What's new

AERO INDIA 2009: India unveils plans for LCA 'Mark 2'

Well thats how it happens when you go through a learning curve.

You better learn qyuickly before your people run out of their patience, your govt. out of finances and we in this forum run out of space. chal. :coffee:

You better learn qyuickly before your people run out of their patience, your govt. out of finances and we in this forum run out of space. chal. :coffee:

and sir the same thing is happening with jf-17 paf have started inducting them while it is being made more technogolically advanced .

Sir JF 17 is a good jet. We appreciate your hard work. But why can't you appreciate ours.I am sure LCA will be good jet.

Sir JF 17 is a good jet. We appreciate your hard work. But why can't you appreciate ours.I am sure LCA will be good jet.

Does it make any different if they appreciate or not??? let our people take there time, lets not be in a hurry, R&D takes time... its gonna be a competent fighter, sure to be the best in its class

will there be major structural changes ?. also it said something about engine change so i take the GE one will just be for the first 40 ? how will that work out, you'll be changing an engine just after 40 jets ?

Well again the there are rewards for R&D as u see India can buy and also apply its own weapons in Tejas but on the other hand Thunder is without is looking without a spark LOL

There is no comparison with this baby in its class..........

Tejas+LCA.JPG

will there be major structural changes ?. also it said something about engine change so i take the GE one will just be for the first 40 ? how will that work out, you'll be changing an engine just after 40 jets ?

Engines are not a problem, all these are substitutes till kaveri arrives, And Yes there would be structural changes, No, not after 40 aircrafts, Airforce has so far ordered on 40, And would order more, But Airforce is Interested in LCA mark 2 version which is exactly built as the needs of IAF, Now a question arises, Is LCA mark 1 not asper the needs of IAF, the answer is,Not fully, the design concept is old and was suitable for a 4th gen aircraft and The role of LCA mark 2 would be entirely different for LCA mark 2....

Without getting the money invested how can you continue the research?? Now that we know how make a 4th gen aircraft, it would be a lot more easy for Us to make LCA mark 2, it makes a lot of sense if you think positive

Well again the there are rewards for R&D as u see India can buy and also apply its own weapons in Tejas but on the other hand Thunder is without is looking without a spark LOL

There is no comparison with this baby in its class..........

Tejas+LCA.JPG

no its not like that, LCA is an Indian venture , JF-17 is join venture with Pakistan-China, So comparing JF-17 with LCA is not good at this stage, We will look at it after LCA rolls out, As of Now JF-17 has its first squadron if Iam not wrong

Engines are not a problem, all these are substitutes till kaveri arrives, And Yes there would be structural changes, No, not after 40 aircrafts, Airforce has so far ordered on 40, And would order more, But Airforce is Interested in LCA mark 2 version which is exactly built as the needs of IAF, Now a question arises, Is LCA mark 1 not asper the needs of IAF, the answer is,Not fully, the design concept is old and was suitable for a 4th gen aircraft and The role of LCA mark 2 would be entirely different for LCA mark 2....

Without getting the money invested how can you continue the research?? Now that we know how make a 4th gen aircraft, it would be a lot more easy for Us to make LCA mark 2, it makes a lot of sense if you think positive

well good luck mates, may the best fighter win

All patriotism aside though, wouldnt it be better to atleast induct and try out the Mk1 first and see how it works ? i mean sure it has clocked a lot of hours but everything keeps changing..before proceeding further on with a design i think LCA needs to prove itself first.

Did it participate in any exercises ?

Also to the bloke you just quoted, id like to know how many countries are interested in LCA whereas thunder's spark has raised quite a few heads

no its not like that, LCA is an Indian venture , JF-17 is join venture with Pakistan-China, So comparing JF-17 with LCA is not good at this stage, We will look at it after LCA rolls out, As of Now JF-17 has its first squadron if Iam not wrong

Do agree but they are fighters of the same class my friend and i was mearly ans to some other memeber who term it as :blah::blah:

well good luck mates, may the best fighter win

All patriotism aside though, wouldnt it be better to atleast induct and try out the Mk1 first and see how it works ? i mean sure it has clocked a lot of hours but everything keeps changing..before proceeding further on with a design i think LCA needs to prove itself first.

Did it participate in any exercises ?

Well, LCA mk 1 Will be Inducted into the Airforce soon,there is already 40 aircrafts in the production Line, and the design for mark 2 is ready and the production starts as soon as the Line of mark 1 ends....

And LCA has been participating in Aero India, nothing else as of now

Also to the bloke you just quoted, id like to know how many countries are interested in LCA whereas thunder's spark has raised quite a few heads
??????:undecided:

Do agree but they are fighters of the same class my friend and i was mearly ans to some other memeber who term it as :blah::blah:

Well, iam only saying is, let the LCA come out and then start comparing, and You are wrong, both are not of same class, JF-17 is 4th gen aircraft, and LCA is 4.5 gen aircraft...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom