What's new

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft [AMCA] Development | Updates & Discussions.

Wow ... no-one posted the latest iteration? :azn:

HAL AMCA - 202101 - 2+.jpg

HAL AMCA - 202101 - 3.png

HAL AMCA - 202101 - 4.png

Yup, AMCA program has passed Preliminary Design Phase last year and Today it is undergoing detail design phase.

But there is a difference in this project. Unlike the LCA, state entities don't control this project. The lead is now designated as Larsen & Tubro. Indian private firms are generally very efficient.

Please make a list of what airplanes these Indian private firms designed and manufactured.

Very few of the non-chinese jets will have questions on final RCS performance. While the opinion on J-20 universally is 'we'd like the Chinese to believe their J20 is invisible to our radar'

All your radars are either imported or produced based foreign technologies, India's detection capability is well known to everyone except India fanboys.

Don't have any expectations on Project Azm. It will not succeed. The biggest factor for Aviation project is money. You don't have it. We tried to build the LCA with a royal 3 Billion budget for plane+ infra+ engine. It went through a very painful process that extended the project life a lot. I don't think you'll be able to cough up even that- and a good stealth jet will cost about 8 to 10 Billion in R&D.

RAM Coatings had been developed by DRDO in mid 1990s itself. At that time they were able to absorb 85% of all radar waves . Right now they can absorb 98 to 99% of all Radar waves I believe. porbably more. This tech
is fully mature in India.

yes, another example of fantasy created by India fanboy.

I'm not getting what's happening. You're Indian? Yet you're constantly dissing India?
Please make a list of what airplanes these Indian private firms designed and manufactured.

All your radars are either imported or produced based foreign technologies, India's detection capability is well known to everyone except India fanboys.

Don't have any expectations on Project Azm. It will not succeed. The biggest factor for Aviation project is money. You don't have it. We tried to build the LCA with a royal 3 Billion budget for plane+ infra+ engine. It went through a very painful process that extended the project life a lot. I don't think you'll be able to cough up even that- and a good stealth jet will cost about 8 to 10 Billion in R&D.

project azm? We? How Chinese building LCA? And project Azm is not an Indian project, we don't try to act like we are Arabs or turk. The project name is AMCA.

By the way, any news from the preparations for the Aero India 2021? ... only two days left!

Yes they've started setting up the stalls, so initial sets of pics have already started coming out. Not yet seen an AMCA model, but this is the Tejas Mk2 model that is being displayed

Pitot probe is gone
New mounting strip for the canards below the canopy sill
Not yet clear if it's a fixed probe or not
New boundary layer spillway duct that spills turbulent boundary layer air onto the wing from near the intakes. That is one area that needs to be clarified at AI-21.

EtER3RFWMAAZs_v

Another surprise was this - the model of the HAL Loyal Wingman

EtHr_KlU4AcesY4

EtHr_1OUcAEnU2X

Last edited:
Yes they've started setting up the stalls, so initial sets of pics have already started coming out. Not yet seen an AMCA model, but this is the Tejas Mk2 model that is being displayed

Pitot probe is gone
New mounting strip for the canards below the canopy sill
Not yet clear if it's a fixed probe or not
New boundary layer spillway duct that spills turbulent boundary layer air onto the wing from near the intakes. That is one area that needs to be clarified at AI-21.

EtER3RFWMAAZs_v

Another surprise was this - the model of the HAL Loyal Wingman

EtHr_KlU4AcesY4

EtHr_1OUcAEnU2X
I think HAL wingman achieves today's feat for only of our government's continuous effort in indigenising aerospace ecosystem.I can not still believe this that India prepares this giant in just 1.5 years.
What a surprise 😎😎😎

What will this loyal wingman be loyal to?? Tejas?? :omghaha::omghaha:

I think HAL wingman achieves today's feat for only of our government's continuous effort in indigenising aerospace ecosystem.I can not still believe this that India prepares this giant in just 1.5 years.
What a surprise 😎😎😎

This is only a mockup..but from what I've heard, work is on in full swing on the Loyal Wingman as part of the Combat Air Teaming System (CATS) program..

New air launched drone swarms and new ALCM similar to the SCALP was also displayed.

Back
Top Bottom