake by reporters.i can well be wrong.

can be a mistake by reporters.i can well be wrong.

If we like it or not is not the point, but that it was a replacement for heavy class bomb kits and that it was approved by the MoD. That's why the 250 is the figure of the procured units and not refering to the SPICE 250 varients. However, I still hope we go for it, whatever MMRCA we select and especially for FGFA.

So you basically are speculating again. Too bad, in this case I really hoped that you have more than the usall stuff. :frown:

my dear sancho the great
if you are expecting me to post the mobile phone video of my interaction with an IAF official which happens to be a blood relation of mine about these kind of secret deal that too in a indian friendly nation forum like here

then one must learn from you " that how to be optimistic which is at it's level best??":lol:

BTW my post was intended as a goodwill gesture for some curious posters like abingdaboy not for ISI :D

Wrt the load on an MKI, let me give you a hint. The FAB 250 is an unguided bomb, fitted at 2 x triple launchers behind each other (total length 3 to 3.5m). SPICE 250 is a guided bomb fitted on a quad pack (total length around 3.6m). So if you have 6 x hardpoints as you have shown, for SPICE 250 quad packs, how much PGMs are that in total? :coffee:
well sorry i am poor in maths , i have copied & passed my math exam during schooling

BTW give that hint to Rafeal officials in AERO india exhibtions
"AERO INDIA 2015" | Page 11
where they can explain how SU30mki can carry more than 30 SPICE 250 PGMS

CHEERS

@Agent_47

the link which you posted has nothing to do with SPICE 250 .

but dont worry about SPICE 250 though ;)

CHEERS

my dear sancho the great
if you are expecting

:D Trust me, I don't expect much of you. But it was you that made sound things more interesting to other members and then stated that there is nothing official...,

Does anybody have a close up ot that specboard?

I-Derby and Python V (PS) on LCA
iderby_725.jpg

Rafael Unveils an Upgraded I-DERBY Missile at Aero-India 2015

For the I-Derby RAFAEL utilized a new, Software Defined Active Radar seeker, based on combat-proven seeker developed by RAFAEL for the Tamir missile, used with the company's Iron Dome counter Rocket, Artillery and Missile (C-RAM) system...

The Derby is equipped with an active radar seeker to provide the missile a ‘fire and forget’ engagement capability, beyond visual range and under all weather conditions. The new version modernizes one of the weapon’s key elements – the active radar seeker – which represents 1990s technology. For the I-Derby RAFAEL utilized a new, Software Defined Active Radar seeker, based on combat-proven seeker developed by RAFAEL for the Tamir missile, used with the company’s Iron Dome counter Rocket, Artillery and Missile (C-RAM) system.

Using an active radar for target seeking, the missiles enables multi-shot engagement from surface or air-launched platforms. With this sensor and its signal processing algorithms the missile enables look-down/shoot-down capability, and advanced operating modes, adding to the ‘fire and forget’. Further improvements are enabled for the missile’s ECCM capability, tailoring the weapon’s behaviour to the customer’s operational requirements.

The new version retains the same dimensions and maintains the kinematic performance of the original missile, while offering improved capabilities and flexibility to implement new operating modes, rendered by the new seeker.

Rafael Unveils an Upgraded I-DERBY Missile at Aero-India 2015 | Defense Update:

:D Trust me, I don't expect much of you.
or perhaps it's the opposite what you have stated here
if thats not the case then you wouldnt have posted at all & completely ignored my post in the 1st place;)
Too bad, in this case I really hoped that you have more than the usall stuff.
"AERO INDIA 2015" | Page 14
anyways dont get upset ,at the end that thing would eventually happen .It's just a matter of time :D
that much you can expect of me for sure:agree:

But it was you that made sound things more interesting to other members and then stated that there is nothing official...,
well i have never said it's official as it has not been disclosed .

Even the israelis dont want to disclose it .Who the hell am i to say it's official Let them declare it officiallly through media
I was just stating the insider source thing which might look mere speculation for some. which sadly i cant help

CHEERS

Back
Top Bottom