What's new

Advances in PLA Air Defense Capabilities Challenge Strategic Balance in Asia

J-10A only has 6 hard points but pylons can be installed and you will have more load outs.
and hope new J-10 is a total beast!:agree:

Of course! Pakistan even callse the new J-10 (J-10B) a FIFTH-GENERATION JET! It is MUCH superior to the Eurofighter/Rafale and the MiG-35.

The J-10B is expected to be on the same level (or better) as the F-35 Lightning II. :yahoo::china::pakistan:

There are three fighter programs ongoing in China:

1) J-10B, it's a stealth variant powered by one WS-10X engine with/without TVC nozzle. The basic WS-10A engine gives 132KN max thrust while WS-10X 140+KN. With improved avionics and weapons system J-10B is aimed at a capability of performance exceeding those of most 3G fighters, i.e., in the JSF-35 class. It will enter production next year whereas the production of J-10A is being halted late this year.

2) J-15. A carrier variant of J-11B.

3) J-xx, the 4th G fighter. The project is based on a 611 design and being headed by CAC. The Chinese 4th G fighter would be powered with WS-15 that has a TWR of 10. The engine is the bottle neck of the program and estimated to be ready before 2015.

PS. The program of twin engined J-10 variant is temporarily suspended.

Can you give me the sources that state that the J-10B is on the same level as the F-35 and that the J-XX's TWR is 10?
And how did you know that the J-10B is entering production this year and the J-10A production is slowed?

dear sinosoldier, would you mind avoiding heavy letter such as colorful and bold?
actually you dont need a super strong expression when discussing on a forum,do you?:azn:

dear sinosoldier, would you mind avoiding heavy letter such as colorful and bold?
actually you dont need a super strong expression when discussing on a forum,do you?:azn:

Yes, I noticed that. I didn't really mean to put big lettering. I was just testing around with the codes. :-)

IT IS OFFICIAL.

THE FC-20 (J-10B) MADE ITS SUCCESSFUL MAIDEN FLIGHT ON DECEMBER 26 2008. IT IS CHINA'S FIRST 5TH-GENERATION FIGHTER! COMPARABLE TO F-35 LIGHTNING II.

New J-10 Prototype Spotted In Chengdu? - Pakistani Defence Forum

Breaking News! Greatly Improved J-10 Fighter First Flight in China|China-Defense-Mashup

J-10 to get DSI intakes ?, page 1

what da heck? Comparable to F35??? awesome! Nationalism can be so Blinding!!!

Breaking News:: SU 30 MKI Takes on F22 Raptor and beats it hands down!!! US Government Orders SU30 MKI on an urgent Basis!!!!

Breaking News:: SU 30 MKI Takes on F22 Raptor and beats it hands down!!! US Government Orders SU30 MKI on an urgent Basis!!!!

:tongue:haha,we don't have enough money to buy F35,China is not a rich country like India,they won't sell F35 to us anyway,so we have to make our "F35"against their real F35,and how do you know F35 is that good,Maybe it's just another "F117":woot:

IT IS OFFICIAL.

Come on!

I always believe big mouth is not typical Chinese. Now there is an exception. Sorry to say that. :woot:

Your links only lead to all sorts of speculations/rumors without concrete proof.

"Official" should be a synonym of CCTV, Xinhua net or the equivalent.

what type of J 10 is PAF is going J 10A or J10B

PAF is going for the J-10B. It will enter mass-production and start delivery in a month or two. It is designated the FC-20 in Pakistan.

It was Pakistani officials that called it a "5th-generation fighter".

Come on!

I always believe big mouth is not typical Chinese. Now there is an exception. Sorry to say that. :woot:

Your links only lead to all sorts of speculations/rumors without concrete proof.

"Official" should be a synonym of CCTV, Xinhua net or the equivalent.

You don't need concrete proof. Because here some pictures that shows that the project is real:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9021/j10dsiintake14mo.jpg
http://military.china.com/zh_cn/bbs/11018441/20050614/images/12399610_247830.jpg

Remember, these pictures are not the J-10B itself. They are just to prove that the project indeed exists.

And yes, I admit that no photos of the J-10B have been released. It is typical for the Chinese government to keep weapon under tight security after it's been newly released (the J-10A wasn't shown until 8 years after it was released).

are you outof your mind SU 30 never faced raptor even in exercise and even it faced i dont think SU 30 got a kill on it no one gonna believe in it any way and russia dont have good ties with usa to sell its weapons to usa and usa never wanted SU 30 bocoz they have better fighter jets than SU 30

F 18,F117,F35,F22 or even they wanted su 30 they will build its copy in usa which is not the case your statements are very wrong:pakistan::pakistan:

are you outof your mind SU 30 never faced raptor even in exercise and even it faced i dont think SU 30 got a kill on it no one gonna believe in it any way and russia dont have good ties with usa to sell its weapons to usa and usa never wanted SU 30 bocoz they have better fighter jets than SU 30

F 18,F117,F35,F22 or even they wanted su 30 they will build its copy in usa which is not the case your statements are very wrong:pakistan::pakistan:

He was being sarcastic.

SinoSoldier,

How is the J-10B better than the Eurofighter/Rafale and on a level with the F35?

With worse avionics, worse airframe, not even as stealthy as the EF2000/Rafale, worse flight performance (most likely), how is it better?

Back
Top Bottom