What's new

Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft [AMCA] Development | Updates & Discussions.

If first flight takes place in 2020, then we should see a prototype in 2018/2019. right?

That depends on the developer, look at the T50, which was available as a prototype and even done ground tests, when the whole world was speculating about fan arts and concepts in the media or the internet. We basically knew only how it really looked like, when the first flight was made. With DRDO as the developer and their love of present themselfs infront of the media, I don't think such an ammount of secrecy will be possible, but just from the timing, that's not an issue, although I wouldn't expect them to meet the 2020 aim.

Conflicting report:

"We are targeting the first flight towards the end of 2020," claims Dr Tamilmani.

and

ADA Director P S Subramnaiam confirms to OneIndia that a total of nine prototypes would roll out of the AMCA hangar, starting 2020.

Not really conflicting at all. 2020 is 2020 whether at the start, middle or end of the year.

Its interesting to note that Engine development is de-linked from the Program. I suspect it will fly with US engines.

They have learnt their lesson from the Kaveri-LCA mess (the Kaveri delayed the LCA project a few years for sure) and given the engine they are looking at for a 5th gen fighter will need to have features like super cruise and TVC it isn't practical to target a home-built engine for the AMCA especially not if they want the first prototypes in the air within 5 years.

GRTE need to keep working in the background on this tech though, a nice target would be to have an Indian engine to go on the AMCA during its MLU (say in the mid/late 2030s)

Most probably we will choose American engine with ability to operate under extremely hot dusty climate and extremely cold conditions. First prototype may have F414 GE engine used for MK2 later upgraded F414 will be for AMCA . No reason to go for russian engines when we already will use US engines for our future fighters .

Most probably we will choose American engine with ability to operate under extremely hot dusty climate and extremely cold conditions. First prototype may have F414 GE engine used for MK2 later upgraded F414 will be for AMCA . No reason to go for russian engines when we already will use US engines for our future fighters .
Maybe for the first few prototypes but definitely not for the production models considering the F414 doesn't offer TVC or super cruise.

Maybe for the first few prototypes but definitely not for the production models considering the F414 doesn't offer TVC or super cruise.
There will be tweaks made on F414 platform to improve thrust by 20% with added TVC capability which will jointly developed by Indo US new defence agreement. Russians offered to tone done the current Su 30 MKI engine for AMCA and make it more economical and improve their availability . But we will go for GE . As we can go on with certain dimensions while designing and building AMCA.

I think so . It's my personal assumption. bro .

B-DeY4uCcAIBnFH.jpg:large

AMCA model at Air India 2015.

This seem to be the same model from the previous show 2 years ago, with the YF23 diamond wings. Recent models dont have that any more, so may not be a good representative of the frozen design.

There will be tweaks made on F414 platform to improve thrust by 20% with added TVC capability which will jointly developed by Indo US new defence agreement
Where have you heard this? I know that the EPE and EDE proposed upgrades for increased thrust but I've not seen any plans for the addition of TVC let alone super cruise and certainly no Indian collaboration, I would be intrigued to learn how you came to this conclusion.

Where have you heard this? I know that the EPE and EDE proposed upgrades for increased thrust but I've not seen any plans for the addition of TVC let alone super cruise and certainly no Indian collaboration, I would be intrigued to learn how you came to this conclusion.

The GE414G offers Supercruise in the Gripen NG, but that is dependent on the design of the fighter too, doesn't necessarily mean that it would in AMCA. Similar, there were F18 varients with TVC systems developed, so there is at least a base know how available, if that will be shared is a very different question. But it's kind of funny that DRDO once again is so focused on US companies as partners for windtunnel testing, design or engines, although that focus caused so many problems in the LCA development too. Sanctions, not shared techs, not allowed JVs, limited licence productions, end use monitoring...

The GE414G offers Supercruise in the Gripen NG, but that is dependent on the design of the fighter too, doesn't necessarily mean that it would in AMCA. Similar, there were F18 varients with TVC systems developed, so there is at least a base know how available, if that will be shared is a very different question. But it's kind of funny that DRDO once again is so focused on US companies as partners for windtunnel testing, design or engines, although that focus caused so many problems in the LCA development too. Sanctions, not shared techs, not allowed JVs, limited licence productions, end use monitoring...

Maybe the DRDO is infiltrated with by American Intelligence :o::o::o:

Am going by my instinct . Anyway we will take GE for to upgrade to EDE . As we need TVC and super cruise for AMCA we will Co Develop with the Americans. I don't think we will go for russian engines when we can have Americans one .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom