What's new

Advice to a younger you

hmmm..at a wrong place,at a wrong time...btw,how do you know that your life style would be better had you been born 500 years ago??

I don't know, I think I belong in there :taz:
I don't like the countless meaningless hassles of today's life. Life was much simpler then, those ppl lived it to their fullest.

If you had been born 500 years ago in Pakistan (1510) you would have been caught in the middle of the Mughal invasion of the region, and all the violence and turmoil that followed for the next 30-40 years. Are you sure you want that?

I would much rather be born during the 15th century in South India (Vijayanagara Empire), where living standards were better than anywhere else at the time.

Well I have heard from my elders that we were part of Hamayun's court (one of my grandfathers was a royal adviser or something).
Anyway, dont know much about mughal history, thanks for sharing those tidbits of history with us :cheers:

I don't know, I think I belong in there :taz:
I don't like the countless meaningless hassles of today's life. Life was much simpler then, those ppl lived it to their fullest.

lol....nice...agree with you on the point that life was kinda simpler at that time.For one thing,there was no pollution and the hustle and bustle of rigorous city life....

Go propose to that Girl before some other guy does it. :D

Just 2 words.

"wake up"

I guess I needed those words....I am not worried about the significant decisions that I have made in the past.I am a little worried about what I am doing at present,which is nothing.

If motion is life,then rest is death.I have not been doing anything more these days,for various reasons,much to my resentment.All I am doing these days is going to office,coming back,going to bed,waking up next morning and again going back to office.I need to snap out of this void and start my studies again.......

Yes I needed those words,"Wake up!!"......thanks mate.....

It's attractive to want to be born in a past era. My own father wished he had been born a cowboy in the U.S. West. But something to remember... even 100 years ago, there was terrible child mortality from simple diseases we can now treat. The average life span was low. Being 45 made you an old man or woman.

Imagine surgery with no anesthetics. Appendicitis was a death sentence. No antibiotics. Cholera, typhus, smallpox, bubonic plague, there is a huge list of diseases that no longer harm us.

Now, we can heal, fly through the air, wonder at the marvels of space flight and the science it gives us, live in health with clean water and good food to 80+ years.

If anything, I wish I was born 1000+ years into the future. I really, really want to see what happens to humanity in the next few thousand years. :)

Nuclear holocaust???:undecided:

ohh God...someone say something positive for a change....

Okay..how about a little fantasy???Have you seen the Lord of the Rings series??

I would personally like to live like those Hobbits...awesome...simply awesome!!!

Back
Top Bottom