What's new

Advances in PLA Air Defense Capabilities Challenge Strategic Balance in Asia

SinoSoldier,

How is the J-10B better than the Eurofighter/Rafale and on a level with the F35?

With worse avionics, worse airframe, not even as stealthy as the EF2000/Rafale, worse flight performance (most likely), how is it better?

Shiny Capstar, let's stay calm and not jump to conclusions. The J-10B I am talking about is very different from the basic J-10A and J-10S.

The J-10B features:
- Extremely-high maneuverability & stealthiness
- 3D Thrust-vector control
- AESA / PESA radar
- DSI intakes
- RAM and stealth coating
- IRST "crystal ball"
- Internal weapons bay
- More hardpoints
- FC-1 style cockpit
- Extended range
- Much more

Analysists place the J-10B as superior to most 4.5-generation fighters and more comparable to th3 F-35 Lightning II.

It is compared to the F-35 because the J-10B does have all of the Lightning's capabilities (or even better). J-10B also have much better performance than the J-10A.

I am not saying that the Eurofighter or F-35 sucks (the Eurofighter is actually my favorite European fighter jet); I am simply stating a fact, that the J-10B is a cutting-edge fighter jet.

Shiny Capstar, let's stay calm and not jump to conclusions. The J-10B I am talking about is very different from the basic J-10A and J-10S.

The J-10B features:
- AESA / PESA radar
- DSI intakes
- IRST "crystal ball"
- Internal weapons bay
- More hardpoints
- FC-1 style cockpit
- Extended range
- Much more

Stealthiness? It doesn't even have a stealthy design, I don't know enough about the aircraft to respond on the others.

Analysists place the J-10B as superior to most 4.5-generation fighters and more comparable to th3 F-35 Lightning II.

Which analysts?

It is compared to the F-35 because the J-10B does have all of the Lightning's capabilities (or even better). J-10B also have much better performance than the J-10A.

Anything to back this up?

I am not saying that the Eurofighter or F-35 sucks (the Eurofighter is actually my favorite European fighter jet); I am simply stating a fact, that the J-10B is a cutting-edge fighter jet.

Cutting edge maybe, (certainly for China and its aerospace history), but I am quite sure that it is not on a level with the best fighters in the world today, (EF2000 being one of them). Also, how is it a fact?

The J-10B features:
- AESA / PESA radar
- DSI intakes
- IRST "crystal ball"
- Internal weapons bay
- More hardpoints
- FC-1 style cockpit
- Extended range
- Much more

Sorry but no.

It's far too early to judge the capabilities.

Calm down people, by the next year we will all know the capabilities of J10B. Its impossible to know the capabilities of J10B currently because we all know how secretive the Chinese government is.

SinoSoldier,

How is the J-10B better than the Eurofighter/Rafale and on a level with the F35?

With worse avionics, worse airframe, not even as stealthy as the EF2000/Rafale, worse flight performance (most likely), how is it better?

you guys really don't know how things work in China ,the frist J-10 was produced 10 years ago ,which is become the main force in CAF,but it's never been offical-confirm till last year ,what do you think we are doing over last ten years? last night's offical news reported that the bank made a loan of 176.3 B Y to the CNAHC(China National Aviation Holding Company)
F35 this kind of flights have to show what it is capable of,so the company could get the contracts,we don't have that concern,if you could really understand my chinese signature,you would know everything about our strategy,unfortunately,that's not gonna happen unless you are chinese

Last edited:
Stealthiness? It doesn't even have a stealthy design, I don't know enough about the aircraft to respond on the others.

Which analysts?

Anything to back this up?

Cutting edge maybe, (certainly for China and its aerospace history), but I am quite sure that it is not on a level with the best fighters in the world today, (EF2000 being one of them). Also, how is it a fact?

I have sources that say this. I did not make this all up, you know. I read and I learn.

Now, the "stealthiness" you were curious about is very different on the J-10A and J-10B. From what we know from reports, the new J-10B uses RAM and stealth coating. It uses a stealthy airframe that drastically reduces radar cross-section (RCS). The use of an internal weapons bay will also increase its stealthiness. The BIGGEST thing is that it uses DSI intakes. These intakes divert the airflow during supersonic flights, making the plane totally invisible to long-range radar. Reports has it that the stealthiness is generally compared with that of the F-35 Lightning II.

Yes, I agree that current reports have yet to be confirmed. There is one solution to this debate: LET'S WAIT AND SEE.

A lot of Chinese forums are saying that J-10B was supposed to have been operational a while ago but the earthquake delayed things, and now things are back on track it makes sense to me, there really isn't any other aircraft that would cause this much commotion at this point in time if in fact these veiled reports are true, and I doubt the Chinese would lie about such developments (crosses fingers).

Last edited:
I have sources that say this. I did not make this all up, you know. I read and I learn.

Now, the "stealthiness" you were curious about is very different on the J-10A and J-10B. From what we know from reports, the new J-10B uses RAM and stealth coating. It uses a stealthy airframe that drastically reduces radar cross-section (RCS). The use of an internal weapons bay will also increase its stealthiness. The BIGGEST thing is that it uses DSI intakes. These intakes divert the airflow during supersonic flights, making the plane totally invisible to long-range radar. Reports has it that the stealthiness is generally compared with that of the F-35 Lightning II.

Yes, I agree that current reports have yet to be confirmed. There is one solution to this debate: LET'S WAIT AND SEE.

Well lets wait and see and for now agree to disagree.

Back
Top Bottom