What's new

Advice BD to PAK land travel possible?

ebr77

Reaction score
Hi

i have seen a lot of threads in this section. I really would like to visit some places, especially Shangri la, lahore and it;s Mughal and it's historical places, the food ;-) . I am a student yet so i can not afford air travel expenses . Is it possible to go to Pak by road ,through india with transit visa through wagah border . If anyone have done it, please let me know what are the visa procedures and a bit of your travel experience. And what's the cost.

Many thanks in advance.

If you survive india then sure it is possible. Mere concept of you travelling by land will seen suspicious by Indian authorities. Try to see if there is a ferry service available which should be cheaper.

Lastly i should warn you Shang Ri La is very expensive place to visit. Last time i checked two week stay was costing around 2000$.

Dosti bus do cross wagah border ... with proper visa i don't think so anyone will stop you ..

but indian authorities might suspect you ...

If you survive india then sure it is possible. Mere concept of you travelling by land will seen suspicious by Indian authorities. Try to see if there is a ferry service available which should be cheaper.
As per my info no ferry service available...only option is by air....

Dosti bus do cross wagah border ... with proper visa i don't think so anyone will stop you ..

but indian authorities might suspect you ...
But this service will be only for Indians and Pakistanis....First he have to get Indian visa then have to get Pakistani..i doubt they issue visa to Bangladeshi tourist in India...it will be like transit visa via India....quite difficult...

Why can't you just book a flight? Why go through India and raise suspicions?
You do know that it will be deemed suspicious right?

No, not possible. Usually third nation nationals are not allowed to either enter India or leave India from Pakistan through land.

Why can't you just book a flight? Why go through India and raise suspicions?
You do know that it will be deemed suspicious right?
for one i can hardly find any direct flight. two only emirates fly to pak, & they are ridiculously expensive. if i add just 20k more , i can fly to New York in economy class.

No, not possible. Usually third nation nationals are not allowed to either enter India or leave India from Pakistan through land.

I went to nepal ad bhutan with transit visa from India. i heard this same process can be reciprocated. are you sure brother?

for one i can hardly find any direct flight. two only emirates fly to pak, & they are ridiculously expensive. if i add just 20k more , i can fly to New York in economy class.

I went to nepal ad bhutan with transit visa from India. i heard this same process can be reciprocated. are you sure brother?

See actually Nepal and Bhutan case is quite different. Pakistan is different .
There are a lot of security concerns.

We don't allow any other national except Pakistanis coming from Pakistan into India.
I am sure, Pakistan would be reciprocrating it.

I would advice you to not use a transit by road option. It may get you in trouble.

Take a flight from Bangladesh to Sri Lanka and then onwards to Pakistan. Should be available on Sri Lankan Airline. In fact, I just checked, you can get a return ticket for Islamabad from Sri Lankan Airline for about USD 700. Dhaka>Colombo>Islamabad and back.

BTW, if you have a Pakistani visa on your passport then you'll surely be questioned by Indian officials thoroughly. Won't be a cake walk. I don't recommend trying to come through India. Safest bet is through Sri Lanka. See if you can get a cheap ferry service from Bangladesh to Sri Lanka if you want to avoid costs and then hop onto a Pakistan bound flight.

Last edited:
Take a flight from Bangladesh to Sri Lanka and then onwards to Pakistan. Should be available on Sri Lankan Airline. In fact, I just checked, you can get a return ticket for Islamabad from Sri Lankan Airline for about USD 700. Dhaka>Colombo>Islamabad and back.

BTW, if you have a Pakistani visa on your passport then you'll surely be questioned by Indian officials thoroughly. Won't be a cake walk. I don't recommend trying to come through India. Safest bet is through Sri Lanka. See if you can get a cheap ferry service from Bangladesh to Sri Lanka if you want to avoid costs and then hop onto a Pakistan bound flight.

it costs us $800-$1100 for us to fly to New York :P ...see my dilemma here . btw i thank all of u guys. i hope situation in our region will improve and we can visit more lands. :-)

Hi

i have seen a lot of threads in this section. I really would like to visit some places, especially Shangri la, lahore and it;s Mughal and it's historical places, the food ;-) . I am a student yet so i can not afford air travel expenses . Is it possible to go to Pak by road ,through india with transit visa through wagah border . If anyone have done it, please let me know what are the visa procedures and a bit of your travel experience. And what's the cost.

Many thanks in advance.
Matey, I came across new info that foreigners can cross into Pakistan via Wagah border. So if you ever plan to visit, this is an option. But be prepared to get grilled by Indian border officials on entry and exit.

I doubt it will be easy.. Indian authorities will ask a lot of questions...

I have used air asia quite alot to travel from Malay to China ,cheapest ticket they dont operate here in pakistan but they do in bangladesh
So you can get a Dhaka to China and then train to Kashgar and Bus to Shangrila (24 hour trip) around 2000$ travel expense if being to optimistic it will be a hell of an experience but risky.
Flight direct to Islamabad or lahore is cheaper around 1200ish$ return
But boy you will be needing around 4000$ budget to have semi luxurious trip to pakistan

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom