What's new

Adolf Hitler and the side of History never before seen.

Hitler blunted the ambitions of the Soviet Union in Europe, fair enough.

But in fact the Soviet Union emerged from WW2 stronger than before, even becoming a fully-fledged superpower in the post-war period. Which might not have happened if not for WW2.

If the Soviet Union was such a threat, why didn't Germany ally with the rest of Europe in order to present a united front against the Soviet Union? Instead Germany expanded in all directions (opening wars on all fronts) before they took on the USSR.

Germany + Europe would have stood a much better chance against the USSR, compared to Germany fighting against both Europe and the USSR at the same time.

One consequence of WWI was that all the parties involved were quite unhappy. The state of Poland had been formed and even fought a war with the Soviets in the Inter war era. Germany had been weakened and humiliated, but not quite finished off. Poland gained a sea corridor through Free city of Danzig, which effectively cut off Prussia from the rest of Germany. Austria-Hungary was now just Austria, with predominant German population. The immediate focus of Hitler after 1933 was reunification of the German population, in Austria, Sudetenland, as well as Danzig- which ultimately started WWII.

This united front against SU is just hogwash. Poland had problems with both SU and Germany. Germany and France were at odds. Britain was more or less neutral. America was in isolationist mode. Mussolini had plans of creating a new Roman empire in the Mediterranean, at the cost of British and the French. The smaller countries just wanted to stay neutral.

One consequence of WWI was that all the parties involved were quite unhappy. The state of Poland had been formed and even fought a war with the Soviets in the Inter war era. Germany had been weakened and humiliated, but not quite finished off. Poland gained a sea corridor through Free city of Danzig, which effectively cut off Prussia from the rest of Germany. Austria-Hungary was now just Austria, with predominant German population. The immediate focus of Hitler after 1933 was reunification of the German population, in Austria, Sudetenland, as well as Danzig- which ultimately started WWII.

This united front against SU is just hogwash. Poland had problems with both SU and Germany. Germany and France were at odds. Britain was more or less neutral. America was in isolationist mode. Mussolini had plans of creating a new Roman empire in the Mediterranean, at the cost of British and the French. The smaller countries just wanted to stay neutral.

So how do you think Germany could have avoided the catastrophic loss of WW2?

Because what they did certainly didn't work.

That "Western front" which they thought was dead came to life with a vengeance once Germany started facing big problems against the Soviet Union. In the end they were being hit from all directions.

So how do you think Germany could have avoided the catastrophic loss of WW2?

Because what they did certainly didn't work.

That "Western front" which they thought was dead came to life with a vengeance once Germany started facing big problems against the Soviet Union. In the end they were being hit from all directions.

The war was lost on the Eastern Front. Moscow was a key battle, and after Stalingrad, all hope was lost. The U-boat warfare, the Afrika Korps etc., were just side-shows. Soviet Union had help from Lend-lease etc., but ultimately the credit goes to them for the bulk of the fighting. There are several theories on the possible scenarios for German victory in WWII. But, I think the vastness of the Soviet Union, the help from "General Winter", and the resilience of the Soviets all helped.

Dont u know that he said, what he said is true n we all know that the imperialism came by those bankers of west who r jews n that Adam Smith was also a jew.

I don't have a problem with the Jews.

As a non-white person I would a much bigger problem with Neo-Nazis. The Jews don't bother me at all.

The war on the Eastern Front was the killing blow for the Nazi war machine during WW2 in Europe.
No. IMHO, the loss in Battle Of Britain was the point where the Third Reich started crumbling and many mistakes were made. Had the Nazis won the skies over Britain, UK would have been easily invaded (that was the follow up plan no?), there would have been no Normandy or D-Day! The allies got a solid base in the European Theater and with Rommel's mistakes gained the valuable foothold in France on D-Day! That loss prompted Hitler and his Generals to look for glory on the eastern front, which again as history teaches us, was in vain.

No. IMHO, the loss in Battle Of Britain was the point where the Third Reich started crumbling and many mistakes were made. Had the Nazis won the skies over Britain, UK would have been easily invaded (that was the follow up plan no?), there would have been no Normandy or D-Day! The allies got a solid base in the European Theater and with Rommel's mistakes gained the valuable foothold in France on D-Day! That loss prompted Hitler and his Generals to look for glory on the eastern front, which again as history teaches us, was in vain.

I thought it was always Hitler's plan to go after the Soviet Union? Since the worst enemy of the Nazis were the Soviet Communists.

In that case, would it have mattered if the Germans had won the skies over Britain? The Soviets did most of the heavy lifting against the Nazis anyway.

VS Britain it was mostly just an aerial bombing campaign.

Well, we don't know for certain if Hitler even said that. The quote has been found to be baseless, not even the mainstream conformist historians use this quote as evidence of Hitler himself confirming that he "gassed" 6 million Jews.

The book Mein Kampf has been fiddled with a lot. The original German version is rare.

Now, the last thing i want is for this thread to become another holocaust thread, so lets try not to take it down that path.
Whatever he did was right mythical holocaust or not.If i were him i would have done same with jews.

I thought it was always Hitler's plan to go after the Soviet Union? Since the worst enemy of the Nazis were the Soviet Communists.

In that case, would it have mattered if the Germans had won the skies over Britain? The Soviets did most of the heavy lifting against the Nazis anyway.

VS Britain it was mostly just an aerial bombing campaign.
Remember that the Nazis had a no-aggression pact with the Soviets? They both literally carved up Poland amongst themselves. Stalin was not expecting a Nazi assault. The Nazi assault on the SU was almost an after thought. IMHO.

And yes, it would have mattered if the Nazis had won the Battle of Britain. That would have led to an invasion of Britain, atleast that was the plan! The whole of mainland Europe ("continentals") was under the Nazi control. If the Pearl Harbor had not happened, US, with all its vast resources, would not have entered the war directly and the result, God forbid, would have been different.

Watch the videos i posted, watch the whole series before passing any judgements. I posted them for a reason.

That quote in his post is doubtful. Secondly, watch the videos i posted. There is no harm in understanding history from a different perspective.

I did watch it and happen to know a lot about WW2. History is always written by the victors perspective.

Hitler atrocities were more like a humanitarian campaign when compared with those of Allies and Soviet Union. The Fuhrer was undisputed smartest leader of WW2 but his greed got the best of him and instead of consolidating his gains and making Germany more stronger, he became obsessed with land grab and empire expansion.

Stalin was the dumbest prick of WW2 only to have his a55 saved by the weather and later American aid.

The German nation never really accepted their defeat at WW2, at-least not mentally. The basic ideology that Germany should establish itself as the Industrial powerhouse of the world would continue to shape post WW2 Germany.

Many of the Hitler soldiers continued to fight till last bullet even after the end of war unlike Stalin men who would surrender at first opportunity and had to be forced into fighting by death squads. A company of American forces which came into a confrontation with small pocket of resistance in German forest manned by teenagers described the toughness of last man last bullet war fighting mentality infused among the Nazi forces.

Well, we don't know for certain if Hitler even said that. The quote has been found to be baseless, not even the mainstream conformist historians use this quote as evidence of Hitler himself confirming that he "gassed" 6 million Jews.

The book Mein Kampf has been fiddled with a lot. The original German version is rare.

Now, the last thing i want is for this thread to become another holocaust thread, so lets try not to take it down that path.

much of what we know in this regard is nonsense and baseless propaganda, a loser is shown as an evil however, his core ideology was racist too... so cannot say he was the right guy.

Sure, it was the Germans who dressed up as British envoys and ministers that convinced the Polish government, who was on the brink of signing a deal with the Germans which would allow Ethnic German inhabited pre WW1 polish territory to be acceded back to Germany in return for ethnic polish inhabited German territory to be acceded back to poland, to cancel the deal.

It was also Germans who killed more than 50,000 Ethnic German minorities in Poland, which then incited Hitler to invade poland before thousands more Germans would be butchered. Right?

Hitler's invasion of Poland had nothing to do with preventing the butcher of 50-60 thousand Polish Germans (known as the Danzig Massacre), he just woke up one day and decided; "Hey, lets invade poland and start WW2".

Which is why the war in the Western front wasn't as bloody and ruthless as it was in the East.

Hitler didn't make USSR a power, it was Roosevelt and Churchill. Churchill brought the demise of the British empire and played a major role in the destruction of Europe.

Of course. :tup:

But in the end the Nazis lost badly, we know that.

Post-WW2 it became a game of superpowers, between the USA and the Soviet Union.

If Germany had won the war, then it would have turned out entirely different. What I'm saying is that Germany could have won, their Army was just as formidable as the Soviet Red Army, the problem is they were stretched out too much and fighting in too many directions.

Germans were to less to occupy the whole Soviet Union hitler must have been on weed
Same was for Japanese even if they had defeated KMT communists & all warlords they simply could have not hold the whole if china

He should have learned from what happened to Napoleon.

Not only did he open up a second front against Russia (worst idea ever), but he also fought Russia during the Winter! Double stupidity!

In fact in the end, it was Russia who sealed the fate of the Nazis. The war on the Eastern Front was the killing blow for the Nazi war machine during WW2 in Europe.

The invasion of the Soviet Union took place in Summer, but conflict stretched into winter time, they thought the war with Soviet union would be over before winter.

Back
Top Bottom