What's new

AERO INDIA 2009: India unveils plans for LCA 'Mark 2'

an eye for an eye makes the whole World blind.

MK Gandhi.

Following same theories has led us to this extent.
Whats the point of me loosing an eye and my enemy having 2 eyes?

Being quiet lets the enemy take yet another chance to take out the other remaining eye too. Non-voilence is a failed theory IMHO.

i am not anti india, just sick of indians saying "all china can do is copy paste" "we have real innovation" "we are superior in technology" "oppressive communism! no freedom!". originally i tried to be a voice for moderation but gave up sonow i concentrate on making sure indians are awake to the problems in their country and how long of a way they can go. i still think that india and china ties in the future would be extremely important and that war is unlikely, but i just think about possible war plans for fun.

Are you serious:what:

First have a look on your country.

You are not at that stage where you can talk about others problem.

I appreciate the Hard work of China but this thinking is not acceptable. Think about your country and Please leave India for Indians. :usflag:

Are you serious:what:

First have a look on your country.

You are not at that stage where you can talk about others problem.

I appreciate the Hard work of China but this thinking is not acceptable. Think about your country and Please leave India for Indians. :usflag:

sir...pardon...but have a look on your flag..
thanx!!

Why there is no Indian Flag brother.
They have Pakistani Flag, chinese flag and even American flag lol.
So much anti India is not good.

its the history which says chiense product quality is bad - as mr chinese was saying - india history bla bla bla .......

Chinese make far better electronics and software products than Indians do. They are 15 years ahead of India in semiconductor R&D as well as embedded and high-end mainframe software R&D.

Enough with that western propaganda now. It won't help India to keep puppeting western media hysteria. Better we should admit the reality and work on improving our weak areas(R&D).

Chinese make far better electronics and software products than Indians do. They are 15 years ahead of India in semiconductor R&D as well as embedded and high-end mainframe software R&D.

Enough with that western propaganda now. It won't help India to keep puppeting western media hysteria. Better we should admit the reality and work on improving our weak areas(R&D).

Bitter but True:agree:

But not sure about the software sir hardware yess far ahead

1465.gif
thank you chill bhai

The primary characteristics of 4.5 gen aircrafts are the application of advanced digital avionics and aerospace materials, modest signature reduction (primarily RF "stealth"), and highly integrated systems and weapons. These fighters have been designed to operate in a "network-centric" battlefield environment and are principally multirole aircraft. Key weapons technologies introduced include beyond-visual-range (BVR) AAMs; Global Positioning System (GPS)-guided weapons, solid-state phased-array radars; helmet-mounted sights; and improved secure, jamming-resistant datalinks. Thrust vectoring to further improve transient maneuvering capabilities have also been adopted by many 4.5th generation fighters, and uprated powerplants have enabled some designs to achieve a degree of "supercruise" ability. Stealth characteristics are focused primarily on frontal-aspect radar cross section (RCS) signature-reduction techniques including radar-absorbent materials (RAM), L-O coatings and limited shaping techniques.

Thus Making LCA tejas a 4.5 gen aircraft, Hope your doubts are clear, And LCA is still in evaluation stage only

The classification in generations is not that easy, because while the design can be 4th. gen, the avionics of the early blocks/batches/tranches can be older gen. F16 for example is a generall 4. gen design, but the early block 15 that PAF has, are not capable of using guided weapons, or had latest avionics. These capabilities came only with Block 20 onwards and will be available for PAF with the MLU.

LCA could be seen similar, while the high content of composite and RCS materials puts the design more to 4+, or 4.5 gen, LCA MK1 will clearly be only a 4. gen fighter!
It uses multi mode radars, not long range PESA, or AESA radars. Has not advanced avionics, or techs like IRST, TVC, or SC and by far no stealth features.
LCA MK2 instead will have AESA for sure, TVC, or SC are possible because of new engines and good t/w ratio. IRST will be added for sure too and all this will improve the capabilities dramatically.

LCA MK1 will be at the same gen as our upgraded Mirage 2000 and Mig 29, while LCA MK2 will be at MMRCA level (technologically, not in performance of course).

Last edited:
The classification in generations is not that easy, because while the design can be 4th. gen, the avionics of the early blocks/batches/tranches can be older gen. F16 for example is a generall 4. gen design, but the early block 15 that PAF has, are not capable of using guided weapons, or had latest avionics. These capabilities came only with Block 20 onwards and will be available for PAF with the MLU.

LCA could be seen similar, while the high content of composite and RCS materials puts the design more to 4+, or 4.5 gen, LCA MK1 will clearly be only a 4. gen fighter!
It uses multi mode radars, not long range PESA, or AESA radars. Has not advanced avionics, or techs like IRST, TVC, or SC that would and by far no stealth features.
LCA MK2 instead will have AESA for sure, TVC, or SC are possible because of new engines and good t/w ratio. IRST will be added for sure too and all this will improve the capabilities dramatically.

LCA MK1 will be at the same gen as our upgraded Mirage 2000 and Mig 29, while LCA MK2 will be at MMRCA level (technologically, not in performance of course).

Sir , can you give a brief explanation of the bolded part..
Thanx!!

Sir J10 is very good.We appreciate the hard work of the chinese and pakistanis for JF 17.But why China is not inducting it.
PLAAF goes for a similar high low mix as the USAF, with a heavy class air superiority fighter (F15/Su27, Su30, J11) and a light to medium class low level fighter (F16/J10). The low level in USAF and PLAAF is the high level of PAF, so it makes no sense for PLAAF to induct JF 17, if J10 is meant for similar roles there and is even more capable.

We are standardising on the J-10.
Just because it is a topic at the moment, can you tell me something about the ammount of composites in J10? Are they any reliable sources about this, maybe from the manufacturer itself?

Last edited:
Sir , can you give a brief explanation of the bolded part..
Thanx!!

What I meant was, it will have the similar techs, like AESA radar, but will remain a light class fighter, with only a slight increase of payload, or weapons stations maybe. It could be close to Gripen NG, but not comparable to the other fighters in the competition in terms of payload, or thrust for example.

What I meant was, it will have the similar techs, like AESA radar, but will remain a light class fighter, with only a slight increase of payload, or weapons stations maybe. It could be close to Gripen NG, but not comparable to the other fighters in the competition in terms of payload, or thrust for example.

Thanx for the Info ,Sir!!!
:cheers:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom