What's new

Aerial view of Chongqing, The rapid development of Inland China.

kewell333

Reaction score
ChongQing is a poor inland city several years ago, like other inland China Cities. Its GDP per capita even can't get into the top 150 of all China cities today.

But it has great potential, and growed faster than most of other China cities in last three years.

And I love the music of the film, it make me intoxicated.

Youku: HD version
[video]http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMzgxNTMwMDI4/v.swf[/video]

Youtube version in post3

ChongQing is a poor inland city several years ago, like other inland China Cities. Its GDP per capita even can't get into the top 150 of all China cities today.

But it has great potential, and growed faster than most of other China cities in last three years.

And I love the music of the film, it make me intoxicated.

[video]http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMzgxNTMwMDI4/v.swf[/video]

Pretty cool..Congrats China...

PS: Can someone tell me what's the interest rate like in mainland China? To build so many sky scrapers, Govt must have been providing incentives to build them with low interest rate loans, don't they?

Youtube

Pretty cool..Congrats China...

PS: Can someone tell me what's the interest rate like in mainland China? To build so many sky scrapers, Govt must have been providing incentives to build them with low interest rate loans, don't they?

Loan interest rate nearly 7%-8%.

But government has enough fund for expenditure, China government revenue in 2011 reach $1.65 trillion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't really understand why they have to come up with high rises in Chongqing :no: is space such a exclusive thing in the city ?

Can't really understand why they have to come up with high rises in Chongqing :no: is space such a exclusive thing in the city ?

They definitely gives a great view for the city. If I could I would also build as many high rise buildings in India as well.

Youtube

Loan interest rate nearly 7%-8%.

But government has enough fund for expenditure, China government revenue in 2011 reach $1.65 trillion.

How is government revenue relevant here? Are they private or govt build?

In India, we have 10-12% interest rate on loans and we aren't given permission (or you need special permissions) to build high rise buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:
They definitely gives a great view for the city. If I could I would also build as many high rise buildings in India as well.

How is government revenue relevant here? Are they private or govt build?

In India, we have 10-12% interest rate on loans and we aren't given permission (or you need special permissions) to build high rise buildings.

Infrastructure such as roads\bridges\subway\airports are builded by the government.
Commercial buildings such as Office buildings and residential buildings are construction by private real estate development company.
And there are also a few of housing that called low rent housing and affordable housing ( low capped-price housing ) is builded for low income people by government.

Chongqing's GDP growth is so strong now in every year, maybe it can even overtake Shanghai soon.

1、Many Chinese cities like Chongqing are located in mountainous area, there is not enough plain area for construction. Chongqing is called " mountain city ".

2、 In order to save land, The central government give each city a restricted land use targets every year, if which city surpass the limited land use number ,it would been severe criticized by the central government . And every piece of used land, need to supple a similar land in.

3、China land price is really so high. Government or private real estate development companies are getting more and more difficult to buy land ,because of the high compensation.(many people sell their old house and become millionaire).
That 's why high rises are everywhere in China cities.

Chongqing's GDP growth is so strong now in every year, maybe it can even overtake Shanghai soon.

It has a long way to go.... It's GDP per capita only 1/3 of ShangHai .

Isn't Chongqing actually quite a large city by land area? Twice the size of Netherlands, in fact.

So is there a reason why they didn't spit it into a few more administrative areas? I think it was only a few years ago that they decided to make it the size that it was today.

By the way did the 2008 earthquake affected Chongqing infrastructure much? The epicenter was close.

SiChuang province has two major cities, one is Chongqing, the other is Chendu.

Chendu is the capital of SiChuang province, while Chongqing became a municipality directly under the Central Government since 1997( for construction of the Three Gorges Dam in the initial time, so it contains the huge area of Three Gorges).
Since then Sichuan Province was divided into two major areas, Chengdu as the center of one, and Chongqing as the center of the other major area.

Chongqing was not affected by the earthquake, even Chendu witch just near the earthquake was not affected.

High rises are built for a purpose......when you have too many skyscrapers there is nothing called great view.The only place where high rise buildings make sense is Mumbai.

In order to save land, The central government give each city a restricted land use targets every year, if which city surpass the limited land use number ,it would been severe criticized by the central government . And every piece of used land, need to supple a similar land in..
Ok......Otherwise common houses and villas on the slopes would have made more sense.What is the term of the Land tenure given to real estate developers or private owners(heard you cant really own a apartment..you have to return it the government after X years)

Back
Top Bottom