What's new

Advice BD to PAK land travel possible?

Allow me to add a few details which i am sure very few here would know. Firstly, issuance of Bangladesh visa to Pakistani nations has been made virtually impossible to get if not banned totally for the last 2 years hence Pakistani High Commission in Dhaka has started reciprocating. So either you will not get a Pakistani visa at all or if you do get it it will be a police reporting one which, quite frankly, you do not want to utilize for a leisure visit.
If you do mange to get visa, you can take Thai airways connecting from Bangkok which will cost around US$ 800 to Islamabad or Lahore, i have used the same many times. There used to be a direct PIA flight from Karachi to Dhaka 4 times a week but i think it was discontinued last year due to mistreatment of the PIA station manager in Dhaka. Don't know if has started again or not. It was quite cheap around US$ 500 for the round trip.

How bout Bangladesh - China- Pakistan.
India still comes. We have no land boundary with China and the only other route would be through China and Burma. I would advice to take chances with India than with Burma (not safe at all).

Matey, I came across new info that foreigners can cross into Pakistan via Wagah border. So if you ever plan to visit, this is an option. But be prepared to get grilled by Indian border officials on entry and exit.

same here mate. Grilling in border isn't anything new lol..are Bangladeshi nationals allowed now or will it be possible in future ?

How bout Bangladesh - China- Pakistan.

would love to go to China by road as well mate.

Allow me to add a few details which i am sure very few here would know. Firstly, issuance of Bangladesh visa to Pakistani nations has been made virtually impossible to get if not banned totally for the last 2 years hence Pakistani High Commission in Dhaka has started reciprocating. So either you will not get a Pakistani visa at all or if you do get it it will be a police reporting one which, quite frankly, you do not want to utilize for a leisure visit.
If you do mange to get visa, you can take Thai airways connecting from Bangkok which will cost around US$ 800 to Islamabad or Lahore, i have used the same many times. There used to be a direct PIA flight from Karachi to Dhaka 4 times a week but i think it was discontinued last year due to mistreatment of the PIA station manager in Dhaka. Don't know if has started again or not. It was quite cheap around US$ 500 for the round trip.

.. DHK-Karachi flight is still available as per their website.

I think until this geo-political drama doesn't end, travelling will be a bit restricted.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom