What's new

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft [AMCA] Development | Updates & Discussions.

@sancho @SpArK @Kinetic @Abingdonboy @DrSomnath999 and all

It is said that "Starlite is used in the F-35 Jet" ( I read it somewhere); whether can be used in AMCA;

Starlite is a claimed material that can withstand and insulate from extremes of heat. It was invented by amateur chemist Maurice Ward (1933–2011) during the 1970s and 1980s, and received much publicity in 1993 thanks to coverage on the science and technology show Tomorrow's World. The name Starlite was coined by Ward's granddaughter Kimberly.
Under tests, Starlite was claimed to be able to withstand attack by a laser beam that could produce a temperature of 10,000 degrees Celsius (Starlite may have reflected part of the beam, however, which would have lowered the temperature).

Starlite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maurice Ward: April 2009

It is said that "Starlite is used in the F-35 Jet" ( I read it somewhere); whether can be used in AMCA;

Never heared of it, but no chance that the US would share something like that.

Never heared of it, but no chance that the US would share something like that.
ITS Even not In Hand of US; the private owner of technology, who never reveal the fact and technology of such, though India may privately (Secretely) contact her Daughter in Law ;)

ITS Even not In Hand of US; the private owner of technology, who never reveal the fact and technology of such, though India may privately (Secretely) contact her Daughter in Law ;)
Let's send a HOT RAW agent for "pyar ke jaal me phasane ke liye :) " .

pNups0L.jpg

Thats a very aggressive timeline or should i say unrealistic.

Unrealistic at least for the IOC. He is mistaken about the relaxed aerodynamic requirements, since it's more difficult to get a stealth design to provide credible performance than a non stealth design. And since design of aircrafts is a huge problem of our industry, it gets only more difficult for AMCA, not less.

This part is just hilarious. He should had asked Mr Tamilmani where the infrastructure for a stealth fighter project is? Why they had to send the windtunnel model to the US? Why we have to ask foreign companies to develop a new foreign engine that suits AMCA's trust requirements? Where the know how for stealth design comes from? Where IRST or advanced EW sensors are, let alone advanced weaponary that can fit into a weapon bay, that also is not available...and most of all, if everything is available, why is the Indian contribution to FGFA so little?

Unrealistic at least for the IOC. He is mistaken about the relaxed aerodynamic requirements, since it's more difficult to get a stealth design to provide credible performance than a non stealth design. And since design of aircrafts is a huge problem of our industry, it gets only more difficult for AMCA, not less.

This part is just hilarious. He should had asked Mr Tamilmani where the infrastructure for a stealth fighter project is? Why they had to send the windtunnel model to the US? Why we have to ask foreign companies to develop a new foreign engine that suits AMCA's trust requirements? Where the know how for stealth design comes from? Where IRST or advanced EW sensors are, let alone advanced weaponary that can fit into a weapon bay, that also is not available...and most of all, if everything is available, why is the Indian contribution to FGFA so little?

Dr. Tamilmani was the Head of CEMILAC :coffee: .......... he is the man who knows EVERY Aerospace vendor in India and all those foreign vendors working in India. He knows exactly who can do what since his signature is on all their CEMILAC certificates. For products or for development.

I will be a little less sceptical before laughing at the man. But that is just me.

Last edited:
View attachment 194969

That looks like 2 x BVR missiles (possibly 2 x WVR missiles in side bays) and only 2 x 1000lb bombs only.

I guess Range of those BVRs will be 55 to 60 KM, range of WVRs will be around 30 to 37 KM.

For Pak Fa- BVR range willl be 80 KM and WVR Range-37 KM, I think.

The reason is Pak Fa bays are longer and Pak Fa is bigger so while AMCA carries 4 missiles Pak Fa will carry 6.

What do you think?

View attachment 194969

That looks like 2 x BVR missiles (possibly 2 x WVR missiles in side bays) and only 2 x 1000lb bombs only.

How did you get that still out of video?

Dr. Tamilmani was the Head of CEMILAC :coffee: .......... he is the man who knows EVERY Aerospace vendor in India and all those foreign vendors working in India. He knows exactly who can do what since his signature is on all their CEMILAC certificates. For products or for development.

I will be a little less sceptical is laughing at the man. But that is just me.

He is the man that also recently said:

While the crucial part – the engine – is hoped to be tackled at the air show, the project is also partially handicapped by the lack of adequate transonic (at the speeds close to speed of sound) wind tunnel facilities, Tamilmani said. At present, India has just one such wind tunnel facility – the one belonging to National Aerospace Laboratories off Old Airport Road in Bengaluru.

Wind tunnels are the crucial part of an aircraft development, in which the model of an aircraft is subject to a simulated flight by shooting high-speed winds at the aircraft frame and actually making it fly even as it is actually stationary. With this, engineers can arrive at the best designs and assess the stress that the airframe can endure – crucial in an aircraft design.

“The NAL’s wind tunnel has the capacity of just 1,500 blow-downs (the high-speed shooting) while our requirement is 11,000 a year. In the absence of meeting such a high demand, we are forced to go abroad to have the aircraft tested,” Tamilmani said. The DRDO is currently taking the AMCA design model to Calspan Corporation’s transonic wind tunnel, the largest independently-owned wind tunnel in the USA.

However, the disadvantage of doing that, he said, is that “we are taking our details and concepts abroad, that too at our expense.” Tamilmani said the government is looking at a land in Telangana to set up a national wind tunnel facility to fill the gap. “In the next five years, we should have the facility,” he said, hinting at the urgency of pushing the AMCA project.

:coffee: You have to look beyond the promises, since they are trying to sell the development to the MoD and IAF, without having any base to start such a development.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom