What's new

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft [AMCA] Development | Updates & Discussions.

Uparted M 88-3 will be logical choice.

But will Russians provide Thrust Vector Tech for that engine?

Yes after rafale deal , it will be added benefit

But it is said that M88 won't be able to reach to 110 kn

And history of us wasting nearly 5 years for Kaveri - Snecma JV for LCA , is not easy to forget..

Yes after rafale deal , it will be added benefit

But it is said that M88 won't be able to reach to 110 kn

And history of us wasting nearly 5 years for Kaveri - Snecma JV for LCA , is not easy to forget..

I am getting feeling the AMCA Power plant willl be either Uprated EJ or Klimov RD 33 MK3.

I am getting feeling the AMCA Power plant willl be either Uprated EJ or Klimov RD 33 MK3.

Would have been much better if we had approached EU for EJ instead of wasting time Snecma , even the necessity for mk2 would not have come..

future of air force
AA%2BFGFA.jpg

India have acquired enough maturity in aircraft design and further improvement in design will be sorted out by experiential learning. The only thing India needs to develop is a turbofan which can provide more than 110kn thrust. It was a very good project management decision to delink Kaveri from existing fighter jet projects, and hopefully get the jets flying with off the shelf engine. However, India needs to allocate around $5 billion for engine R & D and let the smart guys and gals figure it out. With the man power India have, it will have a pretty handy engine in next 3-5 years time..

View attachment 257184
Different design changes during the process, certainly more changes still to come.

View attachment 257185

View attachment 257186
Production and testing of different major modules will be outsourced to private sector before being delivered to HAL for integration.

Excellent, the first image.

Production and testing of different major modules will be outsourced to private sector before being delivered to HAL for integration.

What your source for that, that's awesome news!!

Last edited:
Screenshot_2015-09-16-14-37-18.png

This is where our little LCA is so important. Some of the technologies developed will help build and speedup AMCA or AHCA.

Screenshot_2015-09-16-14-30-00.png

Excellent, the first image.
Awesome. There had not been any better informative post in Past.

What your source for that, that's awesome news!!
Based on F22 layout, purposed 1000 km combat radius, not enough space to accommodate 5th gen equipment with only 4 tonne internal fuel capacity will push AMCA into AHCA.

Last edited:
looks like AMCA is right on track but how come its morphing into AHCA :o:

looks like AMCA is right on track but how come its morphing into AHCA :o:

AHCA concept is a BS as we are already partnering in PAFA. It shall simply be a duplication of effort and loss of huge money.

Today I read an excellent paper of Aerodynamics of Tejas. They have redesign the canpoy and that shall reduce the drag by 6% which shall result into an transoceanic acceleration by 20% and highest speed by 2% at see level. This is awesome. it shall liberate the 50 liter space for fuel also. Another Aerodynamic change is new redome and increasing the length of Aircraft. Last shall happen in MK2 Rest 2 can take place in LCA MK1+.

AHCA concept is a BS as we are already partnering in PAFA. It shall simply be a duplication of effort and loss of huge money.

Today I read an excellent paper of Aerodynamics of Tejas. They have redesign the canpoy and that shall reduce the drag by 6% which shall result into an transoceanic acceleration by 20% and highest speed by 2% at see level. This is awesome. it shall liberate the 50 liter space for fuel also. Another Aerodynamic change is new redome and increasing the length of Aircraft. Last shall happen in MK2 Rest 2 can take place in LCA MK1+.
i too smell a IAF sponsorred yet another goal post change :hitwall:

i too smell a IAF sponsorred yet another goal post change :hitwall:

No I do not think so. IAF CHief has said that LCA Shall meet their requirement. If 800 KG Weight is slashed than LCA shall almost meet the IAF requirement. Here comes an another good news of 6% aerodynamic improvement. Now I am awaiting for the good news of new air Intake which shall allow LCA to utilized its engine power fully.

New Design of AMCA seem to resembling YF 23. What say?

Back
Top Bottom