What's new

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft [AMCA] Development | Updates & Discussions.

Eurojet had developed thrust vectoring for their EJ-2K engines. If we can get that engine for our AMCA, it will be better. Almost everybody I know favoured EJ-2K over F-414 for LCA-II. But a decision was taken and we have to resort to floating a tender again.

Russia, US, Germany. All have offered support. We already make MKI engine in india.
We still lack the critical material technology, don't we? The single crystal blade technology, we are still doing RND for it... Though GTRE have made some progress in developing tech for some of the aggregators.

Eurojet had developed thrust vectoring for their EJ-2K engines. If we can get that engine for our AMCA, it will be better. Almost everybody I know favoured EJ-2K over F-414 for LCA-II. But a decision was taken and we have to resort to floating a tender again.
IAF has agreed to consider EJ-2K for AMCA. Seems there is some setback with GE.

We still lack the critical material technology, don't we? The single crystal blade technology, we are still doing RND for it... Though GTRE have made some progress in developing tech for some of the aggregators.

Yes, That is why the support of others are required. We are one generation behind in Aero engine technology.

Don't know, I doubt it was designed for an AL31F.
a twin M88 Snecma or revamped GTRX K-XX won't be a bad option either.
i guess this time they dont have a choice they have to develop it and on fast track basis and should rope in best young minds + take guidence from international and national experts and counsaltants for the same ..... beg borrow or steal but just do it

Don't know, I doubt it was designed for an AL31F.
a twin M88 Snecma or revamped GTRX K-XX won't be a bad option either.

Uparted M 88-3 will be logical choice.

But will Russians provide Thrust Vector Tech for that engine?

Back
Top Bottom